Mason Mount

the wes

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I wonder if Lampard is restricting him by turning him into a tactical player. Mount just becomes totally braindead in the final third.

"Tactical" is the term used to describe limited players. 

Every time I see a player described as things like "tactical", "industrial", "intelligent" I know we are talking about a limited player. 

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

As mentioned in previous page. End product. Needs to be consistent regardless of if you are 21 or 30 in these games. For a number 10, all the running and pressing and tackling in the world will not get your team anywhere v the likes of Bayern etc.

He is number 19 mate.

5 hours ago, LAM09 said:

We can hope. I actually had the most faith in him becoming the heir to Lampard (to a lesser extent ofc).

It wouldn't be surprising. Seems like any sort of press is constantly lead by him for starters, which is having an adverse effect.

If pressing is affecting the rest of his game then fuck knows how hes made it being a professional footballer because a lot of players can do it and still manage to deliver with the ball. I mean did pressing affect all of Peps Barca team with all those players or his Man City team now or Conte's Juventus teams etc consisting of Marchisio, Pogba, Vidal, Pirlo etc? It didnt.

He is maybe one of the triggers for our press but if thats affecting his ability on with the ball then he needs to get fitter and much much better. 

If pressing is affecting the rest of his game then fuck knows how hes made it being a professional footballer because a lot of players can do it and still manage to deliver with the ball. I mean did pressing affect all of Peps Barca team with all those players or his Man City team now or Conte's Juventus teams etc consisting of Marchisio, Pogba, Vidal, Pirlo etc? It didnt.
He is maybe one of the triggers for our press but if thats affecting his ability on with the ball then he needs to get fitter and much much better. 

This is his first season in the top flight, so I'd cut him some slack about it taking it's toil three quarters into the season.

Mention a player in these teams that were making their league debuts?

It is not that he is a goal machine to begin with just because he scores a couple in the Dutch League. He is a bit predictable on the ball and led not really spot runs or spaces to pass into. I doubt he will become world class but with his hard working mentality he surely will be a useful squad player in the future. At least he is not as shit as Barkley

11 hours ago, Henrique said:

He needs a new hair style. He totally looks like an average kid you would find in an Apple store trying to get his iPhone fixed. Defenders will never take him seriously. I would suggest him to completely shaves his head. Boom. Suddenly he will look a little football magician, and defenders will always think "behold, this fella is up to something".

You do make me laugh :lol::lol:

Forget about starting spot. Honestly I cant see place for him next season in the squad. 

Jorginho, Kovacic, Kante, RLC, Gilmour, Barkley, Gallagher. We will sign I think Aouar. And Pulisic and Ziyach can play AM. 

That is 10 players in front of him and we have only 6 places in midfield. Ok Ziyach and Puli are more wingers but still would be better as AM.

23 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Forget about starting spot. Honestly I cant see place for him next season in the squad. 

Jorginho, Kovacic, Kante, RLC, Gilmour, Barkley, Gallagher. We will sign I think Aouar. And Pulisic and Ziyach can play AM. 

That is 10 players in front of him and we have only 6 places in midfield. Ok Ziyach and Puli are more wingers but still would be better as AM.

There's next to zero chance he will be gone before Barkley.

Any updates about his injury? 

Both Achilles. Hopefully not too bad for Willian, but Kovacic might be a bit worse. We have been unlucky with injuries, but we have to work with it

I hope that this is not true 

19 minutes ago, Tomo said:

There's next to zero chance he will be gone before Barkley.

That is true. Mount will be here next season no doubt. But he wont play much and eventually he will ask to leave or will be loaned out.

Forget about Barkley. And Puli and Ziyach as AM. Even Gallagher wont be here next season. Just Aouar and RLC will be too much for him.

One goal in last 29 games and one assist from open play whole season is not good. Not even close!

7 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

That is true. Mount will be here next season no doubt. But he wont play much and eventually he will ask to leave or will be loaned out.

Forget about Barkley. And Puli and Ziyach as AM. Even Gallagher wont be here next season. Just Aouar and RLC will be too much for him.

One goal in last 29 games and one assist from open play whole season is not good. Not even close!

Thought he played well tonight when he came on, and I think he's played very well in general since the winter break to be honest. I agree that those numbers in goals and assists need to improve but I think they will do in time.

10 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

xk.gif

On 03/03/2020 at 11:11 PM, NikkiCFC said:

Gallagher wont be here next season. He will be loaned out for another season of playing every week and that is definitely the best thing for his development. He has jumped the rung a bit going to Swansea from Charlton but theres no need to rush him. He has only 1 season of pro football under his belt.

Barkley if he stays beyond this season I would be surprised as well as his Chelsea career has been nothing but poor bar the odd false dawn (although I did say I felt FL could have hsed him more along with Giroud and Pedro before the winter period) so if he is retained then when he doesnt deliver that decision will sit firmly on Frank's shoulders because we can all see hes not consistent enough yet alone good enough. Hes definitely expendable this summer so to speak.

Mount and Gilmour probably wont play the same roles, also Mount is more a 10 than Jorginho, Kante or Kovacic so hes hardly in direct competition with them as Frank seems to prefer 4231.

Throwing in Pulisic who is going to be a winger here for the foreseeable future is just pointless and just seems as so you have done so to make it look as if there are endless players who in the squad have played that position. Pulisic hasnt played as a 10 at club level for us or Dortmund as far as I can remember. Maybe for the USA he has. I doubt FL sees him in that role. Or we would have seen it already.

So he has Ruben (again havent seen him in a FL team yet so who knows?) and Ross (for as long as he stays here times running out for him) as his main competition in the current squad. Potentially Ziyech on top next season and as mentioned what if FL cuts his losses with Ross? So even if he doesnt, he will definitely be a squad member, would take something incredibly drastic for him not to be. Its clear Frank rates him highly. 

Where do you get the impression we will sign Aouar from? Or just a personal choice? He is somebody who has played a lot off the left side as well as centrally for Lyon since breaking into their team in previous seasons but yes a top top player in the making undoubtedly. Plus as questionable as Mount and Barkley are, if we go after Aouar and sign him do you honestly think Conor Gallagher will fit in the squad? Really? Just baffles me you think we will sign another attacking midfielder, retain Ruben, Ross and then keep someone who is at an age where they need to playing to make up the numbers more or less. I mean Billy Gilmour is also likely to be still around next season too before Conor is in my opinion. 

Next season I doubt there will be many MF changes, we will likely have Kante, Jorginho, Kovacic and probably Billy if FL trusts him more and he can continue to do well. Maybe Ruben it depends how FL sees him but think he will be further up the pitch as a 10 or furthest forward in a 3 man MF. In the 10 position we will have Ruben, Mason and Ross (think he should be sold though). Maybe Ziyech will operate there maybe not. But its all hypotheticals to the summer comes but Mason Mount possibly not having a place in the squad next season is by far one of the most outrageous things I think I have heard on here in a while.

3 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Gallagher wont be here next season. He will be loaned out for another season of playing every week and that is definitely the best thing for his development. He has jumped the rung a bit going to Swansea from Charlton but theres no need to rush him. He has only 1 season of pro football under his belt.

Barkley if he stays beyond this season I would be surprised as well as his Chelsea career has been nothing but poor bar the odd false dawn (although I did say I felt FL could have hsed him more along with Giroud and Pedro before the winter period) so if he is retained then when he doesnt deliver that decision will sit firmly on Frank's shoulders because we can all see hes not consistent enough yet alone good enough. Hes definitely expendable this summer so to speak.

Mount and Gilmour probably wont play the same roles, also Mount is more a 10 than Jorginho, Kante or Kovacic so hes hardly in direct competition with them as Frank seems to prefer 4231.

Throwing in Pulisic who is going to be a winger here for the foreseeable future is just pointless and just seems as so you have done so to make it look as if there are endless players who in the squad have played that position. Pulisic hasnt played as a 10 at club level for us or Dortmund as far as I can remember. Maybe for the USA he has. I doubt FL sees him in that role. Or we would have seen it already.

So he has Ruben (again havent seen him in a FL team yet so who knows?) and Ross (for as long as he stays here times running out for him) as his main competition in the current squad. Potentially Ziyech on top next season and as mentioned what if FL cuts his losses with Ross? So even if he doesnt, he will definitely be a squad member, would take something incredibly drastic for him not to be. Its clear Frank rates him highly. 

Where do you get the impression we will sign Aouar from? Or just a personal choice? He is somebody who has played a lot off the left side as well as centrally for Lyon since breaking into their team in previous seasons but yes a top top player in the making undoubtedly. Plus as questionable as Mount and Barkley are, if we go after Aouar and sign him do you honestly think Conor Gallagher will fit in the squad? Really? Just baffles me you think we will sign another attacking midfielder, retain Ruben, Ross and then keep someone who is at an age where they need to playing to make up the numbers more or less. I mean Billy Gilmour is also likely to be still around next season too before Conor is in my opinion. 

Next season I doubt there will be many MF changes, we will likely have Kante, Jorginho, Kovacic and probably Billy if FL trusts him more and he can continue to do well. Maybe Ruben it depends how FL sees him but think he will be further up the pitch as a 10 or furthest forward in a 3 man MF. In the 10 position we will have Ruben, Mason and Ross (think he should be sold though). Maybe Ziyech will operate there maybe not. But its all hypotheticals to the summer comes but Mason Mount possibly not having a place in the squad next season is by far one of the most outrageous things I think I have heard on here in a while.

Totally agree, you read my mind, mate. This is a picture I posted  on the forum a month ago( before we signed Ziyech).

aaa.png.f02bfaafca8202db2da9d17c9414f86d.png

12 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Comment you quoted is more like how I see things than what will happen. 

On this page I said Mount will be here next season no doubt but you seem to ignore that. Just like I said Gallagher won't be here next season and that I'm not expecting Pulisic and Ziyech to play AM. 

Gallagher having better season than Mason in Championship and not getting a chance next season is hypocritical don't you think? 

It was reported many times that our scouts watched SMS and Aouar which is not a surprise since we lack creativity and desperately need goal threat from midfielders. 

Pulisic played some games as AM in Dortmund and has good stats there. For Chelsea he played once against Newcastle at home. 25 minutes cameo and he changed the game completely. So hopefully we see him there more. 

Ziyech this season for Ajax played more as AM than as a winger. 

And I know very well that Kovacic, Jorginho, Kante and Gilmour don't play same position as Mount. 

Also I never said we will have all players mentioned in the squad next season. I just said they are all better than Mount. OK Barkley and Mount is close call because Ross is lazy and not high intelligent but he's more talented. Goal he scored against Liverpool is something Mason could never do it. 

If RLC was fully fit this season you think Mount would play ahead? His 2800 minutes he played this season would be less than 1000 no doubt. 

But in the end of the day I'm expecting Lamps to be top professional which he is. 

So to sum up it is expected we will sign one attacking midfielder or Sancho which then suggests Ziyech will play as AM. Plus RLC. There you go, two players ahead of Mount for one position. At best he will stay here to be 4th winger and 3rd AM. And how much game time is that? Would you advise him to stay in this scenario? 

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

Comment you quoted is more like how I see things than what will happen. 

On this page I said Mount will be here next season no doubt but you seem to ignore that. Just like I said Gallagher won't be here next season and that I'm not expecting Pulisic and Ziyech to play AM. 

Gallagher having better season than Mason in Championship and not getting a chance next season is hypocritical don't you think? 

It was reported many times that our scouts watched SMS and Aouar which is not a surprise since we lack creativity and desperately need goal threat from midfielders. 

Pulisic played some games as AM in Dortmund and has good stats there. For Chelsea he played once against Newcastle at home. 25 minutes cameo and he changed the game completely. So hopefully we see him there more. 

Ziyech this season for Ajax played more as AM than as a winger. 

And I know very well that Kovacic, Jorginho, Kante and Gilmour don't play same position as Mount. 

Also I never said we will have all players mentioned in the squad next season. I just said they are all better than Mount. OK Barkley and Mount is close call because Ross is lazy and not high intelligent but he's more talented. Goal he scored against Liverpool is something Mason could never do it. 

If RLC was fully fit this season you think Mount would play ahead? His 2800 minutes he played this season would be less than 1000 no doubt. 

But in the end of the day I'm expecting Lamps to be top professional which he is. 

So to sum up it is expected we will sign one attacking midfielder or Sancho which then suggests Ziyech will play as AM. Plus RLC. There you go, two players ahead of Mount for one position. At best he will stay here to be 4th winger and 3rd AM. And how much game time is that? Would you advise him to stay in this scenario? 

Lampard put faith in Mount, Tomori, Tammy and James who he had watched regularly/worked with when he had a transfer ban last summer. It will be slightly different this time round. He will still look to use youth players here I am sure of it but the fact he can recruit players will change his approach this summer a bit. 

Conor may be on course to have a better season (again he is maybe statistically but stats arent always everything) than Mason did with Derby (could argue playing for Derby last season is different to playing for Charlton and Swansea this season as well) but I doubt Frank is going to stockpile our squad with every promising academy player. He talked a lot about experience or players who are more ready made in January, I think to take us to the next level we need to add that still. Hence why Ziyech signed. Many probably thought Mason would be a back up player this season but he hasnt been, which makes me think he wont be again next season, particularly with Franks faith in him during poor spells as well. If he and Conor were in the squad, Mason would still end up with more gametime.

Regarding Ross' goal, what good is it when he does that once every 3 or 4 months? Like Willian as well? 

2 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

He scored a goal at youth level where he went through about five players with outstanding close control.

His goal this season away to Norwich is the type of touch and control to get past the defender we became accustomed to from Hazard.

Yes he had a slump in the winter and yes he needs to become a bit more consistent but let's not pretend he never has nor is capable of scoring aestheically pleasing goals.