Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

19. Mason Mount

the wes
Followers 7

6 minutes ago, Supermonkey92 said:

Lol. Oh please.

The watford game didn't reflect on us defensively because you can judge whether their players were competent and they weren't. Or are you saying you can't tell the difference between us controlling the opposition and the opposition being poor? emoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.png

Watford didn't move past the halfway line so the point about two 8's is moot. Against city we had 5 midfielders behind the ball so, again, the point is moot

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Lol. I cant judge if Watford were poor or we were good, but damn, look at the confidence and the super power that you have which can so easily make the correct assumption. 

But I like this - 

" We should play 2 no. 8s, will help us pin the teams back, exhibit A"

"Exhibit A is invalid as the opposition Did not want to cross the half way line"

Yeah sure, it was the first time Watford were playing a big team. Not like they beat Liverpool playing on the counter, right? 😂😂 Lol indeed.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is 2020 and people still think Barkley will become good...

Scored a hattrick tonight and made an assist for Vitesse in their Europa League playoff match against Ado Den Haag. What a season this lad is having. I think that is double figures for both goals and

Posted Images

Lol. I cant judge if Watford were poor or we were good, but damn, look at the confidence and the super power that you have which can so easily make the correct assumption. 
But I like this - 
" We should play 2 no. 8s, will help us pin the teams back, exhibit A"
"Exhibit A is invalid as the opposition Did not want to cross the half way line"
Yeah sure, it was the first time Watford were playing a big team. Not like they beat Liverpool playing on the counter, right? [emoji23][emoji23] Lol indeed.
Do you understand that a team can be shit one game and great in another [emoji1787][emoji1787]

"Playing 2 8's pressed watford back"

" No they gave us so much time on the ball they weren't even trying to attack. They would have sat deep if we played only 2 midfielders"

*pikachu surprised face* "what kind of super power is this?!"

Lol

1 hour ago, Supermonkey92 said:

Do you understand that a team can be shit one game and great in another emoji1787.pngemoji1787.png

" No they gave us so much time on the ball they weren't even trying to attack. They would have sat deep if we played only 2 midfielders"

Lol

Sure mate. Whatever floats your boat. They can be good against arsenal, beat pool, but against us it HAS to be that "they were poor" 😂😂😂

3 hours ago, Supermonkey92 said:

Do you understand that a team can be shit one game and great in another emoji1787.pngemoji1787.png

Lol

Surprised Pikachu - Meming Wiki

• Like 1

MASON MOUNT EXCLUSIVE CUP FINAL INTERVIEW: WEMBLEY TRIPS AS A BOY, THRIVING UNDER FRANK AND FIGHTING FOR A SPECIAL TROPHY

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2020/08/01/mason-mount-exclusive-cup-final-interview--wembley-trips-as-a-bo?cardIndex=0-0

Mason Mount interview: Wembley trips as a boy, dealing with ...

As we continue our build-up to this evening’s Heads Up FA Cup final, Mason Mount talks about watching his hometown team triumph at Wembley, the secrets behind his brilliant breakthrough season in blue and what we need to do to beat Arsenal…

The FA Cup’s magical mystique has been conjured from 148 years of history, tales of famous giant-killings and upsets mixed in with the drama of knockout football and the passing down of cherished memories from generation to generation.

It is, according to Mason Mount, ‘a special competition’ and he should know, having first attended a final at the age of nine as his hometown club Portsmouth defied all the odds back in 2008, beating Cardiff City.

Wide-eyed and dwarfed by the majority packed inside Wembley, Mount remembers the day like any football-mad boy would. As he prepares to line up for Chelsea in the 2020 final 12 years on, the pen of FA Cup folklore is poised to write another chapter.

‘I went to both the semi-final and the final in 2008 with my dad and it was just brilliant to see Portsmouth actually lift the trophy,’ he recalls in an exclusive interview with the official Chelsea website as we look ahead to today’s final against Arsenal.

snip

• Like 1
3 hours ago, killer1257 said:

He has to increase his creativity. He made almost zero impact yesterday

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

I have nothing against him but I wish we have attacking midfielders who raise their heads up to look for runners instead of only making aimless runs everywhere. Look at Lampard as a player, I lost count the number of times he gave assists simply because he raised his head to look for options. 

Mount needs to do that more and stop this Barkley route of only looking at the ball when in possession, raise your head when on the ball, you're an attacking Mid for crying out loud.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, kellzfresh said:

I have nothing against him but I wish we have attacking midfielders who raise their heads up to look for runners instead of only making aimless runs everywhere. Look at Lampard as a player, I lost count the number of times he gave assists simply because he raised his head to look for options. 

Mount needs to do that more and stop this Barkley route of only looking at the ball when in possession, raise your head when on the ball, you're an attacking Mid for crying out loud.

About that...

I know other players are guilty of the same thing above but Mount becomes absolutely braindead in the final third. 

• Like 3

This is the stuff I just find so frustrating about Mount.

Giroud has made the perfect run, play him in.

Attempting a weak shot that was never going to beat the goalkeeper stinks of selfishness and stupidity.

• Like 2

I am going to stick my neck out on the line here. In two/three years time. I reckon a lot of people on here criticising Mount our going to have to eat a lot of humble pie. 

I find the discussions surrounding Mount atm are very reminiscent of those I had with people about SFL until he was 24. Not saying he is going to hit SFL heights as SFL put the after burners on at around 24/25, however I do think he will be a very good player long term for us. 

I am going to stick my neck out on the line here. In two/three years time. I reckon a lot of people on here criticising Mount our going to have to eat a lot of humble pie. 
I find the discussions surrounding Mount atm are very reminiscent of those I had with people about SFL until he was 24. Not saying he is going to hit SFL heights as SFL put the after burners on at around 24/25, however I do think he will be a very good player long term for us. 
Even Oscar showed more than Mount and Oscar was clearly not good enough for Chelsea. Just pressing is not good enough. He is maybe the most uncreative no. 10 in the PL with 2 real assists, even though he played the most games under Frank

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Even Oscar showed more than Mount and Oscar was clearly not good enough for Chelsea. Just pressing is not good enough. He is maybe the most uncreative no. 10 in the PL with 2 real assists, even though he played the most games under Frank

Hazard got 4 assists in 34 league games in 17/18, is he uncreative?

And no I'm not saying Mount is that good but if you want to start debates about creativity bring key passes/dribbles to the table, because that's a stat that doesn't rely on your teammate doing their job to go on record.

• Like 2
Hazard got 4 assists in 34 league games in 17/18, is he uncreative?
And no I'm not saying Mount is that good but if you want to start debates about creativity bring key passes/dribbles to the table, because that's a stat that doesn't rely on your teammate doing their job to go on record.
Yes, but Mount has shown that he almost never plays creative passes. Guys like Xavi and Iniesta have not the KDB level of assist stats, but you saw that Xavi and Iniesta play every game world class passes. You never see that with Mount or Jorgi.
Billy has more creativity than Mount, so has Lewis Bate. Will they ever be given the same treatment than Mount. Pretty sure not. Mount plays every game regardless of his form. Tammy has one had game, he gets slaughtered and Lampard benches him. Mount has had many bad games and Lampard never benches him. CHO plays good and Mount still is ahead of him. This is so unfair.

7 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Yes, but Mount has shown that he almost never plays creative passes. Guys like Xavi and Iniesta have not the KDB level of assist stats, but you saw that Xavi and Iniesta play every game world class passes. You never see that with Mount or Jorgi.
Billy has more creativity than Mount, so has Lewis Bate. Will they ever be given the same treatment than Mount. Pretty sure not. Mount plays every game regardless of his form. Tammy has one had game, he gets slaughtered and Lampard benches him. Mount has had many bad games and Lampard never benches him. CHO plays good and Mount still is ahead of him. This is so unfair.

Tammy was first choice pretty much the entire time till just before lockdown, and he only got dropped because he was injured and Oli hit arguably the best form of his career rendering him undroppable.

Hudson Odoi was starting after his return from injury and got dropped due to Pulisic reacting by having that purple patch. Then he was starting all the time in January/February until he got injured again. If you want to look for a scapegoat to CHO getting dropped, you should turn your attentions more to Willian.

Also Mount hasn't exactly been given the Torres 12/13 treatment as you're suggesting. He was sub for the last two CL group games, away to City, home to Arsenal, home to United, 2 out of our 4 games against Liverpool and hauled off at halftime twice since the restart.