• Rudiger (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Willian (sub)

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Two flukey goals we scored. Only one footballing side on the pitch. Eden didn't even look happy after his goal

Because he has a lot of catching up to do 

The 2 moments of individual class apart for our goals that was as bad as City for me. We looked as though our players have never played together before and didn't have a clue what to do. An absolutely bang average Roma side who I don't think have a single player who would get into our best XI dominated us at home.

We really, really miss Kante in midfield. Hell, we could really use Drinkwater as well. This is as poor as I've seen our football in a long time. 

Just now, Jason said:

Luiz has been atrocious. No discipline, roaming all over the pitch, no protection for the defence.

His goal will hide this fact, but it remains a fact.

We have no control in the midfield. I, for one, don't know what is Bakayoko's role. Is he supposed to be a poor man's Yaya? He for sure doesnt help control the midfield.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Luiz has been atrocious. No discipline, roaming all over the pitch, no protection for the defence.

Yep. If this was a PL ref he may have been sent off by now for foul accumulation. Baka has also looked subpar because he's not entirely sure where he's supposed to be.

We have actually been decent going forward - be it in counter attacking situations or the few times we managed to work our way into the final third. Main issue we have had no control of the game whatsoever from a defensive point of view. Luiz is like a ghost out there and Fabregas as well as Bakayoko doing nothing to get hold of the midfield.

Not sure what to make of that half. Been decent going forward but have been vulnerable to almost every attack. I'd bring Pedro on at HT to try & protect the right wing.

Lucky to be ahead. Luiz , great goal but has no positional sense for the position. Just running all over the place. Not sure what Azpi was doing for the Kolarov goal. 

Honestly i don't get what we're trying to do. Why aren't we pressing them ? We're just allowing them to play their game at our home turf. Why ?

Painful watching us try and play out from the back. Can't string along 3 passes before we have to hoof it. 

Poor performance again.

1 minute ago, positivefootball said:

Bakayoko is terrible. Luiz running everywhere like a headless chicken. Azpi looks gassed.

I don't think Bakayoko has been terrible. Just no structure to his play. I don't know what he is supposed to be doing.

The whole point of Fabregas is to use him as a fulcrum. He needs to start dominating the ball in midfield and keeping Roma nervous about pressing too far forward. Don't remember him getting the ball in the middle of the pitch once. We just finally get the ball and hoof it forward like Stoke or West Brom.

Hold the ball and play it on the ground! Stop letting them walk through our entire team, ffs.

This just goes to show how important the entertainment aspect of football is. Everyone wants the team they love to play well. We're supposed to be winning but it feels like we're losing.