Ethan Ampadu

Blusan Alamb

Looks like hes on his way to Sunderland on loan to join Clarke Slater.

I know the lads very young and what we are like with our love of the loan system but I'm of the mind that SOME kids would benifit more being trained in house. Theres loads of chances that we could bring on these lads even at the Contes love of the 70 minute subbing. I like Ampadu and got hopes of him being good with us Im just not sure what our best ay to go with him is the loan route.

But I felt the same about Happy and its a shame the way hes turning out.

What is the point of loaning him out to some shit team? He is getting good minutes for a 17 year old here. Excellent training under Conte and his coaching team in one of the best training complex in the world while also playing with world class players.

No! Lets loan him to fucking Sunderland...

30 minutes ago, Yeboii said:

What is the point of loaning him out to some shit team? He is getting good minutes for a 17 year old here. Excellent training under Conte and his coaching team in one of the best training complex in the world while also playing with world class players.

No! Lets loan him to fucking Sunderland...

Like I say  it would be great to keep him with 1st team but then right now a short loan somewhere he would start regular with Sunderand struggling ot might do HIm/US more good come the summer.

Sunderland manager Knows Ampadu well and being clever looking at top club academy lad. Also trying foryoung Welsh Dipper Woodburn.

Needs to be kept in MF, what a pass for Pedro's chance, absolute class. Sometimes he might go sideways a bit much but he very much mixed it up today I thought, although in limited minutes, offered something Drinkwater and Kante didn't in terms of looking forwards. I hope Conte stays because he seems to really rate him. Regardless, bright future for this guy in MF or at CB, although my personal preference would be in MF.

13 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Needs to be kept in MF, what a pass for Pedro's chance, absolute class. Sometimes he might go sideways a bit much but he very much mixed it up today I thought, although in limited minutes, offered something Drinkwater and Kante didn't in terms of looking forwards. I hope Conte stays because he seems to really rate him. Regardless, bright future for this guy in MF or at CB, although my personal preference would be in MF.

Doesn’t offer that pass consistently or naturally enough. He would still be able to do that if he stepped out from cb for example. He won’t become a world beater in MF imo. 

2 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Doesn’t offer that pass consistently or naturally enough. He would still be able to do that if he stepped out from cb for example. He won’t become a world beater in MF imo. 

To be fair, hes 17 years old, he will get more and more confident if he continues at this rate but he just looks like a midfield player to me, always wants to take the ball, sure he has looked good at CB too but I honestly think he should be allowed the chance to play more in MF, he will receive more touches of the ball, gives him the opportunity to be more involved and hit those sort of passes. If it turns out hes better suited to CB then fair enough but regardless if he ends up at CB in the long run or at CM, he will be a very good player. World beater bit of a loose term, don't think he'll be up to that level but he can have a very good career, hopefully at Chelsea. I think hes surprised everybody though. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Is it absolutely crazy that I think he can do a job in that holding midfielder role for Sarri? Jorginho was the first choice but Diawara did a nice job when he filled in, Ampadu has a great passing range, a extremely tough tackle and a cool head. I always envisioned a Julian Weigl-esque role for him, We could very well loan him out but I am so tempted to keep him and have him learn/develop with the team in this roll.

What a special player we have got with him, my goodness.

12 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

Is it absolutely crazy that I think he can do a job in that holding midfielder role for Sarri? Jorginho was the first choice but Diawara did a nice job when he filled in, Ampadu has a great passing range, a extremely tough tackle and a cool head. I always envisioned a Julian Weigl-esque role for him, We could very well loan him out but I am so tempted to keep him and have him learn/develop with the team in this roll.

What a special player we have got with him, my goodness.

To be counted as club trained in CL he has to spend 3 years with us before hiting 21 years old, really doubt we will loan him out in next 2 years.

4 hours ago, ulvhedin said:

To be counted as club trained in CL he has to spend 3 years with us before hiting 21 years old, really doubt we will loan him out in next 2 years.

We was doing well keeping Happy on site to do his training but his injuy put the kaibosh on that. I hope it doesn't mean the same for Ampadu. Hes another good prospect for a long career with us if we play it right.

But with the amount of defenders we have and lack of creativity in CM we should keep him there if poss I think.