Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Aleksandr Golovin

the wes
Followers 1

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I seriously don't get how Drinkwater is still a Chelsea player. Barely got a sniff last season when options were severely limited. Now we have Jorginho, a fit Barkley, and possibly RLC if Sarri likes him. DD won't get near our XI at this point.

There's been no links for him. The club will want to recoup as much as possible from him and can't sell him if there are no takers.

Unfortunately until we get rid of Drinkwater and Bakayoko, it's difficult to justify buying more midfielders.

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, El P. said:

Why, just why? Could have easily had him

Poslano sa mog SM-A310F koristeći Tapatalk

Monaco Russian owner stepped in and put the hard/soft grandmotherly love (Russian expression) squeeze on.

7 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

There's been no links for him. The club will want to recoup as much as possible from him and can't sell him if there are no takers.

Unfortunately until we get rid of Drinkwater and Bakayoko, it's difficult to justify buying more midfielders.

Drinkwater was/is the 2017 version of Jiri Jarosik. Ridiculous price paid for a marginal player as well. NO clue why we bought him, other than he once played with Kante.

Then again so did MF's  Julien Féret, Andy King, Laurent Agouazi, Nicolas Seube, Fayçal Fajr, and Jordan Adéoti (over 200 games total between them with Kante)  and you could get the lot of 'em for less than 6,7 million quid total spend (the ones who are not out of football)

I would have been fine rolling with what we got at CM after Jorginho until he seemed in our hands and for such a great deal. we would have swarmed the middle with Kante,Jorginho and Golovin. gonna be a great player,i`m sure of it.

Find it peculiar that people are upset over missing out on a player that most didn’t even hear off before the World Cup. 

Anyway, this Monaco deal seems to have Emenalo written all over it. Not sure if it’s as conclusive as reported given the contrasting reports we have heard over the last few days.

2 minutes ago, The Chels said:

"Done deals" that go quiet for a while do have a tendency to collapse. Sarri probably doesn't want him.

OR maybe Golovin finds going to Monaco would be better for his career. After all, it’s not like we have a stellar record in making young players better.

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

Find it peculiar that people are upset over missing out on a player that most didn’t even hear off before the World Cup. 

Anyway, this Monaco deal seems to have Emenalo written all over it. Not sure if it’s as conclusive as reported given the contrasting reports we have heard over the last few days.

it's not only did we miss out on a player we 'havent heard about' but also that we spent the last month trying to sign him, with allegedly russian connection and all of that. how incompenent one board can be.  

1 minute ago, whats happening said:

it's not only did we miss out on a player we 'havent heard about' but also that we spent the last month trying to sign him, with allegedly russian connection and all of that. how incompenent one board can be.  

Maybe the board did screw up or maybe Golovin feels going to Monaco would be better for his career. We don’t know exactly for sure, do we? 

Maybe the Lucas Paqueta rumours have more truth in them.

I think Golovin turned us down, to be honest.  Right from the start, there was talk that he wanted Juventus.  I was looking forward to all that energy in midfield.

Who's up next?

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

Maybe the board did screw up or maybe Golovin feels going to Monaco would be better for his career. We don’t know exactly for sure, do we? 

what we know is that our board needed atleast two months to hire sarri and one month to finish the signing of golovin.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

I seriously don't get how Drinkwater is still a Chelsea player. Barely got a sniff last season when options were severely limited. Now we have Jorginho, a fit Barkley, and possibly RLC if Sarri likes him. DD won't get near our XI at this point.

Wouldn't surprise me to see him as the direct cover for Kante and Jorginho for a season which i wouldn't actually mind, he did a solid but unspectacular job as a squad player upto January last season and has the basics needed for a Sarri system.

12 minutes ago, Dimitr said:

CKSA Moscow goalkeeper Sergey Chepchugov appears to say goodbye to Aleksandr Golovin and wish him luck at Chelsea via his Instagram!

I don’t know if this account is fake 

thoughts ?

0EDCE269-20E4-4846-A246-6F197A1C1017.jpeg

Pretty sure it's a real account

22 minutes ago, Dimitr said:

CKSA Moscow goalkeeper Sergey Chepchugov appears to say goodbye to Aleksandr Golovin and wish him luck at Chelsea via his Instagram!

I don’t know if this account is fake 

thoughts ?

0EDCE269-20E4-4846-A246-6F197A1C1017.jpeg

And is that Golos Twitter account he has 'liked' it from? Not

I would be very very happy if this is true.

I dont understand how some of us think this to be a bad move. The guy must be one of the only other players that could keep pace with the wee baldy man. We put him in the Hamsik spot and I really dont see a problem.

Our CM is hopefully sorted. been awhile since his Gran and sister started to follow us!

• Jase locked and unlocked this topic