Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

19. Mason Mount


the wes
 Share
Followers 7

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is 2020 and people still think Barkley will become good...

Scored a hattrick tonight and made an assist for Vitesse in their Europa League playoff match against Ado Den Haag. What a season this lad is having. I think that is double figures for both goals and

Posted Images

It's baffling to me that people are on board with this deal. An absolutely horrible loan move for a player that has already proved he is above this level of football and, as per usual with Chelsea, will waste a year of his development grinding away in a clogger league that will teach him and Chelsea next to nothing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, herpthederp said:

It's baffling to me that people are on board with this deal. An absolutely horrible loan move for a player that has already proved he is above this level of football and, as per usual with Chelsea, will waste a year of his development grinding away in a clogger league that will teach him and Chelsea next to nothing.

Ruben Neves disapproves!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, herpthederp said:

It's baffling to me that people are on board with this deal. An absolutely horrible loan move for a player that has already proved he is above this level of football and, as per usual with Chelsea, will waste a year of his development grinding away in a clogger league that will teach him and Chelsea next to nothing.

Apparently he turned down a 2 year loan to Bremen.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My two cents are this: I think the club assured him of coming back next year and being in the team, Fabregas contract is up and Mount would be his replacement as an impact sub pushing for more time. He will be cheaper salary wise than Cesc and arguably more effective on the pitch. He wont stagnate at Derby, Lampard & Morris will make sure he is playing lots and also in the positions Chelsea want to see him at, while also playing in a league with extremely physical players in it. I could be extremely wrong, but it makes sense in my head. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I did actually think/hope we would be keeping him on site but I totally understand another loan with someone we trust to help him who knows his position inside out. Bring him in next season and keep in touch with him regularly to remind him we want him in our future.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I did actually think/hope we would be keeping him on site but I totally understand another loan with someone we trust to help him who knows his position inside out. Bring him in next season and keep in touch with him regularly to remind him we want him in our future.

I was initially pissed when i heard this but after stalking the dcfcfansuk forum early signs are that Lampard is seriously building something up there.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I was initially pissed when i heard this but after stalking the dcfcfansuk forum early signs are that Lampard is seriously building something up there.

Agree

JT Is supposedly going too which would help Lamps allot

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, akgw13 said:

My two cents are this: I think the club assured him of coming back next year and being in the team, Fabregas contract is up and Mount would be his replacement as an impact sub pushing for more time. He will be cheaper salary wise than Cesc and arguably more effective on the pitch. He wont stagnate at Derby, Lampard & Morris will make sure he is playing lots and also in the positions Chelsea want to see him at, while also playing in a league with extremely physical players in it. I could be extremely wrong, but it makes sense in my head. 

I see your point, however we rarely or if ever, have integrated a player into the first team squad after a loan in the Championship. We usually will want them to get top flight experience. Hopefully he really sets the Championship alight. Should be exciting to see him at Derby. Predicted that Lampard and Morris would take advantage with out talents and get some on loan. Hopefully it is the perfect foil for both of us. Would be great to see him do well there and come back next season, however still sceptical about that.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Fucking decision. He was the best teenager in the Netherlands. Better than kluivert who went to Roma.  Championship league is a trash. There is nothing to learn from there. The club sacrificed our best young player to make Lampard feel better. Waste a year, No develop, loan to another team, grow older, and sell. A stupid cycle.

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, scargo said:

Fucking decision. He was the best teenager in the Netherlands. Better than kluivert who went to Roma.  Championship league is a trash. There is nothing to learn from there. The club sacrificed our best young player to make Lampard feel better. Waste a year, No develop, loan to another team, grow older, and sell. A stupid cycle.

We will see how this loan turns out. Lampard is a young and motivated coach with a lot of experience, I think Mount can benefit from him. I expect key role for him and good training sessions. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Morris knows him inside out and has the kids best interest at heart. He wont want to see him fuck up.

Its a strange time to make this decision tho as you would think that Sarri might have appreciated giving him a once over which is why I'm thinking this was sorted before Sarri came and gave Lamps/Morris preferential treatment.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Disappointed that Mason didn't get to go on the road trip before making a temporary move. Would have liked the new coach to get the chance to assess him before we committed to a season long loan.

Never realistic really, the Championship starts soon, Frank will of wanted him immediately knowing the impact he made at Vitesse. Plus, with our current stock of strikers he would of always been at the rear of the queue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Special Juan said:

Never realistic really, the Championship starts soon, Frank will of wanted him immediately knowing the impact he made at Vitesse. Plus, with our current stock of strikers he would of always been at the rear of the queue.

He'd have been competing for a place in the midfield three I think.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...