Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Wilfried Zaha


the wes
 Share
Followers 2

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, killer1257 said:

The only question is if he wants to come to us. Man United really want him and Dortmund already confirmed that there were talks between Man United and Dortmund about a Jadon Sancho transfer to Man United. Sancho did not want to go and Dortmund was not interested in selling him. It will be hard to get him. 

He didnt want to go back to the Manc shithole

he is a London lad

when he was having the drama at Shitty, I saw an interview where he hinted at saying he did not like living in Manchester

which is the sign of an intelligent person, lololol

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, Zaha has typical Arse middling player written all over him. Alex Iwobi clone. I do not want him here unless he costs around £40m MAX. £80m is rape!!! Especially for a player who turns 2

I think Zaha is better than Willian. Just because he plays in Palace doesn't mean he's rubbish. I've seen Zaha do damage against big clubs (that includes us).

I've never understood why people haven't been keen for him moving here. Particularly if you've actually watched him and seen the progress.  Powerful dribbler, tricky, pace, strength, and has an e

Posted Images

Said it before will say it again. Stay clear. His end product for an offensive player is average at best. This season CP have enjoyed a more than decent start and he has been anonymous, no goals just two assists. I think he has found his level and he would fail again at a big club. Would be a very expensive flop as well.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
12 hours ago, Special Juan said:

“I'm counting on Wilf, delighted to be working with him but when transfer windows come around one can never say what will happen. We will have to adjust with what comes our way.” - Roy Hodgson on Zaha exit rumours.

He has scored 3 goals this term in 1465 mins, that's 1 goal every 5.4 full games. Not good enough for a supposed striker option, even as a backup over Giroud or Michy would be going sideways (perhaps an upgrade on Giroud as he doesn't fit our style at all). I wouldn't consider him an automatic upgrade over Willian either, both lack in end product (something we REALLY don't need any more of), but Willian's overall play is better. 

If he does sign, the hope is that he will blow up in a new club and get a little push from Lampard to improve. But if the money involved is too high, then forget him and move on to other targets

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, manpe said:

He has scored 3 goals this term in 1465 mins, that's 1 goal every 5.4 full games. 

That's one goal more than three of our wingers have combined in the PL this season lol. And he scored all three in the last five games. Keep in mind that Palace scored just 15 goals this season and with 2 assists also he contributed to 33% of their goals. I think the reason why he started season slowly is because of denied transfer request. He was unhappy. In previous two seasons he had 19 goals and 15 assists in 63 games for Palace. That is goal or assist in less than two games. Or contribution to more than 35% of all Palace goals in two seasons. Mane had very similar stats in two seasons with Southampton. I really think Zaha will flourish with better team mates. And I would really like to establish what is good season for wingers in terms of goals? I just checked stats for all the top wingers across Europe and guys like Chiesa, Zaniolo, Costa, Bernardeschi, Gnabry, Coman, Asensio, Dembele, Martial, Rashford, Sane, B. Silva, Bailey, Lemar never scored more than 12 league goals. Actually majority way less than 10 on this list. Of course you have guys like Neymar, Salah, Mbappe, Mane but they are not realistic targets. So my point is if we can't sign Sancho I'll be more than happy to have Zaha here. If he gives us 10g-10a per season which was his score last season with Palace that'll be great. But I think his numbers will improve here. 80m is too much but if we can lower it down a little bit and put Michy in the deal I'm all in!

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, milka said:

 

The first three have little to nothing to do with Marina, players and coaches bailed her out on those. We have been quite lucky and overachieving this past decade if I think about it, in quite a few seasons things could have gone very differently very easily, which would have dramatically impacted the club's finances and stature. But somehow the team always managed to stay afloat despite all the unfavourable circumstances we've faced, even now.. this has kept the club from becoming Arsenal. It's time for the board to step up and start doing favours back for the team.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

That's one goal more than three of our wingers have combined in the PL this season lol. And he scored all three in the last five games. Keep in mind that Palace scored just 15 goals this season and with 2 assists also he contributed to 33% of their goals. I think the reason why he started season slowly is because of denied transfer request. He was unhappy. In previous two seasons he had 19 goals and 15 assists in 63 games for Palace. That is goal or assist in less than two games. Or contribution to more than 35% of all Palace goals in two seasons. Mane had very similar stats in two seasons with Southampton. I really think Zaha will flourish with better team mates. And I would really like to establish what is good season for wingers in terms of goals? I just checked stats for all the top wingers across Europe and guys like Chiesa, Zaniolo, Costa, Bernardeschi, Gnabry, Coman, Asensio, Dembele, Martial, Rashford, Sane, B. Silva, Bailey, Lemar never scored more than 12 league goals. Actually majority way less than 10 on this list. Of course you have guys like Neymar, Salah, Mbappe, Mane but they are not realistic targets. So my point is if we can't sign Sancho I'll be more than happy to have Zaha here. If he gives us 10g-10a per season which was his score last season with Palace that'll be great. But I think his numbers will improve here. 80m is too much but if we can lower it down a little bit and put Michy in the deal I'm all in!

Those guys are much better players though. Zaha is good but not 80m and his end product is still inconsistent. Hes played upfront for Palace too last few sessons as opposed to outwide.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

 

Hodgson admits Crystal Palace would consider ‘serious bid’ for Wilfried Zaha

Roy Hodgson has reiterated Wilfried Zaha is not for sale but conceded the Crystal Palace hierarchy would have to consider serious offers for their prized asset in January.

Zaha, who submitted a transfer request in the summer amid interest from Arsenal and Everton, is among Chelsea’s primary transfer targets next month. Palace are loth to lose the forward and Hodgson is determined to strengthen his squad when the transfer window reopens on Wednesday.

Zaha’s contract runs to the 2023 season and Palace, who have set his asking price at £80m, are adamant they will not listen to offers below their valuation. Asked whether he has had any assurances that the 27-year-old will not be sold in January, Hodgson replied: “Well, Wilf is not for sale, so basically I don’t need assurances. We aren’t trying to sell Wilfried Zaha, we want to keep Wilfried Zaha. I have the assurance there is no one in the club that wants to sell Wilfried Zaha, but of course you never know where bids are going to come from and I suppose every time there is a serious bid for one of your players the board of directors needs to take it seriously.

“It’s certainly not something we’re looking for and, by the same token, everyone at the club is aware we need strengthening, we need some help in terms of our group of players because there are certain areas we don’t have the cover or competition we need.

“And I believe they will be trying to help put that right too, but if you say, ‘have you got assurances?’ Well you can’t get assurances unfortunately, you can only get people agreeing with you that this is what needs to be done and this should be the next step for us going forward. And then hope that it leads to some players coming through the door that you want, that will make your squad stronger, increase the competition and, most importantly, perhaps prevent us finding ourselves in the current situation.”

Palace, who are determined to add four or five new players in January owing to injuries to seven first-team players, have identified Burnley’s Dwight McNeil and Brentford’s Ollie Watkins as potential replacements for Zaha.

Palace, who drew 1-1 at Southampton on Saturday, visit Norwich City on Wednesday. “We’ll have a lot of respect for Norwich and the way they play,” Hodgson said. “They find themselves at the wrong end of the table but I have seen on many occasions watching them play that their passing quality and movement is better than many other teams above them in the league.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/dec/31/roy-hodgson-crystal-palace-serious-bid-wilfried-zaha

 

It's coming we are going to get him. But let's not blow 80 million on him, please. 

Give them Bats and 40 million if we are big on him.....

Link to post
Share on other sites

#Chelsea are interested in Wilfried #Zaha. Talks ongoing with #CrystalPalace that asked €80M to sell him. Marina Granovskaia is working to lower the price and could offer Michy #Batshuayi as counterpart. #transfers #CFC

 

Nicolo Schira reporting this, get it done Chelsea.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

#Chelsea are interested in Wilfried #Zaha. Talks ongoing with #CrystalPalace that asked €80M to sell him. Marina Granovskaia is working to lower the price and could offer Michy #Batshuayi as counterpart. #transfers #CFC

 

Nicolo Schira reporting this, get it done Chelsea.

First they said £80m but if it's in euros that's £67.8m which is much closer to his real worth. Plus Marina will do her magic and lower it even more and Michy... We can get a good deal 👍

#inmarinawetrust

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NikkiCFC said:

First they said £80m but if it's in euros that's £67.8m which is much closer to his real worth. Plus Marina will do her magic and lower it even more and Michy... We can get a good deal 👍

#inmarinawetrust

One of our strikers would be an ideal make weight for this deal if she can get this done.

I'd have Zaha in a heartbeat, I think he would do fucking wonders here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

First they said £80m but if it's in euros that's £67.8m which is much closer to his real worth. Plus Marina will do her magic and lower it even more and Michy... We can get a good deal 👍

#inmarinawetrust

I have never seen it quoted in euros. £80m has been the price for ages. Would make zero sense for an English player to be quoted in euros for another English team. Due to the fact he turns 28yo 3 months into next season, anything over £50m (I say £40m but I will toss on a £10m homegrown intraleague transfer tax to be grudgingly realistic) is a pure ripoff. If you transplant his stats onto another EPL winger his age then there is almost no way that winger's price of £80m would not be laughed out of the pub. £80m would make Zaha the second most expensive incoming EPL transfer ever, trailing only Pogba. It is madness considering his age and his historical outputs IMHO. He is not some singularly rare missing link type for a top 5 club looking for a fine-tuned final puzzle piece to aid in a treble attempt (like Willian was for Barca in summer 2018, due to his hardcore defensive trackback and wing play needed to balance off some frailties they had.)

£80m Zaha is a luxury buy for a team like us who are still 2 or 3 seasons away from entering peak zone. A little over 2 and half years from now Zaha will be 30yo.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...