Ross Barkley

milllz

Barkley can adapt and play CM imo. Would rather him than Drinkwater if we're signing players because they're English. 

For example I'd much rather we get Ox, Barkley and Sanches on loan for a year to cover/compete for CM than buy Drinkwater. 

1 hour ago, Reddish-Blue said:

We'll see who the club picks.  A proven premier league midfielder or a 23-year old who still doesn't have a defined position?

is barkley not proven in the PL?

1 minute ago, Artandur said:

I'm not following the english national team, does he have a regular part in it ?

Not really, he's started only 8 games in the NT so far since his debut in 2013 with a further 14 substitute appearances. He's usually included in the squad whenever fit but he's by no means an important player for them.

Puzzled as to why we'd want both Drinkwater and Barkley. Even if just one of them came in they'd struggle for minutes. Won't complain if we get both, though, since our squad would go from paper thin to excellent if all these deals go through.

Would also be kind of awesome to have two of the most talented, relatively young English players at Chelsea in Barkley and Ox. With great coaching their potential is massive.

4 minutes ago, J.F. said:

Average player at his best, just like Oxlade, u can find bunch of players like them in Spain, Italy, Germany for 15M max

Name them? 23/22 year old players in these countries that'll go for 15m at their quality. Go on.

They're both good players with untapped potential. A move is what they both need. Honestly, for them being at least squad players they'd both be good sensible signings. 

14 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Puzzled as to why we'd want both Drinkwater and Barkley. Even if just one of them came in they'd struggle for minutes. Won't complain if we get both, though, since our squad would go from paper thin to excellent if all these deals go through.

Would also be kind of awesome to have two of the most talented, relatively young English players at Chelsea in Barkley and Ox. With great coaching their potential is massive.

slightly different roles I think between Barkley and Drinkwater.

Drinkwater is like a little ankle biter round the place, gets stuck in whereas Barkley would be more creative

5 minutes ago, J.F. said:

Average player at his best, just like Oxlade, u can find bunch of players like them in Spain, Italy, Germany for 15M max

Clearly never watched Ox or Barkley. Probably going by their numbers. Plus we are an English club and we need English players. Simples.

25 minutes ago, Pizy said:

English talents are so painfully overrated. They get to produce nothing for years yet still hold the title of 'massive talent'. All based on a couple of flashes of quality over a period of years. I just don't get it. It's the same thing over and over again. That's not great talent. That's a decent/average player having a good day every now and again, rather than some huge prospect who mysteriously manages to underperform for years.

I'm not saying they're not talented but the level of their talent, and others like them (not just the English), are overestimated by many.

I welcome both though. HG players are needed and it's not like Chels can sign the likes of Verratti, Neymar etc.

12 minutes ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

slightly different roles I think between Barkley and Drinkwater.

Drinkwater is like a little ankle biter round the place, gets stuck in whereas Barkley would be more creative

True. I'd say Barkley would be competing with Cesc as the more creative spark. Drinkwater is sort of an all-arounder who can play anywhere in CM.

3 minutes ago, DYC. said:

English talents are so painfully overrated. They get to produce nothing for years yet still hold the title of 'massive talent'. All based on a couple of flashes of quality over a period of years. I just don't get it. It's the same thing over and over again. That's not great talent. That's a decent/average player having a good day every now and again, rather than some huge prospect who mysteriously manages to underperform for years.

I'm not saying they're not talented but the level of their talent, and others like them (not just the English), are overestimated by many.

I welcome both though. HG players are needed and it's not like Chels can sign the likes of Verratti, Neymar etc.

Normally I'd agree, but I think Ox really does have insane potential unlike many of the hugely overrated English players like Wilshere, Walcott, Welbeck etc. 

Barkley not too long ago was touted as a £50-60m player if he moved. Obviously the talent is there to warrant that sort of talk and under the right circumstances (elite coaching, playing with elite players, playing in the CL for the first time) we can see that talent blossom.

Fortunately for us we wouldn't be paying idiotic fees for them like City have with Sterling, Stones, and Walker. We'd be getting both for essentially half the price that those went for and they're just as talented.