• Kante
    • Fabregas
    • Pedro
    • Willian
    • Morata
    • Bakayoko (sub)
    • Hazard (sub)
    • Christensen (sub)

I don't know why people are bringing up Costa. Under Conte's management, Costa was terrible against Arsenal. He wouldn't have made much difference today.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Stats said:

Luiz was the best player on the pitch bar that stupid red card incident. He has Lacazette in his back pocket and was just a beast on the pitch. Now he is out against City in that crucial game end of the month. Anyway, some may see as points lost. I am just glad we did not crumble after that red.

We have christensen as backup. I am not too worry about losing luiz

32 minutes ago, iceboy said:

Lost 2 hours of my honeymoon for this shit.

You have honeymoon at least.
We can't find a goat in the mountains to marry us and now we drop points to Arsene as well.

34 minutes ago, communicate said:

We have christensen as backup. I am not too worry about losing luiz

Luiz was a cut above our defenders today imo. What he brings to our team is so underestimated. Time will tell but City will tell a lot how much we can cope without him.

I know it's still way early in the season but we currently sit 3rd in the table. How many of you would sign up for that come the end of the season? Only 5 games in etc but City and United looking good right now while we still seem be trying to find our feet with the new players and extra games.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

I know it's still way early in the season but we currently sit 3rd in the table. How many of you would sign up for that come the end of the season? Only 5 games in etc but City and United looking good right now while we still seem be trying to find our feet with the new players and extra games.

Fuck that, id rather finish 5th aiming for the title than settle for mere top 4. Furthermore if we can somehow navigate Stoke and City and still be 3 or less points of the top then i feel we are well in it as after the international break we will have Baka and Eden up to speed plus a kind set of fixtures until we go to The Emirates new year while the Manc clubs have a tougher run of it.

18 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Fuck that, id rather finish 5th aiming for the title than settle for mere top 4. Furthermore if we can somehow navigate Stoke and City and still be 3 or less points of the top then i feel we are well in it as after the international break we will have Baka and Eden up to speed plus a kind set of fixtures until we go to The Emirates new year while the Manc clubs have a tougher run of it.

Yeah, people forget we had a tough start to this season as far as fixtures goes. Disaster vs Burnley & all but we're still only 3 back.

It was a strange day for us, there was pretty much all the elements in the game expect the goals. We were in it the first 15 mins and then Arsenal came back, they showed determination which I was a little surprised by specially whatever is happening there. I thought we were missing a Drogba/Costa type of striker for that little something, having said that Morata's hold up play was really good. It will take him more time and us (someone like me) to get accustomed. Hindsight after seeing Bakayoko play I felt Fabregas wasnt the right choice to start but then had Pedro convert that lob/pass from Fabregas and it could had been a different view. Luiz was brilliant until he had that brain fart and not sure why Hazard didnt start specially when he did for his national side, reserve game, was a substitute in the last game. All in all, Arsenal were there for the taking and we missed it ... 2 points lost of us is how I would sum it ... 

I know we were favourites and all that but watching MOTD2, you would think Arsenal won the game. So biased. Look, I get they were the happier side however the pundits mentioning their defence was brilliant when Morata caused them problems and they played a stupid high line that nearly caused Pedro to score but unfortunately we did not capitalize. They also had just under 10 mins to snatch a victory against 10 men and could not. If they had done that then yeah but wow it was a 0-0 game. They were not even that solid as people are making out. They played a more solid game than when we usually play them at the Bridge though.

On our part, we could have done more. However a point is not the end of it all. Still 3 points behind the top 2 and both Liverpool and Spurs dropped points in games they should have won. Not too disappointed. Never thought it was going to be an easy game as some fans and pundits were making out.

7 hours ago, Tomo said:

I would've said the same if we had a better transfer window addressing our weakness at WB and another one which is becoming more so apparent every game - wide forwards. Apart from Hazard, I don't think it's good enough tbh. Pedro is getting old so we can't rely on him too much. Willian is always upgradable, and should not be starting. Our squad doesn't have that extra oomph it needs imo. Loss of Costa will become more apparent, just hoping Alvaro steps up to it. Baka has done well in the limited time he's been given but I feel like when he does get those minutes we shouldn't be expecting top top performances every game. 

City and United always had the better squad and they've adequately addressed most of their weaknesses. We've only addressed one of ours really (CM). Still need to improve our wing backs and also get in real extra quality to help Hazard and Morata. It'd be another Conte miracle if we won the league, honestly. 

Maybe it's just a case of grass is greener, but don't really expect us to seriously challenge till the end of the season for the league this time around tbh.