Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

19. Mason Mount


the wes
 Share
Followers 7

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is 2020 and people still think Barkley will become good...

Scored a hattrick tonight and made an assist for Vitesse in their Europa League playoff match against Ado Den Haag. What a season this lad is having. I think that is double figures for both goals and

Posted Images

5dee869d374fc_Marginaal2019-12-09193828.jpg.3a50b14e451970045b7408b005c97759.jpg
Maybe I did not make it clear enough in my Post. If you read my Post, you would see that I said that he is out of form couple of sentences before. That is why I said that he has no goal threat and no creativity. In Form Mount is another player with great attributes including goal threat.

But still I still do not rate in Form Mounts creativity.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Maybe I did not make it clear enough in my Post. If you read my Post, you would see that I said that he is out of form couple of sentences before. That is why I said that he has no goal threat and no creativity. In Form Mount is another player with great attributes including goal threat.

But still I still do not rate in Form Mounts creativity.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk
 

I see, but that Villa goal was only two games ago, should count for his current form. He is a threat albeit not a consistent one, he had a long dry spell.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tomo said:

His performances have dipped ever since Barkley's been took out of the fold. 

Hopefully Conor Gallagher returns in January to pressure his place.

Does Gallagher even play in the same position? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Jason said:

Does Gallagher even play in the same position? 

From what I've seen at Charlton he can cover all over the midfield.

The main thing is he's an option is Mount doesn't buck his ideas up as right now his place is too safe.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tomo said:

From what I've seen at Charlton he can cover all over the midfield.

The main thing is he's an option is Mount doesn't buck his ideas up as right now his place is too safe.

I know Mount is still young but if that's the kind of mentality he has, then we will have big issues down the line. Some of the young players seem to have gotten a tad too comfortable after getting the recognition, new contract, NT call-up in last few months - Mount & CHO in particular. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jason said:

I know Mount is still young but if that's the kind of mentality he has, then we will have big issues down the line. Some of the young players seem to have gotten a tad too comfortable after getting the recognition, new contract, NT call-up in last few months - Mount & CHO in particular. 

I don't really think it's deliberate, it's a subconsciously happens with most players, even Lampard himself got a bit complacent at times (Carlos second season).

It's hard to truly push yourself if you don't really have the competition.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I don't really think it's deliberate, it's a subconsciously happens with most players, even Lampard himself got a bit complacent at times (Carlos second season).

It's hard to truly push yourself if you don't really have the competition.

Ancelotti's second season? Would argue that Lampard was already going over the hill back then. So, it's not a surprise if he had tailed off. A lot of the players did that season. Otherwise, he always maintained and up his level in his best years and years approaching that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jason said:

Ancelotti's second season? Would argue that Lampard was already going over the hill back then. So, it's not a surprise if he had tailed off. A lot of the players did that season. Otherwise, he always maintained and up his level in his best years and years approaching that.

He was but even so, he improved from that season when he started being rotated more and knew he had to perform or he'd be shafted to the bench if not the stands.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tomo said:

He was but even so, he improved from that season when he started being rotated more and knew he had to perform or he'd be shafted to the bench if not the stands.

Could be that. Or could be that his game time needed to be managed better to get more from him at that age, similar to what Fergie did with Giggs IIRC. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Tomo said:

His performances have dipped ever since Barkley's been took out of the fold. 

Hopefully Conor Gallagher returns in January to pressure his place.

I'll be surprised if that is the problem. I think Mount performance has been fine. Mount strength is on his energy, pressing and movement (his chance from Jorginho pass). His passing and ball control is just ok. So if you ask him to break down tough defense, he will struggle 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/12/2019 at 8:15 PM, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I wonder if he is putting too much pressure on himself? He, at times, is rushed to get his shot off.

I think we as supporters are putting too much pressure on him based on how he started the season.

We have to remain patient with him, and based on yesterday he definitely shouldn't be benching Kovacic the clubs best player by a mile this season.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...