Mason Mount

the wes

48 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Did he even play RW yesterday? To me it seemed that RJ was playing RW and it was a back 4 and Mount in midfield.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

technically he did, as Reece was an overlapping wingback

but Mount drifts centrally no matter where he starts out

Lamps' 3 4 3 and 3 5 2 are pretty fluid

far more so than Conte's rigidity

I still want to see my cray 3 1 3 3 tried out in a friendly, lolol (with Kante or Rice as the roaming sweeper 1 in front of the 3 CB's)

GK Predrag or whoever we end up with

RCB Klostermann (where he plays for Leipzig)

MCB Rice

LCB Nikola Milenkovic (where he plays for Fiorentina)

Deep Sweeper Kante (Or Rice at sweeper and play Rudiger at MCB or even Tomori if he finally progresses OR in my dreams, Camavinga there as a ball of lightning in the sweeper area, Rice at MCB still)

LMF Kovacic (can rotate sides with Mount)

RMF Mount (can rotate sides with Kova)

AMF/10 Havertz (and can push higher up on the right with Werner making slashing runs on the left, which frees up Puli and Ziyech even more to create)

LW Pulisic

RW Ziyech

CF Werner

I think that could destroy many teams

but it is radical, I do admit

Lamp's super powered brain could figure it out

I have thought it out for years, but never have seen it played live (and I have seen far more radical shit actually played)

I still want to see my cray 3 1 3 3 tried out in a friendly, lolol (with Kante or Rice as the roaming sweeper 1 in front of the 3 CB's)

MCB Rice
Deep Sweeper Kante (Or Rice at sweeper and play Rudiger at MCB or even Tomori if he finally progresses OR in my dreams, Camavinga there as a ball of lightning in the sweeper area, Rice at MCB still)
AMF/10 Havertz (and can push higher up on the right with Werner making slashing runs on the left, which frees up Puli and Ziyech even more to create)
LW Pulisic
RW Ziyech
CF Werner

I have thought it out for years, but never have seen it played live (and I have seen far more radical shit actually played)

I watched Milenkovic in their last match and defending wise, he looked clueless. So l am now not convinced if he is ready for it. Maybe I watch him again next match. He scored though from a corner kick.

1 minute ago, killer1257 said:

I watched Milenkovic in their last match and defending wise, he looked clueless. So l am now not convinced if he is ready for it. Maybe I watch him again next match. He scored though from a corner kick.

plenty of other options to slot in that LCB spot if he is not up to it

the 5 games or so I watched him this year he was really good in four, and one was meh

On 27.7.2020 at 11:34 AM, Vesper said:

MCB Rice

LW Pulisic

RW Ziyech

CF Werner

Love it.Tought about it myself as it accomodates our personnel best and resolves that fullback issue. I think it is not even that improbable we try it out. Barca have used it before in 2012 and 2014.

however, i see two main problems:

Mount and Kovacic would be the tasked with covering the wings in defense. They sure have the engine for that but both are central players and would need a lot of training till they manage that. We would need to operate in the half spaces and channels more which is different to the two approaches Lamps used this season: int he first half we pressed like crazy forced turnovers and then played balls into Mount and Tammy to finish with quick, intricate passing. In the second half we mainly worked free players on the flanks to cross to Giroud, which allowed us to commit fewer players forward, stay more compact and concede fewer chances (still conceded lots of goal bc of Kepa).

Secondly, as all its players are basically central players  the system is super vulnerable to opponents playing a lot of diagonals. Everytime they circulate the ball from left to right, the whole teams has to move horicontally over the pitch which makes it more difficult to engage opponents in pack and will lead to more 1 on 1s which we struggle with. So it will be imperative to stay as much on the ball as possible. and obviously the whole team has to help in defense. Even Werner, Haertz and Ziyech.

If we somehow manage to work it out it could be brutal. we coujld overload opponents easily, press the shit out of them and have tons of creatros and scorers on the pitch at the same time. basically can attack with 6 players who are actually good at it every time instead of needing to use fullbacks with limited crossing aiblity for the overlap.

Also for squad managemend it would be brilliant for our shitload of midfielders. bc so many of them can play varouis positions we could easily rotate, chuck one player in and out without it affecting our style.

On 7/27/2020 at 5:34 PM, Vesper said:

MCB Rice

LW Pulisic

RW Ziyech

CF Werner

3133 is interesting, 

Two question? Who will defend your flank and who will provide width? 

1 hour ago, communicate said:

3133 is interesting, 

Two question? Who will defend your flank and who will provide width? 

the sweeper is free to follow the flow of play and lend support to either side (RCB or LCB) plus obviously the central CB is going to also slant to that side (to a degree)

also you have the LMF and RMF to also lend lateral support

the width comes naturally from both the LMF/RMF, plus the RW and the LWer

Havertz as the roaming 10 can both provide further width by coming into centre right position (like an old-time inside forward) which allows Werner to also drift a bit more wide if nned be

on defence there would be a lot of rotational movement depending on play flow and ball position, with players rotating over to create more defensive strength and cover gaps

same for the offensive end

triangles and overloads are what thsi 3 1 3 3 is designed to do

and the sweeper is key to provided defensive stoutness

remember you have 3 CB's as well, so right there is width in the final quarter or so of the pitch (the quarter you are defending)

Camavinga (an extraordinary athlete with globally elite mobility and speed) as sweeper and Rice as a the central CB (again far more comfortable on the ball than all but a few CB's, would be massive in moving the ball forward too, as both are technical and very mobile and good on the ball

other players this would work for (talking about the either the MCB or the Sweeper role) would be players like, Marquinhos (both), Kimmich (sweeper, as he si too short for a CB), Alaba (both),  Aymeric Laporte (MCB), Diego Carlos (MCB), Lucas Hernández (both, or even LCB, see at the end), Theo Hernández (both, or even LCB, see at the end), Denis Zakaria (sweeper), Thomas Partey (sweeper), Rodri (both), Boubakary Soumaré (sweeper), Sandro Tonali,(sweeper) Florentino (sweeper) and finally Alphonso Davies (sweeper and he also would a fucking terror at LMF, so if you reallllly wanted to go insane (and this is strictly FM, as he will not be sold), swap out Kovacic for Davies at LMF, keep Rice at MCB Mount at RMF, and put Camavinga at sweeper, that press would be arguably the most athletic in history, the speed is just overwhelming, especially IF Tomori ever came good and you toss him for Rice at MCB and maybe we had a different, smaller (than Milenkovic) but faster LCB, like Evan N'Dicka (who is still big at 1.92m but far more pacy) or Lucas or Theo Hernandez (at LCB) Klostermann at RCB is pacy, very pacy.(convetrted  bomber RB)

I hope that all helps to clarify

I have put a lot of thought into this over the past 3 or so years

it absolutely needs the right players, but I think it has nuclear bomb potential if it is rolled out with the right players, and if the manger can teach it (and believes in it)

it can work like a vastly more athletic 2004 Greece team (in spirit from a 'Wall' mentality and semi resemblance at SOME (not all) defensive inflection points) BUT with exponentially better fluidity, offensive firepower and especially players

8 hours ago, Vesper said:

the sweeper is free to follow the flow of play and lend support to either side (RCB or LCB) plus obviously the central CB is going to also slant to that side (to a degree)

also you have the LMF and RMF to also lend lateral support

the width comes naturally from both the LMF/RMF, plus the RW and the LWer

Havertz as the roaming 10 can both provide further width by coming into centre right position (like an old-time inside forward) which allows Werner to also drift a bit more wide if nned be

on defence there would be a lot of rotational movement depending on play flow and ball position, with players rotating over to create more defensive strength and cover gaps

same for the offensive end

triangles and overloads are what thsi 3 1 3 3 is designed to do

and the sweeper is key to provided defensive stoutness

remember you have 3 CB's as well, so right there is width in the final quarter or so of the pitch (the quarter you are defending)

Camavinga (an extraordinary athlete with globally elite mobility and speed) as sweeper and Rice as a the central CB (again far more comfortable on the ball than all but a few CB's, would be massive in moving the ball forward too, as both are technical and very mobile and good on the ball

other players this would work for (talking about the either the MCB or the Sweeper role) would be players like, Marquinhos (both), Kimmich (sweeper, as he si too short for a CB), Alaba (both),  Aymeric Laporte (MCB), Diego Carlos (MCB), Lucas Hernández (both, or even LCB, see at the end), Theo Hernández (both, or even LCB, see at the end), Denis Zakaria (sweeper), Thomas Partey (sweeper), Rodri (both), Boubakary Soumaré (sweeper), Sandro Tonali,(sweeper) Florentino (sweeper) and finally Alphonso Davies (sweeper and he also would a fucking terror at LMF, so if you reallllly wanted to go insane (and this is strictly FM, as he will not be sold), swap out Kovacic for Davies at LMF, keep Rice at MCB Mount at RMF, and put Camavinga at sweeper, that press would be arguably the most athletic in history, the speed is just overwhelming, especially IF Tomori ever came good and you toss him for Rice at MCB and maybe we had a different, smaller (than Milenkovic) but faster LCB, like Evan N'Dicka (who is still big at 1.92m but far more pacy) or Lucas or Theo Hernandez (at LCB) Klostermann at RCB is pacy, very pacy.(convetrted  bomber RB)

I hope that all helps to clarify

I have put a lot of thought into this over the past 3 or so years

it absolutely needs the right players, but I think it has nuclear bomb potential if it is rolled out with the right players, and if the manger can teach it (and believes in it)

it can work like a vastly more athletic 2004 Greece team (in spirit from a 'Wall' mentality and semi resemblance at SOME (not all) defensive inflection points) BUT with exponentially better fluidity, offensive firepower and especially players

If you ask one of your side cb to protect the wing, first he need to be comfortable defending the flank more (fb experience needed), then you need your opposite cm to drop into the box as 3rd cb, so he also need to be comfortable defending the box. 

IMO, it is very2 difficult to implement due to having too many rotation especially defensively. 

51 minutes ago, communicate said:

If you ask one of your side cb to protect the wing, first he need to be comfortable defending the flank more (fb experience needed), then you need your opposite cm to drop into the box as 3rd cb, so he also need to be comfortable defending the box. 

IMO, it is very2 difficult to implement due to having too many rotation especially defensively. 

watch Pep's best teams, and you will see hyper complicated rotational play and literally in-flow complete (and so fluid) offence-to-defence and def-to-off formational switching/morphing

also look at the players I put in my 3 1 3 3 

exactly what you are describing in terms of positional experience and attributes

I love multi positional capable players

that should have been evident from my multi-year postings

if I could snap my fingers and make myself a manager (with the vision of a previous manager enabling me) I would be a female version of Rinus Michels

this formation is very close to what I envision

20addfab727ff2988f54932f13b36a0c.png

b5839731577cf3e02f1ef05f045e5258.png 

(plus the rest of 1995)

0148259483118f4dc9887fe97f394e72.png

1de5d3f35da13b63cd4b7dcfee790f70.png

496a43a728b335d064a7df31aba6d805.png

Bloodlines of Rinus

ImageJohan Cruyff on Twitter: "Congratulations to Pep Guardiola on ...Pep Guardiola: Nothing Compares to Johan Cruyff's Football Legacy

3 hours ago, Jason said:

He really is Lampard's son. :ph34r:

But even all this can be justified with many things. Derby just a Championship side, RLC injured all year, Barkley being Barkley, transitional year...

It will be interesting next season when we have Havertz, Ziyech, fully fit Ruben... I am sure he will still get plenty of game time, after all Frank would rather play him as a winger than Callum and Pedro.

But even all this can be justified with many things. Derby just a Championship side, RLC injured all year, Barkley being Barkley, transitional year...
It will be interesting next season when we have Havertz, Ziyech, fully fit Ruben... I am sure he will still get plenty of game time, after all Frank would rather play him as a winger than Callum and Pedro.
I see Kovacic sitting on the bench next season and Mount playing almost every match [emoji23]

18 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

I see Kovacic sitting on the bench next season and Mount playing almost every match emoji23.png

Why not? Kova is great at ball carrying but output is so poor.

If kante remains fit, then why not have 2 no.8s to push teams further and further back. And that too, 2 goal scoring no.8s. seems like a good situation.

Specially since one of that no. 8 is kai and another is one of our top 3 player of the season.

3 hours ago, Jason said:

He really is Lampard's son. :ph34r:

Well, he does take after his father a lot. Hope he reaches that status. 21 years old and one of the best players in the club. Take a bow son!!!!

3 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

If kante remains fit, then why not have 2 no.8s to push teams further and further back. And that too, 2 goal scoring no.8s. seems like a good situation.

Specially since one of that no. 8 is kai and another is one of our top 3 player of the season.

Kante needs to be sold ASAP (or swapped)

9 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

And that too, 2 goal scoring no.8s. seems like a good situation.

Mount had 2 goals in 37 games between Southampton in early October and United FA cup semi final (thanks DDG) 10 days ago. 

He had strong start of the season and strong finish but lets not pretend he is consistent goal scoring threat. Also before Wolves one assist from open play all season. 

He is very frustrating player in the final 3rd. More than Willian actually. Speaking of consistency even after the restart he was replaced 2 times on halftime (Sheffield and Leicester) and early in the second half against Liverpool. Three horrific games for him.

Just a cameo against WH, did not play against Norwich. City was also bad offensive game for him. Missed a sitter and did not play easy pass to Puli for goal scoring chance. This is 6 from 11 games after the restart.

In other 5 he has been solid or great like the last game.