Mason Mount

the wes

On 24/01/2020 at 9:29 PM, milan.cech said:

I seriously cannot wait to see the reactions to RLC coming back from his injury. That will be comedy gold. He should have never played the way he played last season. He will be expected by some members to hit the ground running straight away, knowing the patience of some, and will be bashed soon. Poor lads.

I hope Ruben does not play the way he played last season because I think his output was overrated last term. Still all to prove.

12 minutes ago, Mana said:

This is a laughable post.

Which bit?

Mount was one of our best players in the first couple of months this season (actually our best statiscally) and it's very clear RLC will be turned on aswell if he doesn't come back firing from the off.

2 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I hope Ruben does not play the way he played last season because I think his output was overrated last term. Still all to prove.

And I really worry about how long his injury will take to fully heal(mentally and physically)

5 hours ago, Vesper said:

And I really worry about how long his injury will take to fully heal(mentally and physically)

Not to mention for how long he will actually be available for selection. He has his history of injuries sadly.

28 minutes ago, Mana said:

All of it. 

Yes, Mount was one of our best players in the first couple of months this season. Had an injury and since then he has been shite. He has been in this shite form longer than he has been in good form. Which isn't good. Is the PL too hard for him? Or maybe he needs to recover properly. Or maybe he is being overplayed. Which then points to the coaching (and medical) staff. If Mount is still feeling that injury, he shouldn't be playing. 

Regarding RLC, this isn't the first time he has gotten injuries and sadly it won't be the last. But we know what RLC is capable of, as he has a good history of it. No one here is going to rant at RLC until his performances are constantly poor after like 10 games. And I believe RLC has enough experience to not become that constantly poor (well unless, it's a coaching issue).

I don't buy that atall.

In the summer almost everyone swore they would be patient with the youngsters even if we were midtable, fast forward 6 months and the young players are actually one of the (if not main) reason we're in top four and the first bump in the round they're getting untold amounts of shit (especially on social media). They're vastly overachieving on expectations all in all and still getting it from all barrels because they haven't maintained the high level of a few months ago (which was never realistically going to happen as young men in their first season in a major league at a major club).

I don't for one second believe RLC will be immune to stick, we have too much of an impatient fanbase as this season has exposed all ends up.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jason said:

Think the problem with Mount right now is, if you want him to play a pressing/tactical role, he can do that effectively but if you want him to create chances and score goals, then he's gonna struggle. It's little wonder why people have branded him Oscar 2.0 and why he has looked better against the bigger sides and not the lesser ones. 

On 2/22/2020 at 9:58 PM, Jason said:

Think the problem with Mount right now is, if you want him to play a pressing/tactical role, he can do that effectively but if you want him to create chances and score goals, then he's gonna struggle. It's little wonder why people have branded him Oscar 2.0 and why he has looked better against the bigger sides and not the lesser ones. 

Use Mount like Fergie used Ji Sung Park. The 'loyal soldier' for pressing in bigger games.

16 hours ago, Jason said:

Mount is still young. I'd give him time to see if he can evolve his game before pigeonholing him as a player that's only useful against the big teams. 

Yeah he is young still but it depends though.

Normally with these more creative players who play off the front or as a more advanced midfielder, even when they are younger, you can see the ability or the potential and things like if they can see those runs and execute the final pass.

I am yet to be fully convinced he will be a top creative player due to this. I still think he is a bit safe. Think this is why people will also make the envitable Oscar comparisons. Oscar was comfortable at many things but he never ever would of made that jump to be a top top player because he never had that final pass as well as the consistency. 

That could change but again I dont see him in the mould of like Dele Alli either who is more of a rounded midfield player whos major contribution to a team is going to be goals.