Mason Mount

the wes

14 hours ago, Unionjack said:

I'm hoping we dont send CHO out.

If we don't sign anymore offensive players (RW,LW, AMF, Striker) and we loan CHO out, I am going to lose my mind. I REALLYthink we lose Courtois, and I guess we sign Reina.

If that's it for ins (some may still be sold out)

I predict Sarri could be sacked sometime in the next 12 months.

GK  Reina (IF he signs)/Caballero and Green     disaster, so fucked

CB Christensen great

CB Rudiger  great 

backups 17 yo Ampadu and blääää Cahill, no clue on Luiz??? Zouma is damaged goods I fear (what a disaster:( that knee injury was, he looked like he was going to be a BEAST)    overall, if we miss out on Rugani, a huge blow, plus we have to keep Luiz then and either way it looks like no Cahill sale, gggrrrr

RB  Azpi  backups Zappacosta and  Moses? (I see no place for him on this team)   overall this position is oki as long as Azpi stays healthy

LB Emerson (who I still have no idea if he is as good as I think he can be)  backup Alonso (who I think isnt going to work well in a back four) HUGE question marks

DMF  Kante (best in world atm) backup Bakayoko (yikes!)

CMF Jorginho (the only decent thing in ages) , RLC (ffs sell Drinkwater)  key here is RLC, maybe Sarri can work magic on him and end up using him as AMF too

AMF  Barkely backup ageing Fabregas, we need to pray Barkley doesnt get injured for the 21,765th time

RW Willian backup/rotation Pedro , if Willian goes wonky in clubhouse, we are so fucked

LW Hazard, backup CHO (if he stays with main club) Pedro can be emergency backup  this is big trouble waiting to happen

Striker Giroud  backup Morata (unless we sell him) no clue on Bats, I dont think he is Sarriball material,and finally Abraham, who is yet another who was a world beater in the Championship, and now the world beats him in the EPL   this position is FUCKED as it stands

overall

GK and Striker  as it stands (if Courtois leaves)  ARE FUCKED Wingers are dodgy overall (except for Hazard and possibly CHO if he stays), we lack a truly devastating AMF (that's nothing new, but Sarri system needs one)  Fullbacks (if Emerson doesn't pan out) other than Azpi looks another potential mess

Nightmare potential if this is what we end up with, I rate chances at 50/50, especially if Hazard or or Azpi, Barkley, Jorginho, or one of the starting CB's gets hurt, the drop off in talent is INSANE in all FIVE positions, and GK is fucked ( and Reina isnt even signed yet, imagine a duo of Caballero and Green!!!!!

I was thinking that Mount could be the reason we aren't or probably won't get an attacking midfielder.  He and RLC are not quite ready, but buying a 25 year old attacking mid would only push them further down the depth chart.  

That's what I thought, then remembered that we tried to buy Golovin.  So, fuck only knows what the club are thinking.

On 7/18/2018 at 2:17 AM, Unionjack said:

Anyone read anything about what formation etc Lamps is using in practice

Not sure in practice, but in their preseason games they have used 4-3-3 exclusively. He is using Mount as the most advanced of the three midfielder. 

Seen a little bit of videos of their games, know little but it is clearly a proactive and possession style. 

59 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Not sure in practice, but in their preseason games they have used 4-3-3 exclusively. He is using Mount as the most advanced of the three midfielder. 

Seen a little bit of videos of their games, know little but it is clearly a proactive and possession style. 

From what @BlueLyon  said it sounds like hes happy. We just need to keep reminding him he is OUR future and not DC's

Scored against Wolves.

Ajax were rumoured to be looking at him at the start of the summer.  I wanted us to buy an attacking midfielder this year, but in the long term, it might be for the best that we didn't get Golovin.  We could potentially have Barkley, RLC, and Mount next season and for the next 8-10 years.

Hope we get to see further development this year.  I'm really excited for his prospects.

2 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

He's more talented than Lampard. Whether he actually becomes a great player is up to him but he seems to have a good head on his shoulders.

waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too early to go there !!!!!!!

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too early to go there !!!!!!!

Not necessarily untrue.

At his age Lampard wasn’t as talented for sure. Lampard obviously had some talent but look at all the backlash he got at West Ham when he was a younger guy, many believed he was very much picked because of who his dad was and that his uncle was the manager. West Ham fans picked him out regarding his weight as well. He worked himself into the guy who made it all the way to the top, I doubt many people around at West Ham would have imagined seeing him go as far as he did and theres no doubt he got there through sheer determination to prove people wrong and shit loads of hard work.

Natural talent doesn’t necessarily triumph over hard work. That’s why Mount has to work hard to continually get better as well as take on the whole mental side of wanting to be a top player which a lot of talented youngsters struggle with. Same with Hudson-Odoi.

Josh McEachran technically had the potential to be an excellent footballer, we all had big hopes but he struggled with the mental and physical side of his development coupled together with a lack of continuity here and at Swansea where he very much wasted 6 months. Technically there probably weren’t too many in the academy who had better vision or technique at that time than what he had. So there’s always lessons to be learned with the clubs history with youngsters.