Followers 2

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The boy's got balls of steel. He might look like a palm tree but he plays like a young Beckenbauer.

ONE DOWN!! CHO and Eden now!! Really hope the kid has some great games coming up True Blue Ampadu ready to keep learning and working https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2018/9/19/true-b

Anyone with the slightest bit of football knowledge knew this wouldn't work out. He ain't good enough for a CL team.

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Is he even fit now?

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

I do not know TBH

I am thoroughly unimpressed with him atm

he better turn it around soon and at least play

I know he is young, but I am just so tired of all these constantly injured players

Ampadu won’t play in Champions League and another loan is possible

https://theathletic.co.uk/1935897/2020/07/20/ornstein-havertz-chelsea-pochettino-eze-qpr-monaco-warnock-middlesbrough/

Werner is not the only player to depart Red Bull Leipzig for Chelsea in the last few weeks. Chelsea loanee Ethan Ampadu has also returned to his parent club.

Ampadu was on a season-long loan in Germany and will not be part of Leipzig’s squad for the Champions League quarter-final against Atletico Madrid next month.

The 19-year-old had an up-and-down time in the Bundesliga and did not play as many games as he and Chelsea thought he would. That his outstanding performance against Tottenham in the last 16 of the Champions League in London was followed by injury didn’t help. The big decision for the teenager and Chelsea is whether next season he embarks on another loan or stays in west London to fight for a place in Lampard’s squad.

It is understood that, as with last summer, there are plenty of suitors from the Premier League, the Championship and elsewhere in Europe, should the decision be for him to again go on loan. Determined to make an impact with Wales at the delayed Euro 2020 next summer, Ampadu is eager to play as many minutes as possible next season.

There are plenty of Chelsea fans who would like to see him given a sustained run at Stamford Bridge. No doubt Lampard and he will consider what’s best for him in the coming weeks.

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

loan to an EPL club where he gets a lot of playing time

I would be happy with him going and consolidating his game in the Championship. It’s the same type of loan I’ve been suggesting for him for the last 18 months lol (I think he should have got a loan like this as early as Jan 2018).

Mount, Tomori, Abraham, James, and now Gallagher have all had a lot of success for their development, going to the Championship and playing regularly, I don’t see why Ampadu can’t follow suit. He is 20 this season, barely made 10 league appearances. He is of course still young but another season where he barely plays will be detrimental. Just give him a low risk loan (that, as said, clearly works) in Championship, a 3000-4000 minute season where he will actually play regularly. 

I get this type of regular gametime *could*happen with a Premier League loan. And if it did it is pretty much ideal for us and for Ampadu. But even for promoted teams it is just low probability he gets regular PL gametime I feel. It is rare for such an inexperienced player, especially on loan, to just get into a top team like that. I know it does happen (eg. AC at Mochengladbach) but given Ampadu has already had that type of aggressive loan at Leipzig which didn’t work (seriously baffles me anyone expected it to but that’s a different story) let’s just chill with him, and let him settle his game in the Championship.

1 hour ago, ja1 said:

I would be happy with him going and consolidating his game in the Championship. It’s the same type of loan I’ve been suggesting for him for the last 18 months lol (I think he should have got a loan like this as early as Jan 2018).

Mount, Tomori, Abraham, James, and now Gallagher have all had a lot of success for their development, going to the Championship and playing regularly, I don’t see why Ampadu can’t follow suit. He is 20 this season, barely made 10 league appearances. He is of course still young but another season where he barely plays will be detrimental. Just give him a low risk loan (that, as said, clearly works) in Championship, a 3000-4000 minute season where he will actually play regularly. 

I get this type of regular gametime *could*happen with a Premier League loan. And if it did it is pretty much ideal for us and for Ampadu. But even for promoted teams it is just low probability he gets regular PL gametime I feel. It is rare for such an inexperienced player, especially on loan, to just get into a top team like that. I know it does happen (eg. AC at Mochengladbach) but given Ampadu has already had that type of aggressive loan at Leipzig which didn’t work (seriously baffles me anyone expected it to but that’s a different story) let’s just chill with him, and let him settle his game in the Championship.

fine with me as well

loan him to the sheep shaggers in Swansea

14 minutes ago, Vesper said:

fine with me as well

Lol 😂 wasn’t expecting that. But yeah any top or even mid-level Championship side 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Vesper said:

fine with me as well

Yeah. I think Guehi is going to continue at Swansea so it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to have Ampadu there too.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, ja1 said:

Lol 😂 wasn’t expecting that. But yeah any top or even mid-level Championship side 

Maybe the combo of fresh sea air and wafting Welsh sheep dung will help cure him, it is his homeland, lolol

Chelsea are reported to be ready to give the green light for the highly-rated youngster Ethan Ampadu to head to Norwich on loan, who have been relegated to the Championship, in a bid to secure more game time following a frustrating loan deal to RB Leipzig (via@WalesOnline)

Going from playing UCL to playing in the Championship is frustrating but he really needs to play regularly.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Rapkun said:

Definitely a better option than Norwich but I doubt he will be guaranteed minutes there. Also it remains to be seen where he will be playing. DM would be my guess.

Playing 30-40 games for Norwich is better than 20 for Fulham I think even if it is a level below. Especially when he's basically spent a season on the bench (Damn that stupid loan to Leipzig :rant:)

11 hours ago, Strike said:

Playing 30-40 games for Norwich is better than 20 for Fulham I think even if it is a level below. Especially when he's basically spent a season on the bench (Damn that stupid loan to Leipzig :rant:)

Amapdu will be an automatic starter for Fulham. Mark my words, at worst this boy is going to be a Scott Parker type player at the very least i.e. Captain of a midtable side. His potential is huge if he can stay fit and develop. 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, King Kante said:

Amapdu will be an automatic starter for Fulham. Mark my words, at worst this boy is going to be a Scott Parker type player at the very least i.e. Captain of a midtable side. His potential is huge if he can stay fit and develop. 

I see a lot of similarities with rice tbh.

Apparently wants to stay and fight rather than go out on loan. 

I would honestly keep him and sell one of Rudi/AC (preferably Rudi). 

I think Ampadu might surprise a lot of us. 

Can be our very own Rice.

Smart from Ethan to try and fight for a place in an inconsistent position in the squad. Could always go on loan at the end of the window if it has to come to that

Most important thing for young player is to play regularly.

Ampadu 19/20 season in Leipzig: 277 minutes.

18/19 season here: 283 minutes. Not counting development squad.

17/18 season 407 minutes with first team.

So he has less minutes season by season! Conte gave him more chances than Sarri and Julian.

Another season like this would be a horrible thing for him. Fair play, he worked with three great coaches, he learned a lot but now it is time for him to make some experience in real games.

Championship is fine.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Ethan Ampadu’s physical changes put him in the mix for Frank Lampard

https://www.chelsea-news.co/2020/08/image-ethan-ampadus-physical-changes-put-mix-frank-lampard/

heads-i-wat.jpg

Chelsea are back in training, meaning there are photos coming out which allow us to make some all-too-early conclusions about the season to come.

One thing that a few social media users noticed was a picture of Ethan Ampadu standing alongside Olivier Giroud and Ruben Loftus-Cheek, the two tallest players in the squad.

Ampadu doesn’t look out of place at all, in fact even without his hair he’s at most an inch or two off the others.

That shows how he’s grown in the last year, while on loan at RB Leipzig.

So while he didn’t get much playing time, he’s at least developed in one important regard when it comes to competing for a centre-back/central-midfield spot.

• Like 2
On 18/08/2020 at 8:12 AM, Puliiszola said:

Apparently wants to stay and fight rather than go out on loan. 

I would honestly keep him and sell one of Rudi/AC (preferably Rudi). 

I think Ampadu might surprise a lot of us. 

Can be our very own Rice.

Rudiger is not being sold now, nor should he be

AC is deffo the one who needs to go first

• Like 1