Emerson Palmieri

Unionjack

90 minutes vs Barcelona and I'd expect Emerson to create 2-3 goal scoring chances. Alonso, I'd expect at most 1 or 2. Defensively, who knows, considering Emerson's fitness and whatnot. But I'd play Emerson. Baptism of fire. Fully bleed him in instantly.

Who cares if Barcelona is too soon for him.... We are a big team... Enough of this small team siege mentality...we should be starting  with our strongest options and take the game to Barcelona cos on paper they are the favourite...atleast he is pacy can create goal scoring opportunities make runs behind opposition defence and provide another treat down the left flank....anything bar fitness issue... I like throw him in against barca

One match against Deadwood Hull and people are convinced.
Chelsea fans have the board and signings they deserve because they are fast to worship mediocre players and even faster to blame the coach, board, and players themselves after a couple of bad displays...
Let's play the guy against Barcelona!!! Seriously?

3 minutes ago, Barbara said:

Chelsea fans have the board and signings they deserve because they are fast to worship mediocre players and even faster to blame the coach, board, and players themselves after a couple of bad displays...

Nobody is worshipping him... His skill sets and style of play is what we have been missing in all the mediocre wingbacks we have... That has been one of our greatest undoing this season... Ability to do the basics as a wing back or pathetic snail Alonso who offers nothing than free kick... Who will u chose?...no point telling me Alonso is the better cos we know it's all going to end in tears... Whether he is gonna be a world beater I don't know and don't fucking care at this point....doing the basics as wing back is enough for me....

We have no chance against Barcelona....Conte will go with the pragmatic approach and Barça will beat us....i picture the scenario similar to our game against City... So in my opinion anything bar fitness I will throw him in... Let's take the game to them... Enough of us getting outplayed by opponents in Stamford Bridge... He is one of the players I feel can keep the ball and at least offer some kind of threat down the left flank... Alonso offers Noooooothing.... 

21 minutes ago, Barbara said:

We will play counter attacking football against Barca without a doubt. Not quite like the 2012 games vs Barca but it will be quite nasty at times again for us I think, Barca have been excellent this season after many people questioning them signing Paulinho, selling Neymar, not signing Inigo Martinez as well as the likes of Iniesta, Messi, Suarez getting older etc (age doesn't make a difference for those guys imo still world class players).

Emerson has more pace than Alonso so he might be a better option for us, as well as having greater recovery speed if he gets beaten. Yes pace isn't everything and yes Alonso offers height, a threat from set pieces and maybe hes a bit better defensively (honestly not sure haven't seen a lot of Emerson) but we are going to need quick transitions to get up the park, players like Emerson, Moses, Kante, Hazard, Willian, Pedro, Morata... these guys will be crucial over the two legs for us going forward and getting chances. I'm a huge fan of Alonso and finally he has got a reasonable level of player for competition, so it will push him as well as give us the chance to rotate him but I think purely from how we are going to get chances created and goals from the game, Emerson could be in contention to start purely for how quick he is and how comfortable he is taking players on 1v1. Probably won't start but that is what I think. Barca full backs maybe don't go as high as they did under Pep but they still like to go forward and leave spaces in behind. 

We have no chance against Barcelona....Conte will go with the pragmatic approach and Barça will beat us....i picture the scenario similar to our game against City... So in my opinion anything bar fitness I will throw him in... Let's take the game to them... Enough of us getting outplayed by opponents in Stamford Bridge... He is one of the players I feel can keep the ball and at least offer some kind of threat down the left flank... Alonso offers Noooooothing.... 

Isn't that the case before every encounter against Barcelona?

He's the better of the two options we have. Watching Alonso getting outpaced all game would not only be tough, but probably be the end of the tie inside 45 mins.

16 hours ago, Barbara said:

the other options are alonso who can't move faster than a jog , and zappacosta who is pub standard, so why not?

On 18/02/2018 at 9:08 PM, Barbara said:

Because Alonso will not even be able to outpace deadwood

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure what he has to do to get a start, we paid 24/25M for this bloke and he just sits on the bench.

Is this another middle finger salute from Conte to the board where he's saying 'fuck it I ain't playing him' because we didn't get Sandro...who knows, another one for the transfer confusion bin.

That's my frustration with conte...its not as if Alonso is anything quality or Sandro is outstanding...granted the board didn't get his target...but there might be an hidden gem in this young lad that won't get unlocked cos conte refuse to play him....

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

I know Conte has made many bad decisions this season but criticizing him for every single thing - and some for no good reason - seems to have become a popular thing these days.

Its Chelsea FC, wouldn't be otherwise if the teams own fans didn't criticise the manager for nothing haha. 

• 3 weeks later...

He has been very promising in the time he has had on the pitch. Provides a good option going forward, is great on the ball, and can whip in a nice cross. I didn't think he was as quick as he showed against the Spurs. Breezed past a few players. Him and Odoi actually looked decent on that wing together, even though Odoi is a bit fresh and made a few mistakes. 

Hope he starts the rest of the games this season.