Mason Mount

the wes

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

I dont buy his injury. TT said he got injured during Cup game but he finished that game and even took penalty. Before City he said if game is on Sunday instead of Saturday he would play but he is still out.

I think he was given some time off to recover from whatever is going on with him... Even his big fans are surprised with how bad he is this season. His last good game was in May.

I agree. Think Tuchel is giving him a break. 

Last 2 games have shown how badly he is missed. His work rate, his runs with and without the ball and his ability to draw fouls is underestimated. Last 2 games we have looked lost for ideas offensively. His importance in the team is realised more when he is not playing.

9 hours ago, Stats said:

Last 2 games have shown how badly [Mason] is missed.

As I've put it, his absence has shown the position we're in. He is the player we can't live without and, when he plays, we can't help but feel that we need more from him. Can't live without him, can't quite live with him.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Jase said:

In the 30-man list for the Ballon d'Or.

cc @NikkiCFC 

He is not even the weirdest name there. Moreno lol 

Surprised with no Rudiger. 

Speaking of Mount since 7th April (so 6+ months) he scored just one goal in last 29 games for England and Chelsea. That sitter Puli set him against Madrid. 

By saying this I totally expect him to score tonight against Andorra. 

46 minutes ago, Beigl said:

I suppose some people will be very angry if he gets a top 20 place. 

Any people actually care about 4-30th rankings? I don't even get why they nominate 30 players.. Nobody could think in their right mind that Bonucci, Chiellini, Barella, Kjaer, Azpilicueta, Mahrez or Gerrard Moreno would win.. Or could many other names.

• 2 weeks later...

Lets hoping he kicks on now and gets more goals and assists.

Only thing missing from his game is regularly scoring or assisting, other than that he is a very good player, when the G+A come regularly people maybe see his true value then. 

Undoubtedly had a bad patch but you see how infectious his energy is to the team and how highly he is clearly thought of. 

10 minutes ago, Mana said:

*Hopefully*

But I seriously doubt he will kick on from this. It's like saying hopefully CHO would kick on from this too. It's bloody Norwich. If Lukaku was playing, he would have had a field day today. All players except maybe Havertz were having a blast.

Mount is MOTM today, but remember no other team in the PL or CL plays and are as weak as Norwich.

You've still got to beat them.

As poor as they are, they don't concede 7 every week. 

3 minutes ago, Mana said:

Beating them is the bare minimum. They haven't scored in 3 before today and yet to win. Drawing with Norwich today would rule us out of winning the title.

When you spend 200m in the past number of seasons, you should be beating Norwich comfortably like this. City got 5 past them.

Ofcourse but 7 isn't the norm no matter who we face.

To put into context, it's more than Liverpool managed vs them in two games this season.

18 minutes ago, Tomo said:

As for Mount, remember when he was only playing cause he was sucking Lampard and Southgate off and would be dropped the minute a world class manager comes in?

Good times!

I get the feeling that a handful will never be happy with him, regardless of what he does.

It is baffling when certain individuals sat championing Barkley’s first 3 or 4 games of his loan spell at Villa for instance 🤣 

Or sat going on about Grealish’s form playing in a free role for Villa (was a lazy comparison anyway considering he spent that long on the wing), when lets be honest now he’s at City, has he really done anything thats particularly good? Has he improved them? 

4 minutes ago, Mana said:

7 isn't the norm I agree (unless you're City) and well done to Mount and co. for achieving this feat. I'm not knocking down on their performance today. What I'm knocking down, is people now saying "CHO IS BACK! MOUNT IS BACK! XXX IS BACK! WE ARE NOW SUPER HOT!"

...like no, this isn't the game to say that they are back. It's like pro-FIFA player plays the game and choosing Chelsea over Norwich on very easy difficulty. You'll have to be messing about or us being down to 9 men for us to draw/lose.

Chelsea didn't break a sweat. It was like a training ground for us. Again, well done Mount - MOTM today and all the starting players (except Havertz - 7) gets a 9 or 10.

But any game against Norwich should be a write off on how good our players are performing. Like I said last month in a different thread, it BAFFLES me, one of the great mysteries how a terribad team who looks like they can't play football finished 1st in the Championship.

They were actually all right when they were last here. Okay their lack of quality told in the end but they had a style, were competive most weeks and claimed a few scalps along the way (beat City and Leicester at home, Everton away, drew to Arsenal, they also only lost to Liverpool at home by one and us by one both times and had a case for being the better side in two of them).

At a loss to work out what's happened to them this time, Buendia alone can't explain such a drop.

Credit where it's due, really happy for Mount but let's hope he does not go to sleep another 6 months now.

We should not get ahead ourselves. I don't resent Mount for a bit of stat-padding and his hunger to go for the 3rd was commendable but more will be asked of him in tighter matches.