• Kante
    • Bakayoko
    • Fabregas
    • Hazard
    • Morata
    • Batshuayi (sub)
    • Willian (sub)
    • Christensen (sub)

Fantastic game...cant remember the last time we were actualy in control against a top team in europe. Regardless of result, I would be proud even if we lost. But the win is even sweeter. 

Good game on both ends, we played like a team, our midfield stood their ground, we were composed in defence and our attack was quick and efficient. We could easily score one or two more. 

Brilliant performance, hopefuly we show similar against city.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHAT A FUCKING PERFORMANCE!!!! 

My personal MoTM? N'Golo fucking Kante. He was unbelievable today and absolutely all over the pitch.

3-5-2 has to be the way forward for every big match against a top opponent.

Griezman???????????? Who the f#uck is Griezman. We were truly unbelievable tonight. Better team by a mile and I have never seen Atletico so totally outplayed and bereft of ideas. We made them look very ordinary.

Oh, and Hazard was on FIRE :D

This is why possession football is so important. See how good we look when we keep the ball. Of course Atletico is different from other top teams in Europe, they are not possession based but I want to see us continue in this way against other top teams. I really love this 3-5-2 away from home vs the top teams. Perfect blend of everything. 

This was such an enjoyable match!

We didn't just win. We won away to fucking atletico! Those guys hadn't lost at home in European competitions for like 10 matches or something like that.

We played sooooooo well. Morata is a Beast, Hazard is breathtaking. The team did really well. A lot of positives form the game.

Only thing I'd complain about would be Luiz being Luiz, Cesc missing a sitter, and tbh I though Bakayoko was rather mediocre at times.

But all around, that was amazing. That last goal was something I did not expect when we decided to not cross it, but fair play, what an amazing build up!

Also, Hazard and Kante. The display of strength of those two was great.

Hazard, Kante and Morata were the best today

:cig:

7 minutes ago, Ryan Fong said:

Well deserved! I failed to see anything special about this Leti side, we were by far the better team. So proud of the lads tonight, GET THE FUCK IN!

I agree, they didn't look so special. This game reminded me of Everton away last season. We hadn't won at their ground for eons and yet we made them look so average that day.

I really really hope that Conte isn't putting much faith in Alonso, Moses and Cahill. I don't mind them staying here but they should be starting in domesting cup games only.

I can't really remember the last time we performed like this against a top quality team at their home, and I thought I would never see us perform like this. A point today would be an okay result but considering the performance and the fact we gifted them their goal, we deserve all the points. Bravo.

Just now, MrExcalibur100 said:

I don't think we crossed our half once in that game. Excluding one Willian run. 

Think Torres also won a corner from a counter attack in the 70-something minute. :lol:

2 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

I don't think we crossed our half once in that game. Excluding one Willian run. 

Lampard had a shot at Tibo. From like 40 metres.

:D