Mason Mount

the wes

6 hours ago, milan.cech said:

That reminds me of that story of Mourinho coming to the showers to tell Frank he is the best midfielder hehe.

Does that mean in about 20 years time Frank will be in the Sky Sports studio having lost his mojo criticisising Mount (who's just got the Chelsea job) for his team selection?

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Does that mean in about 20 years time Frank will be in the Sky Sports studio having lost his mojo criticisising Mount (who's just got the Chelsea job) for his team selection?

Err no. In 20 years time, Frank will be knighted. Sir Frank.

6 hours ago, the wes said:

Not bad for 20 year old he will only get better 

I know assists is always quite subjective but I would have expected a higher return than that and would hope he improves on that.

Goals however he's at a very good rate and long may it continue.

Just how far can Mason Mount go?

https://www.itsroundanditswhite.co.uk/articles/sky-the-limit-for-chelsea-star-mason-mount

When I discovered that Chelsea Football Club were set to change their mantra (albeit forced due to a transfer ban) and believe in youth, the scepticism started to set in. I'm a big believer in trends. Whether you like it or not, spending big coupled with a high turnover in managers has worked wonders for Roman Abramovich at Stamford Bridge.

In the early goings, my hypothesis was becoming a reality as Chelsea got hammered 4-0 at Old Trafford. Since then, though, there has been a marked shift in performances and confidence; particularly in the final third. Although only one game has been won, the goals have been consistent. Tammy Abraham is stealing the headlines, though I'd like to talk about his compatriot, Mason Mount...

After a sublime 2018/19 campaign at Derby County, the burning question was 'Can Mount step up and do it in the Premier League?' Well, the initial prognosis is an overwhelming yes. The 20-year-old has taken to English football's top-flight like a duck to water, rising to the challenge wonderfully well. Agile, two-footed, an eye for both a pass and a goal, Mount epitomises what Lampard is trying to achieve. That's probably why the attacker had such a successful season under the Chelsea legend at Derby - and it's wonderful to see that marriage blossoming in the big leagues.

If for some reason, you haven't seen Chelsea play this term, all you need to know is that Mount has already earned an England call-up, like Tyrone Mings, after just four Premier League outings this season. In a jam-packed Three Lions attacking line, Mount has forced his way in after just 360 minutes. That's impressive.

snip

On 9/4/2019 at 5:58 PM, Tomo said:

I know assists is always quite subjective but I would have expected a higher return than that and would hope he improves on that.

Goals however he's at a very good rate and long may it continue.

He has lots to improve on. He's got loads of potential... not only his ability to score and press, but his control is pretty tight, which enables him to do pretty much anything on the pitch. But he needs to learn how to slow down the game at times to fend off pressure. None of our youngsters, unsurprisingly so, do that well enough, which makes defending a lead very difficult.