Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Ross Barkley

Jase
Followers 5

I don't think he was very impressive last night, he just doesn't get his head up enough and release the ball quickly. In that deeper role, against good teams he'll be caught in possession too many times.

That Bulgaria team last night are about the equivalent standard of a top league 1 team. They'd struggle in the Championship.

If Kova and Kante are both unfit, as is Reece James, I am dreading him playing alongside Jorginho at the weekend. Newcastle are not a great team and we might just get away with it but they'll be confident after they beat United and they do have some hard working players in the midfield who may be willing to press Barkley if he has to play in there.

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lampard was one of the most durable players on the field, his stamina was in range of Kante's, God knows what would his career look like without it. So please stop comparing those two just because bot

The views on Marina sure turn faster than Bakayoko.

Morata would have sent that into the stands.

Posted Images

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/oct/18/frank-lampard-criticises-france-injured-ngolo-kante-didier-deschamps

Ross Barkley could benefit from Kanté’s absence after impressing during England’s 6-0 win over Bulgaria, scoring twice and grabbing an assist. “I was loving his arrival into the box,” Lampard said. “It’s what you always want to get when you’re playing midfielders with attacking qualities. I’m delighted to see players going away internationally and doing well, particularly if he hasn’t been playing as much as he might like here.”

Barkley has struggled to hold down a place in the Chelsea side and Lampard feels the 25-year-old has room for improvement. “One thing from working with Ross is that he wants to listen and learn,” he said. “And he’s got great talent, which is probably why people have maybe judged him at a level at a young age because we all get excited when young talent comes through in England.

“His story and his injuries and coming here to Chelsea where it is competitive, we have given him challenges. It is up to him to show here what he showed for England on Monday night. He has done in parts already. Midfield players that can go by a player, use their left and right foot and come up with a moment out of nothing are gold, but you have to have the complete game with that. Ross certainly has those talents and can get better.”

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, the wes said:

More like he's just unprofessional and doesn't seem determined to achieve things. He turns 26 next month and should be entering his peak years. Yet, it feels like he's going nowhere and going to waste his career. 

More like he's just unprofessional and doesn't seem determined to achieve things. He turns 26 next month and should be entering his peak years. Yet, it feels like he's going nowhere and going to waste his career. 
British mentality that has plagued many

I dont understand that Lamps somewhat defends him, singling him out with this  reoccuring "I like Ross" like he is morphing into 90ies Jennifer Aniston lol. 

Anyway just like the character Ross should stop being a man child wuss and take responsibility. But I have given up hope. Lamps should stop singling him out tho. 

He's probably being frustrated because younger player came from Championship and took his place (deservedly) and now with RLC coming back soon he gave up I guess and don't care much anymore. We pay 15m for him plus 7m fee for him and his agent. I think we can sell him for at least 35m and we should definitely do it in the summer. 

Is it a coincidence that the Gallagher coming back rumours started around the time Ross was caught topless?

I had sympathy for Barkley at Everton and under Conte because there was clearly something a miss in the way he was being coached and looked after but in Sarri and Lampard he's had two managers who put great pride in developing players and he's totally wasting/wasted his opportunity.

• Like 1
On 11/27/2019 at 2:57 PM, Tomo said:

Is it a coincidence that the Gallagher coming back rumours started around the time Ross was caught topless?

I had sympathy for Barkley at Everton and under Conte because there was clearly something a miss in the way he was being coached and looked after but in Sarri and Lampard he's had two managers who put great pride in developing players and he's totally wasting/wasted his opportunity.

he is clearly an alcoholic

it is ruining his career and life

• Like 1

Once again, this £27m-rated Chelsea and England star is on borrowed time – opinion

https://90maat.com/once-again-this-27m-rated-chelsea-and-england-star-is-on-borrowed-time-opinion/

Frank Lampard has described Chelsea midfielder Ross Barkley as “showing a lack of professionalism” after he was pictured shirtless in a nightclub while struggling with an ankle injury. The incident occurred during the international break, and his club manager said he must “show his reactions on the pitch”.

Former Everton midfielder Barkley has made five starts in the Premier League this season but is yet to register a goal or an assist. His club form mirrors his displays for the Three Lions in the Nations League where he also did not contribute to any goals. However, in a European Championship Qualifying campaign, England dominated he has found the back of the net four times in four matches.

Assessing his contribution in the Premier League so far this term it is easy to see why Lampard has favoured selecting, Matteo Kovacic, N’Golo Kante and Jorginho. Barkley is averaging 32 passes per match, while Jorginho is averaging well over double that figure and creating four times the number of big chances with his passing.

Defensively, both Jorginho and Kovacic have a significantly improved tackle success rate, the pair have an average of 69 and 67 per cent respectively, while Barkley’s is 29 per cent. The Englishman’s interceptions are also way down on the pair of players he is competing against, he has three, compared to Kovacic’s nine and Jorginho’s 23. Though the England international cannot be accused of giving up on the cause defensively and had put his body on the line seven times to block shots.

snip

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

he is clearly an alcoholic

it is ruining his career and life

Not sure about alcoholic.

I think he may be a similar situation to what I was in a couple of years back. I wasn't an alcoholic but if there was a party I was invited too or my mates were going on a night out I couldn't physically say no. However on a day to day basis I was fine without a drop of alcohol, didn't (and still don't) even have a beer after a working day or if I go out for a meal.