• Morata
    • Batshuayi (sub)
    • Willian (sub)
    • Christensen (sub)

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simeone on Atleti team: "We always focus on our rivals and the kinds of players that will stop our rivals to try to win the match" #CFC

Simeone on line up:"We may leave a more techincal player out but that might make us more balanced than playing with a technical player" #CFC

Simeone on whether #CFC play like Atleti: "I think there is similarities between the teams but I don't think Conte is copying our style"

13 hours ago, Blusan Alamb said:

Conte on team news: "Yes, everyone is fit to play. Only Pedro has a minor problem but not a serious problem but the whole team is fit" #CFC

So Drinkwater has recovered?

I worry about us more in the City match than this one, strangely. As great as Atleti are they have a style that I think we match up well against. City play the exact sort of football that we struggle against. That's not to say this won't be an extremely tough tie obviously.

I'd say the City game is more important and if things go south today I hope Conte has that in mind.

Re. Spain, some of our matches at Camp Nou against Barcelona in recent years were nightmarish, including the last one, the 2-2 draw.
Against Real we have n't played many years now.
But I don't think Atletico can play us off the pitch tonight really.
I can't predict any result but I expect it will be more like the clashes with PSG in France.

I'm interested to see how Conte approaches Champions League games this season. He didn't really have to rotate the squad last year. This time there is good competition for places - Zappacosta/Moses, Willian/Pedro, Bakayoko/Fabregas, Rudiger/Cahill, so I'm interested to see what kind of team he picks today.

I think it will be better than the last time the team was away at Atletico when Jose did a shut-out job. 

1 hour ago, Thendo said:

Of course the chosen match for TV broadcast here in Sweden is CSKA Moscow vs United instead of us vs Atletico...Such quality game...

Here, if there is one, it will be Juventus v' Olympiakos.
I 've no idea. They have made the ERT website a real mess. Nobody can tell what the program of the day is !!
I 'm going to find a newspaper - but if they have a match it's gotta be Oly.