Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Chelsea banned for TWO transfer windows


 Share
Followers 1

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Perhaps FIFA should be looking into the modern day slavery and multiple deaths of builders working on the Qatar World Cup stadia

Funny thing is, we are getting banned for signing kids we never play

Posted Images

5 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

It's a fair point. In fact the first time I offered this opinion a few years ago, I thought that was the best argument given against it. It came from a poster, on another Chelsea forum, with the screen name Droy Was My Hero. Not you is it?

Not me. Only CFC forum I ever signed up is Talkchelsea. I used to post here a lot, do quite a bit of articles, became a mod and so on. But mid Mourinho crisis and Conte's arrival, real life happened and I slowly faded into oblivion hahaha

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, gdlk said:

So Steve Holand will make Alonso-next Roberto Carlos and Azpi will be Canselo..  Higuain = Drogba and we will have in midfield Balack and Lampard... 

What we should be doing is like me buddy Mz @Vesper suggests and use Ballak as our DOF.

Was just saying in a diff thread that how important it is having a board and manager that get together and all work for the same thing.

But it also helps to have a DOF with a footballing background. Like Txiki at Shitty.

We have some busibess woman who loses us money that knows less than me about football trying to prove shes got a bigger pair of bollox than the men she goes up against.

It needs to change.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

City is accused of bribbing Sancho's agent when they bought Sancho at age 14. See how City manage to avoid any punishment again.

Goes without saying mate.One law for some one for others.

I just imagine the FA general meetings showing Shitty and Victimpool vids and having a wankfest watching them.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

City is accused of bribbing Sancho's agent when they bought Sancho at age 14. See how City manage to avoid any punishment again.

I read reports that four other PL clubs are getting investigate by FIFA

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

City is accused of bribbing Sancho's agent when they bought Sancho at age 14. See how City manage to avoid any punishment again.

Shitty and PSG are in far more trouble (in theory) than even we are. They both falsified hundreds of millions in earnings to circumvent FFP.

We shall see what happens.

I am just glad we didn't get banned from Europe and also did not get 2 full years (4 windows) in transfer bans. If that had happened, and FIFA (which they will do anyway) rejected our appeal within weeks (that speed can occur) then we would have to doe a final appeal to the CAS. IF they also did an expedited rejection, then it would have been possible (and still could be a possibility) that we would have NOT been able to do anything this summer in terms of transfers.

That will be a a disaster, BUT imagine if it was for the 2 full years (4 windows) AND a 2 year Europe ban AND no summer 2019 window.

That would have destroyed the club for the next 3,4 years or so, especially if Eden and CHO leave.

Imagine a team for the next 2 and a half years of now well into their 30's players who already are shit.

Also (and this BETTER not happen) there is a good chance that we will now take away our rule on no multi-year contracts for 30yo and overs.

Say hello to years more of Azpi, Luiz, Higs, Willian, Pedro, (Alonso in a couple years), hell maybe even Cahill.

IF we do have a 2019 summer window, we HAVE to decide what we are going to do about Eden and CHO. If we refuse to sell them, they walk on frees in 15 months, AND we will have NO SUMMER 2020 transfer window to replace them (due to an extended appeal letting us have the 2019 window).

Big trouble ahead.

It isn't like many of us have not been warning on this, but as usual, normalcy bias, arrogance, and a lack of future-forward vision rules at board level.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

It'll be overturned on appeal based on the fact the FA are also involved; if they want to be exonerated from any wrongdoing (ultimately it is they that register the players upon receiving the application from the member clubs) then they will take it to the court of arbitration for sport. I wouldn't be surprised if this rumbles on and we have the ban either reduced or suspended. 

However, if we are indeed suspended/banned, I can't wait to see FIFA throw the book at City and PSG. They'll probably get European bans and transfer embargoes.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe City will have a much harsher penalty that will evolve them out of European competitions and transfer bans. They did far worse than us.

It’s a matter of when. It took two years until FIFA’s investigation against Chelsea to conclude, it will probably take a year or so until City get theirs.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vesper said:

Shitty and PSG are in far more trouble (in theory) than even we are. They both falsified hundreds of millions in earnings to circumvent FFP.

We shall see what happens.

I am just glad we didn't get banned from Europe and also did not get 2 full years (4 windows) in transfer bans. If that had happened, and FIFA (which they will do anyway) rejected our appeal within weeks (that speed can occur) then we would have to doe a final appeal to the CAS. IF they also did an expedited rejection, then it would have been possible (and still could be a possibility) that we would have NOT been able to do anything this summer in terms of transfers.

That will be a a disaster, BUT imagine if it was for the 2 full years (4 windows) AND a 2 year Europe ban AND no summer 2019 window.

That would have destroyed the club for the next 3,4 years or so, especially if Eden and CHO leave.

Imagine a team for the next 2 and a half years of now well into their 30's players who already are shit.

Also (and this BETTER not happen) there is a good chance that we will now take away our rule on no multi-year contracts for 30yo and overs.

Say hello to years more of Azpi, Luiz, Higs, Willian, Pedro, (Alonso in a couple years), hell maybe even Cahill.

IF we do have a 2019 summer window, we HAVE to decide what we are going to do about Eden and CHO. If we refuse to sell them, they walk on frees in 15 months, AND we will have NO SUMMER 2020 transfer window to replace them (due to an extended appeal letting us have the 2019 window).

Big trouble ahead.

It isn't like many of us have not been warning on this, but as usual, normalcy bias, arrogance, and a lack of future-forward vision rules at board level.

They didn't have a good reason to drop the year contracts until this. So they can now do it without showing big signs of backing down

 

I'm still a believer in the 1 year renewables to a large extent. It SHOULD give the plasyers incentive for keeping on his toes to fight for his spot.

And I do think that IF the player himself was confident enough in himself and his skills then he shouldn't be worried he would ne asked to sign another year.

But at the same time there may come a time when we want a 30+ to stay 3 years as it would give him and maybe the team confidence and settle them.

Its a hard one.

I think they should give contracts on merit. If someones good whatever their age they get what they deserve.

Wish we could pay them like that too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

They didn't have a good reason to drop the year contracts until this. So they can now do it without showing big signs of backing down

 

I'm still a believer in the 1 year renewables to a large extent. It SHOULD give the plasyers incentive for keeping on his toes to fight for his spot.

And I do think that IF the player himself was confident enough in himself and his skills then he shouldn't be worried he would ne asked to sign another year.

But at the same time there may come a time when we want a 30+ to stay 3 years as it would give him and maybe the team confidence and settle them.

Its a hard one.

I think they should give contracts on merit. If someones good whatever their age they get what they deserve.

Wish we could pay them like that too.

It isnt like we will break it to renew a 30yo HAZARD

it will be to renew asshats like LUIZ and WILLIAN:rant::rant::rant:

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BlueLion. said:

It'll be overturned on appeal based on the fact the FA are also involved; if they want to be exonerated from any wrongdoing (ultimately it is they that register the players upon receiving the application from the member clubs) then they will take it to the court of arbitration for sport. I wouldn't be surprised if this rumbles on and we have the ban either reduced or suspended. 

However, if we are indeed suspended/banned, I can't wait to see FIFA throw the book at City and PSG. They'll probably get European bans and transfer embargoes.

i think if we have gone to the CAS with what we believe to be evidence proving we did no wrong, itll get overturned/reduced.

 

you dont go to the CAS if you dont believe you have the necessary proof

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

FIFA set to deal blow to Chelsea's hopes of £200m transfer spree and hiring Zinedine Zidane before the start of two-year transfer ban

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-6765031/FIFA-deal-blow-Chelseas-hopes-200m-transfer-spree-signing-Zinedine-Zidane-ban.html

 

OH COME ON NOW!!!:rant::rant:

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

FIFA set to deal blow to Chelsea's hopes of £200m transfer spree and hiring Zinedine Zidane before the start of two-year transfer ban

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-6765031/FIFA-deal-blow-Chelseas-hopes-200m-transfer-spree-signing-Zinedine-Zidane-ban.html

 

OH COME ON NOW!!!:rant::rant:

if this happens, we are FUCKED, as in well and truly

we will have to let Eden and CHO walk on frees in summer 2020

and also we are fucked (unless Reece James comes good instantly) at both fullbacks, at one CB, and at 2 of the 3 MF'ers (and we cannot even sign Kovacic, so fuckall backup for Jorginho), plus CF (unless Tammy finally comes good at top level)

DOOM:(

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/03/2019 at 1:55 PM, Vesper said:

if this happens, we are FUCKED, as in well and truly

we will have to let Eden and CHO walk on frees in summer 2020

and also we are fucked (unless Reece James comes good instantly) at both fullbacks, at one CB, and at 2 of the 3 MF'ers (and we cannot even sign Kovacic, so fuckall backup for Jorginho), plus CF (unless Tammy finally comes good at top level)

DOOM:(

I'm actually pretty calm about this. If the club hold their nerve and don't give in to giving longer term contracts to our older players, it forces us to give chances to some younger players and take a bit longer term approach.

The year before Roman we were only able to buy in De Lucas (who was a bang average squad player) on a free transfer as we had no money available and we went from 6th to 4th that season when expected to start falling apart. It provided time and patience to help the likes of Terry, Gallas, Lampard and Gudjohnsen to develop further and establish themselves. That season in particular Lampard grew into his role. We have players in a similar position at present (Kepa, Christensen, RLC, Barkley, CHO) not to mention all the players out on loan.

Some players such as Christensen and RLC will be given a proper chance to establish themselves as first choice, and our squad can be freshened up still with 3 or 4 younger players out on loan coming back in. There will still be a couple of holes in the team but we can finally see if some of these players are good enough to step up. If they prove to be, then we'll come out of this in a phenomenal position and potentially only need to look at adding 2 or 3 world class players around what we already have.

We're not title challengers at present, and if we have a season of not being able to buy anyone then the club can get by with a season without Champions League football if we had to take a step back to make steps forward in the future.

Striker is the big question mark if Higuain leaves but it would present a huge opportunity for Abraham and possibly bring Bats back from the wilderness. Both have limitations but both are goalscorers.

Just for argument sake (and assuming Hazard were to leave still in the summer. If he stays its a huge bonus):

Kepa

Azpi/James, Rudiger, Christensen, Emerson/Alonso

Jorginho

Kante, RLC/Barkley

Pulisic, Bats/Abraham, CHO

That team is hardly going to get relegated and is still stronger than the rest of the league below the top 6. If the likes of Christensen, RLC, James, CHO, Abraham had breakout seasons we could be looking the following season at only needing to upgrade and tweak a couple of areas of the team to make a title challenge. Not to mention I believe once one or two really establish themselves out of our academy, I believe more will start to follow.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/3/2019 at 9:42 PM, NikkiCFC said:

FIFA set to deal blow to Chelsea's hopes of £200m transfer spree and hiring Zinedine Zidane before the start of two-year transfer ban

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-6765031/FIFA-deal-blow-Chelseas-hopes-200m-transfer-spree-signing-Zinedine-Zidane-ban.html

 

OH COME ON NOW!!!:rant::rant:

Daily Mail quoted The Sun (THE SUN!). Oh what irony!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I'm actually pretty calm about this. If the club hold their nerve and don't give in to giving longer term contracts to our older players, it forces us to give chances to some younger players and take a bit longer term approach.

The year before Roman we were only able to buy in De Lucas (who was a bang average squad player) on a free transfer as we had no money available and we went from 6th to 4th that season when expected to start falling apart. It provided time and patience to help the likes of Terry, Gallas, Lampard and Gudjohnsen to develop further and establish themselves. That season in particular Lampard grew into his role. We have players in a similar position at present (Kepa, Christensen, RLC, Barkley, CHO) not to mention all the players out on loan.

Some players such as Christensen and RLC will be given a proper chance to establish themselves as first choice, and our squad can be freshened up still with 3 or 4 younger players out on loan coming back in. There will still be a couple of holes in the team but we can finally see if some of these players are good enough to step up. If they prove to be, then we'll come out of this in a phenomenal position and potentially only need to look at adding 2 or 3 world class players around what we already have.

We're not title challengers at present, and if we have a season of not being able to buy anyone then the club can get by with a season without Champions League football if we had to take a step back to make steps forward in the future.

Striker is the big question mark if Higuain leaves but it would present a huge opportunity for Abraham and possibly bring Bats back from the wilderness. Both have limitations but both are goalscorers.

Just for argument sake (and assuming Hazard were to leave still in the summer. If he stays its a huge bonus):

Kepa

Azpi/James, Rudiger, Christensen, Emerson/Alonso

Jorginho

Kante, RLC/Barkley

Pulisic, Bats/Abraham, CHO

That team is hardly going to get relegated and is still stronger than the rest of the league below the top 6. If the likes of Christensen, RLC, James, CHO, Abraham had breakout seasons we could be looking the following season at only needing to upgrade and tweak a couple of areas of the team to make a title challenge. Not to mention I believe once one or two really establish themselves out of our academy, I believe more will start to follow.

Agreed.

I honestly think RLC is really close to becoming a pretty important player for us - just needs some continuity esp remaining injury-free for some time.

BTW, did you mean Morata/Bats/Abraham by chance? ;) Either way striker will likely remain a big problem.

Abraham is the player I'm mostly unsure of. As in, I don't know whether he's going to make it at this level.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Robchels said:

Agreed.

I honestly think RLC is really close to become a pretty important player for us - just needs some continuity esp remaining injury-free for some time.

BTW, did you mean Morata/Bats/Abraham by chance? ;) Either way striker will likely remain a big problem.

Abraham is the player I'm mostly unsure of. As in, I don't know whether he's going to make it at this level.

I think if RLC had remained injury free over the winter he may well have established himself as first choice already in that midfield. If he stays fit I think he may have by seasons end and next season could be a real big one for him.

I think even with the ban that Morata won't come back. Atletico have an option to buy him and if he continues to play well for him I don't see any reason why they won't go ahead and buy him permanently.

I agree with Tammy but I think he has done enough to earn an opportunity. I'm not for one minute saying he is or could be as good as them, but I believe his goalscoring record in academy football was much better than Rashford and his loan spells at Bristol City and Aston Villa have been superb compared with someone like Harry Kane who hardly pulled up trees until Spurs gave him a chance.

A season with a genuine chance at the club would soon see if he has what it takes. He may not be good enough to become first choice but may prove to be a very good second choice striker for the club. At the moment we need two new long term striking options, not just one.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...