Ross Barkley

milllz

36 minutes ago, Dimitr said:

Tell me one only one other target.  Who is better than Barkley  and can play for ucl . 

Well how do we define a target? Just anyone the papers have linked us to? Or people we've been linked with before Conte came? I don't think we've really been linked with anyone solidly in midfield. But I can list midfielders who aren't cup-tied, or are but still worth it, who actually have the potential to improve the team noticeably.

Torreira (everyone wanted Verratti, why the hell wouldn't you want him?)
Milinkovic-Savic (the perfect player) (cup-tied, yet worth signing ASAP. if we need a CM now, bring back Van Ginkel, Loftus-Cheek, etc until Savic is here and ready.)
Illarramendi (the ideal stop-gap; actually good enough to provide for us today, yet cheap enough and shoddy-of-a-history-enough to ensure little-to-no financial loss should he not provide what we want.)
Benat (same as above, less ideal player but certainly a brilliant playmaker)
Seri (same cup-tied scenario as Savic, similar player to Verratti like Torreira is; would be taken by Barcelona, Bayern, Madrid, United, everyone.)

Half of them are good enough to lead us upwards in climbing the ladder we've slipped from & unlock the potential of attacking players around them further. And that's not the level Barkley's on. 

Considering Barkley's hardly better than a handful of our youngsters, why buy him now, instead of wait for an actually great player? Is there a fetish on here for signing genuinely mediocre players, so they can transcend logic and become world-beaters? 
I'd re-call someone like Van Ginkel or RLC if we must have a central midfielder now!!!!!:middlefinger: & then find a square peg to fit our square hole in the summer, instead of force this nobody on ourselves. Take away his English nationality and he's nothing in footballing terms. Battling to be as good as Meireles.

25 minutes ago, Dimitr said:

@Leif you made my day 

you said Salah is  nothing and now he is one of the best . 

Fucking logic of fucking Chelsea fan . 

Chelsea isn’t a good team because  their supporters  haven’t brain . 

Tell me one fucking cm. Better than Barkley who is available   World class and can he plays in UCL 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

No. I said, somewhere, we were correct to sell Salah in the environment we were in back then, and that still today, Salah would stunt us going forward from having a fully fluid, consistent team at the top level. He is not one of the best - his form is a level or 2 behind that. He's statistically productive; a lot more-so than when with us too, due to Roma's nurturing. 

Why do i need to provide world class players when you're providing Barkley? Shouldn't i be providing like-for-like players? 

@Leif

I've been in this forum for almost 6 years now. I truly have never seen any positivity come out of you and it's quite amazing how much of a buzz killer you can be. I'm in no way implying that you are incorrect about Barkley, but goodness me, you have quite the talent in dragging spirits to the mud!

It's not the end of the world, it's just a signing.

6 minutes ago, Azpinator said:

@Leif

I've been in this forum for almost 6 years now. I truly have never seen any positivity come out of you and it's quite amazing how much of a buzz killer you can be. I'm in no way implying that you are incorrect about Barkley, but goodness me, you have quite the talent in dragging spirits to the mud!

It's not the end of the world, it's just a signing.

I'm not dragging spirits in the mud if, as you could be implying, there's a chance I'm right about Barkley. Surely that would just be reporting things as they are?

Often, it's about seeing only one-sided views being posted; and someone needs to inject an opposing one to make people think, especially if that person (me in this scenario) is genuinely 'on that other side' not being reported. If that's a buzz-kill to anyone, they need to grow their mind.

I wouldn't exactly call you Mr Positive either. Or Mr Negative. If you say I lack positivity, I say you lack the full-bodied nature which makes us human:lol:.

'It's just a signing'. Right. And we just won the Champions League; its just a playful competition, it wasn't a big deal, right.:lol: (If what we do today is not a big deal, what we did then wasn't.)
Get involved with the drama. If you dislike passion or views which clash from yours, my god football is not your sport. And if those critical views are 'negative', that's a really, really short-sighted way of seeing things.

Its 15m. This is nothing today. 

If it doesnt work, we can easily add another midfilder of high quality and ship Barkley on loan and sell him for profit.

I hope we dont hinder RLC chances though, I think he deserves a shot. But even so, I think RLC should be out on loan playing regulary next two years, so we can get something from Barkley. 

If it works great, we get cheap english player, if not he will be bench player. 

Bottom line we can sign another Vidal/Seri/Savic anytime if we want. 

If Barkley cost 30-40m that would be concern though. Then we have rather expensive midfielder and we cant just sign another one if it doesnt work.

12 minutes ago, Leif said:

No. I said we were correct to sell Salah in the environment we were in back then, and that still today, Salah would stunt us going forward from having a fully fluid, consistent team at the top level. He is not one of the best - his form is a level or 2 behind that. He's statistically productive; a lot more-so than when with us, too, due to Roma's nurturing. 

Why do i need to provide world class players when you're providing Barkley? Shouldn't i be providing like-for-like players? 

I can’t understand why you don’t like this signing.ok he is not world class  but we can buy a world class in January?? Not 

if we can buy. A world class player this month why we must sign him ? We will not hunt man city ,probably we end up in second place  and might win fa cup etc .

Why we must buy Lemar in this window. ??  We are already dead in the hunt of man city . Next year again. 

Barkley and mahrez can play in ucl so I hope to buy them . 

Investing in Milinkovic-Savic or Atletico's Saul pursuit and waiting until the summer if needed would be better, yes. That's what the top club will do.

Now we only need some players not to get embarrassed in UCL, nothing more. Top 3 is ours, this way or another.

But... I guess we got used to signings like this, and bringing Barkley for 15m is better than bringing Bakayoko.

2 minutes ago, Leif said:

I'm not dragging spirits in the mud if, as you could be implying, there's a chance I'm right about Barkley. Surely that would just be reporting things as they are?

Often, it's about seeing only one-sided views being posted; and someone needs to inject an opposing one to make people think, especially if that person (me in this scenario) is genuinely 'on that other side' not being reported. If that's a buzz-kill to anyone, they need to grow their mind.

I wouldn't exactly call you Mr Positive either. Or Mr Negative. If you say I lack positivity, I say you lack the full-bodied nature which makes us human:lol:.

I appreciate a good argument, but it feels like you always have the desire to inject that opposing view on purpose. This is just my experience.

Nothing but love, mate. 

3 minutes ago, Azpinator said:

I appreciate a good argument, but it feels like you always have the desire to inject that opposing view on purpose. This is just my experience.

Nothing but love, mate. 

Well, it's not on purpose. It just is. There are views to be pointed out about players, good and bad. It seems many would rather celebrate every signing without ever critically analysing. I understand if so, it makes things more 'fun', but that's not going to hold up when it comes to debate, which is generally what forums are for, and what great conversations are made of. 

But of course. Dear love for my dear mate :wub:

21 minutes ago, Leif said:

Well how do we define a target? Just anyone the papers have linked us to? Or people we've been linked with before Conte came? I don't think we've really been linked with anyone solidly in midfield. But I can list midfielders who aren't cup-tied, or are but still worth it, who actually have the potential to improve the team noticeably.

Torreira (everyone wanted Verratti, why the hell wouldn't you want him?)
Milinkovic-Savic (the perfect player) (cup-tied, yet worth signing ASAP. if we need a CM now, bring back Van Ginkel, Loftus-Cheek, etc until Savic is here and ready.)
Illarramendi (the ideal stop-gap; actually good enough to provide for us today, yet cheap enough and shoddy-of-a-history-enough to ensure little-to-no financial loss should he not provide what we want.)
Benat (same as above, less ideal player but certainly a brilliant playmaker)
Seri (same cup-tied scenario as Savic, similar player to Verratti like Torreira is; would be taken by Barcelona, Bayern, Madrid, United, everyone.)

Half of them are good enough to lead us upwards in climbing the ladder we've slipped from & unlock the potential of attacking players around them further. And that's not the level Barkley's on. 

Considering Barkley's hardly better than a handful of our youngsters, why buy him now, instead of wait for an actually great player? Is there a fetish on here for signing genuinely mediocre players, so they can transcend logic and become world-beaters? 
I'd re-call someone like Van Ginkel or RLC if we must have a central midfielder now!!!!!:middlefinger: & then find a square peg to fit our square hole in the summer, instead of force this nobody on ourselves. Take away his English nationality and he's nothing in footballing terms. Battling to be as good as Meireles.

Illaramenti??? Hahahah if he was good  he   Would have been playing until now. With real . 

Seri is a good  player but  in the same situation with Barkley not  an end product. And he is a Barca fan . And nice don’t want to sell him now .

do you rate higher van ginkel than Barkley?? Hahaha.   

5 minutes ago, Azpinator said:

Nothing but love, mate. 

He is doing that maybe in a more blatant way because most of fans are like "ahh, it's ok, better this than nothing, not bad..."

We are club which is failing in the TM year after year, and of course in player quality of our team. Big club like Chelsea cannot afford transfers like this on regular basis, but that's exactly what's happening.

So, I am glad we have someone like @Leif

1 minute ago, Leif said:

Well, it's not on purpose. It just is. There are views to be pointed out about players, good and bad. It seems many would rather celebrate every signing without ever critically analysing. I understand if so, it makes things more 'fun', but that's not going to hold up when it comes to debate, which is generally what forums are for, and what great conversations are made of.

But of course. Dear love for my dear mate :wub:

I'm all for everything you said. My issue was not what you did, but the way you were doing it which was over-dramatic in my opinion. There is a thin line between being critical and downright depressing.

Cheers! 💙

I was expecting none to happen in this transfer window

So bringing a english player for a reasonable price isn't that bad.

Not optimal but it's quite hard to bring quality in January without entering in a saga so I'm not that upset right now

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, El P. said:

He is doing that maybe in a more blatant way because most of fans are like "ahh, it's ok, better this than nothing, not bad..."

We are club which is failing in the TM year after year, and of course in player quality of our team. Big club like Chelsea cannot afford transfers like this on regular basis, but that's exactly what's happening.

So, I am glad we have someone like @Leif

His bluntness adds a lot to the mix, and I enjoy it most of the time because it spices things up. However, too much spice could give you gastrointestinal problems.

It makes sense on the transfer fee if the £15mill is right considering we offered £50m for him in the summer. When he signs outr contract he will be upto £30mill shirley.

But with his wages at £100k thats why Poch couldnt sigb him. With spuds pay structure it would only put him £10k a week less than Mr Potatohead himself. Tho reports of Poch trying to get him to sign a new contract for £200k a week.

So Ive been thinking this might just work. Pretty sure hes a Roman buy but lets see how he works out. With him being good at creating chances at least he offers more creativity eh.

57 minutes ago, El P. said:

Investing in Milinkovic-Savic or Atletico's Saul pursuit and waiting until the summer if needed would be better, yes. That's what the top club will do.

Coincidentally, these guys will cost at least £50m, probably more because it’s January. For £15m it’s fine. We aren’t going to sign guys like Torreira, SMS, Lemar etc. in January for a reasonable price. All these teams will look at us signing Bakayoko and DD at £40m each and they could easily say “look, you signed these two for that price so we need at least £10m more”.

You guys should’ve been angrier about the Drinkwater signing. He’s a good player but he doesn’t bring anything different to the squad, not at £40m anyway. Chelsea have been after Barkley for years as well.