Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Ross Barkley


Jas
 Share
Followers 5

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lampard was one of the most durable players on the field, his stamina was in range of Kante's, God knows what would his career look like without it. So please stop comparing those two just because bot

The views on Marina sure turn faster than Bakayoko.

Morata would have sent that into the stands.

Posted Images

He could become something interesting, but comparing him to Lamps? Calm down people...

I personally doubt he will be good enough. Wonder what RLC might be thinking about this...

 

And welcome Ross, please shut me the hell up and be good.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Namika said:

 

He returned to training with the group two weeks ago, he posted it on instagram I think. He just said it too in the interview with CTV so he's fit to play.

Theres fit to play and Contes fit to play lol But gotta get him used to how the lads play and who runs where. Only comes thru training/playing/watching vids.

5 hours ago, Styles said:

Vastly overrated. Yet another passport signing. This doesn't help us close the gap in terms of quality on City or Europe's top teams.

Pointless signing after pointless signing. It never ends.

I should think theres only 3 players we got that we would all agree on. Dave,Kante and Eden. And then theres still some who would  still knock each of the 3.

It wouldn't matter who we bought it would be a gamble. This is a very cheap one that we already made money on him. I got good hopes for him.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Doesn't that apply to almost every English youngster?

However, lets give him time before essentially writing him off

 

A lot of Everton fans don't give a shit which is very telling.


And this guy really isn't a youngster anymore. He's 24 and still being talked about like he's 17 year old. If people are still talking about your 'potential' at the age of 24 then it's clear you've failed to live up to the hype. Good thing for him is we have an absolute fraud in Bakayoko so he can't be much worse than that.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites



 
A lot of Everton fans don't give a shit which is very telling.

And this guy really isn't a youngster anymore. He's 24 and still being talked about like he's 17 year old. If people are still talking about your 'potential' at the age of 24 then it's clear you've failed to live up to the hype. Good thing for him is we have an absolute fraud in Bakayoko so he can't be much worse than that.


Fans make out they don't care when players leave to try & make themselves think, they are better off. Doesn't say much to me tbh

Got the second coming of Iniesta regaining form at Arsenal, so that says enough about potential in England.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Styles said:

 

A lot of Everton fans don't give a shit which is very telling.


And this guy really isn't a youngster anymore. He's 24 and still being talked about like he's 17 year old. If people are still talking about your 'potential' at the age of 24 then it's clear you've failed to live up to the hype. Good thing for him is we have an absolute fraud in Bakayoko so he can't be much worse than that.

To be fair 24's still time, i mean a certain couple of our legends were going nowhere fast at that age. Im not saying Barkley will hit those heights and i still need to be convinced myself but he has the talent to work around.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

http://www.espnfc.com/chelsea/story/3336851/antonio-conte-ready-to-fight-critical-premier-league-managers

Barkley is a signing driven primarily by Chelsea rather than Conte, but the Italian still spoke highly of the 24-year-old's ability and potential.

"We are talking about a player with great potential," the Italian said. "He is a complete player but at the same time he is very young and he has just started his career."

Asked what he meant by "complete," Conte added: "Complete because he has it all. He has stamina, he is strong physically, he has good technique. He is fast, and has stamina. He is a modern footballer."

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a really big fan of this transfer. What I can say is that he will be wearing Chelsea colours only because he is English and because he was available for almost nothing, although even 15m pounds might be too much for him in my eyes. Definitely not a Conte signing, but the Italian is used to not bringing him his targets, at least our clueless board bring some other players.
I hope he will prove me wrong, because I don't really have high expectations from him and also please, stop comparing him to Lampard, he is far behind Frank, doesn't even deserve his number at the club. Hope this tranfer doesn't mean RLC will be gone permanently soon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, King11Didier said:

Not a really big fan of this transfer. What I can say is that he will be wearing Chelsea colours only because he is English and because he was available for almost nothing, although even 15m pounds might be too much for him in my eyes. Definitely not a Conte signing, but the Italian is used to not bringing him his targets, at least our clueless board bring some other players.
I hope he will prove me wrong, because I don't really have high expectations from him and also please, stop comparing him to Lampard, he is far behind Frank, doesn't even deserve his number at the club. Hope this tranfer doesn't mean RLC will be gone permanently soon.

You might not rate Ross as a footballer but to say he isn't even worth 15m is nothing short of the ridiculous.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DDA said:

You might not rate Ross as a footballer but to say he isn't even worth 15m is nothing short of the ridiculous.

Yeah, 15m for a injured player who hasn't played since last season is definitely not ridiculous. The only way this sum is not ridiculous is only because football market nowadays is utter sh8t. Latest example, Van Dijk for what, 75m?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, King11Didier said:

Yeah, 15m for a injured player who hasn't played since last season is definitely not ridiculous. The only way this sum is not ridiculous is only because football market nowadays is utter sh8t. Latest example, Van Dijk for what, 75m?

When he signed his contract he doubled his value mate. Considering we offered £50mill for him a few nonths bck I'd say thats a bargain. Give the lad a chance. Hes now Chelsea.

My god, I cannot stand Scouse accents. Makes my skin crawl. 😂

He sounds exactly like Wayne Rooney. 

Not as bad as a Brum one!

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

When he signed his contract he doubled his value mate. Considering we offered £50mill for him a few nonths bck I'd say thats a bargain. Give the lad a chance. Hes now Chelsea.

Not as bad as a Brum one!

I don't know how they're perceived over there in the UK but as an American, people with Scouse and Geordie accents just sound dumb as rocks. Like literal uneducated planks. Unbearable to listen to for more than a few seconds.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I don't know how they're perceived over there in the UK but as an American, people with Scouse and Geordie accents just sound dumb as rocks. Like literal uneducated planks. Unbearable to listen to for more than a few seconds.

That's a bit unfair, but I think the people down south in America also suffer from the same sort of stereotype.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Pizy said:

I don't know how they're perceived over there in the UK but as an American, people with Scouse and Geordie accents just sound dumb as rocks. Like literal uneducated planks. Unbearable to listen to for more than a few seconds.

oh no bruv youre spot on. Just personally a strong Brum accent grinds on me. I worked up there for 6 months and felt I was in a foreign land for awhile. Till I found this great club full of Rastas and felt right at home! cc5a56b34698ea58af7d48ea63083c70.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...