Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Aleksandr Golovin


the wes
 Share
Followers 1

Recommended Posts

We'll be extremely lucky to get £20m for Drinkwater from a mid to low table club. Maybe a newly promoted team who wants to make a splash. We ain't getting anywhere near what we paid for him back.

Wouldnt be surprised at all if RLC gets one more season on loan, tbh. He can only benefit from playing every single game for another season which he wouldn't get here. The danger in that of course is that if he has another great season and improves even more, he may very well not ever want to come back and one of our rivals will try to poach him when his contract runs down.

If we can sell Drinkwater and Ruben is loaned, I could definitely see us going after both Golovin and Seri. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Pizy said:

We'll be extremely lucky to get £20m for Drinkwater from a mid to low table club. Maybe a newly promoted team who wants to make a splash. We ain't getting anywhere near what we paid for him back.

Wouldnt be surprised at all if RLC gets one more season on loan, tbh. He can only benefit from playing every single game for another season which he wouldn't get here. The danger in that of course is that if he has another great season and improves even more, he may very well not ever want to come back and one of our rivals will try to poach him when his contract runs down.

If we can sell Drinkwater and Ruben is loaned, I could definitely see us going after both Golovin and Seri. 

Maybe Crystal Palace could help us out like they did for Liverpool with Benteke.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Chelsea are interested in CSKA Moscow midfielder Aleksandr Golovin, according to Sky in Italy.

Golovin was a transfer target for Maurizio Sarri at Napoli.

It’s believed that CSKA want €25m (£22.1m) for the Russian international. 

Juventus have had a €20m (£17.7m) offer for the player turned down and have decided not to increase their offer. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tbh I'd sell Cesc without any hesitation this summer while we can still get some money for him. We all know that Cesc's legs have been gone since 2015 but more recently I feel that his biggest asset which is his passing has also gone down the drain. Sure he may give the occasional wonderful throughball but he doesn't inspire confidence on the ball anymore the way he used to. So I'd sell Cesc and replace him with Seri. This will leave our midfield options for next season as Kante, Seri, Golovin, Barkley, RLC and Baka which is more than adequate for league plus the vigours of Europa league. Goes without saying that Drinkwater should also be sold. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Get this move done. It would be a brilliant bit of business for the reported sum in the region of 25mil. Straight from the same bargain bin we got Kante from.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DDA said:

Get this move done. It would be a brilliant bit of business for the reported sum in the region of 25mil. Straight from the same bargain bin we got Kante from.

£25m for a player who's having a good world cup that's a bargain in today's transfer market 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, the wes said:

£25m for a player who's having a good world cup that's a bargain in today's transfer market 

Not talking about Golovin specificaly, but several players had superb cups and gone absolute dogshit after. 

I dont understand why is so popular to hype players who have good world cups. Maybe those who get all to the final, but thats about it. 

These players arent good because of world cup, they were good before. But the media hypes the shit out of them. Doesnt mean they are actualy good because they have a few good games against third tier teams and it also doesnt mean they "exploded" in world cup, becuse alot were better before for their clubs. 

James Rodriguez was amazing in Monaco before World cup. Same with Aurier in Toulouse. 

This year its Lozano. He was already amazing in psv.

On other hand you have the likes of Giacherrini or Gebre Selassie who had great cups but are crap players. Renato Sanches is another brilliant example.

If we are targeting Golovin, better be because he was good in CSKa and not because he played well against f*ing Saudi Arabia and Egypt.

Its unbelievable how much hype some players get after few good games in world cup. They are not goddamn Ronaldo9. 

With these kids being good in world cups/euros its more chance they turn shit or underachieve rather than reach their potential. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Not talking about Golovin specificaly, but several players had superb cups and gone absolute dogshit after. 

I dont understand why is so popular to hype players who have good world cups. Maybe those who get all to the final, but thats about it. 

These players arent good because of world cup, they were good before. But the media hypes the shit out of them. Doesnt mean they are actualy good because they have a few good games against third tier teams and it also doesnt mean they "exploded" in world cup, becuse alot were better before for their clubs. 

James Rodriguez was amazing in Monaco before World cup. Same with Aurier in Toulouse. 

This year its Lozano. He was already amazing in psv.

On other hand you have the likes of Giacherrini or Gebre Selassie who had great cups but are crap players. Renato Sanches is another brilliant example.

If we are targeting Golovin, better be because he was good in CSKa and not because he played well against f*ing Saudi Arabia and Egypt.

Its unbelievable how much hype some players get after few good games in world cup. They are not goddamn Ronaldo9. 

With these kids being good in world cups/euros its more chance they turn shit or underachieve rather than reach their potential. 

 

I agree with you about the World Cup hype, but we had links with him before the World Cup so I assume he's been scouted extensively during his time at CSKA.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

Not talking about Golovin specificaly, but several players had superb cups and gone absolute dogshit after. 

I dont understand why is so popular to hype players who have good world cups. Maybe those who get all to the final, but thats about it. 

These players arent good because of world cup, they were good before. But the media hypes the shit out of them. Doesnt mean they are actualy good because they have a few good games against third tier teams and it also doesnt mean they "exploded" in world cup, becuse alot were better before for their clubs. 

James Rodriguez was amazing in Monaco before World cup. Same with Aurier in Toulouse. 

This year its Lozano. He was already amazing in psv.

On other hand you have the likes of Giacherrini or Gebre Selassie who had great cups but are crap players. Renato Sanches is another brilliant example.

If we are targeting Golovin, better be because he was good in CSKa and not because he played well against f*ing Saudi Arabia and Egypt.

Its unbelievable how much hype some players get after few good games in world cup. They are not goddamn Ronaldo9. 

With these kids being good in world cups/euros its more chance they turn shit or underachieve rather than reach their potential. 

 

I would be worried too if Golovin was a one dimensional player; he really has all the qualities to be a top player. pace, athleticism, touch, passing, stamina, etc. Looking at the body of works during these games, and very few games of CSKA. I am very impressed. 

I do really get your point about not falling for the hype. Look at my posts from last summer i was very against Bakayoko. I warned this forum about him being a one year wonder, and some of his short comings that i didn't like. 

Plus he fits tremendously in Sarri system, and plus it is not like we are breaking the bank here. No reason to doubt this signing imo. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Clockwork said:

btw James Rodriguez is a top player, he is a bit one dimensional player. fantastic player, as long as you know what you are getting from him and comfortable with it. 

I'd take him in a heartbeat fwiw. Lovely player.

 

As for Golovin, he really does look good. He's got the stamina and is pretty good with his dribbling. Decision making could get better still.

 

Also, I like how you've posted videos of Golovin vs Arsenal and United. These are the best kind of videos to judge a player on. THey show every touch he's made in that game, good or bad. No bias involved in these that make a Darren Bent look like Lewandowski. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Not talking about Golovin specificaly, but several players had superb cups and gone absolute dogshit after. 

I dont understand why is so popular to hype players who have good world cups. Maybe those who get all to the final, but thats about it. 

These players arent good because of world cup, they were good before. But the media hypes the shit out of them. Doesnt mean they are actualy good because they have a few good games against third tier teams and it also doesnt mean they "exploded" in world cup, becuse alot were better before for their clubs. 

James Rodriguez was amazing in Monaco before World cup. Same with Aurier in Toulouse. 

This year its Lozano. He was already amazing in psv.

On other hand you have the likes of Giacherrini or Gebre Selassie who had great cups but are crap players. Renato Sanches is another brilliant example.

If we are targeting Golovin, better be because he was good in CSKa and not because he played well against f*ing Saudi Arabia and Egypt.

Its unbelievable how much hype some players get after few good games in world cup. They are not goddamn Ronaldo9. 

With these kids being good in world cups/euros its more chance they turn shit or underachieve rather than reach their potential. 

If you believe the reports, Sarri had wanted Golovin at Napoli but couldn't get him and if that is true, it would mean Sarri thinks he's good and can add quality to the side as opposed to judging him solely on the World Cup. Plus, it should also mean something that Juventus were reportedly after him as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Golo 'n N'Golo sounds like a match made in My Blue Heaven just a perfect match up. Those 2 running around like hamsters on their wheels would be amazing. We could use Baks/Barks or RLC as 3rd man IF of course we dont manage to buy Seri too/

It would go a long way to help restore my faith in our powers that be.

5b36dc8bc230c_Screenshot_2018-06-30AleksandrGolovinFootballStatisticsWhoScoredcom.thumb.png.090762db873d654e03154cdf06812fb1.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Jas locked and unlocked this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...