Danny Drinkwater

xPetrCechx

"We sold Matić, 40 millions for a 29yo who is declining, it's good business."

And now, reported 37 millions for this guy. Can't believe we got ourselves in this situation, would take him now of course, but only cause we are desperate and have no so much choice.

Decent as 4th choice midfielder, worked well with Kante before, and English. The price is crazy (even for this market) but Leicester doesnt want to sell and I can understand their high price tag.

1 hour ago, El P. said:

"We sold Matić, 40 millions for a 29yo who is declining, it's good business."

And now, reported 37 millions for this guy. Can't believe we got ourselves in this situation, would take him now of course, but only cause we are desperate and have no so much choice.

I hope that the reason while this transfer is taking so long is the reason that club is not crazy enough to pay so much money. I understand the inflated transfer market prices, but more then 30m for Drinkwater is just damn too much.

If it is under £30m than I am happy and think its a good deal.

If it is over £30m than I am happy and think its a bad deal.

Either way I am of the belief the player can be useful for our needs and will be a productive squad member. I don't concern myself too much with transfer prices, lets remember Sunderland got more money for placing last than Real Madrid did for winning the Champions League, which is absolutely insane. 

11 minutes ago, the wes said:

The value for English players is a fucking joke drinkwater is no £30m player 

Ofcourse he's not, but look at it from leicesters point of view. They dont want to sell one of their regular starters who is on a longterm contract, and they would have to find a replacement within 3 weeks.  

Not to mention they would probably be forced to pay a hefty sum for whoever they replace him with.

Name me a better realistic signing. And please not some random names from France.

He's very decent player. 30m is a lot of course but that's the market.

Also he's 27 and even if we want to get rid of him in 2 years time, I think we can easily sell him for 20m. His value won't drop drastically especially with the influx of money in the Premier League. Schneiderlin had rotten on the bench at United and still was sold for 25m€. What's 10m for a 2 year lease (at worst) with our dire need of midfielder(s) ?

I don't get the outcry. Maybe I remember different player but with Kante next to him, DD was doing so much right, tackling, quick incisive pass, full of stamina, tenacious, can join the attack. I like this. I'm curious who realistically we can get at 8th of August.

7 minutes ago, RoyalBlues said:

Barkley would be available at around the same amount, and he is younger, so prefer him than Drinkwater.

Has Barkley ever played in a midfield two? Always seen him as an attacking midfielder.