Ethan Ampadu

Blusan Alamb

8 minutes ago, Yeboii said:

Probably because Azpi is the captain. I agree Ampadu should have more minutes, but I don't really see him as a RB.

well, I hope he is ready to rock as a CB IF Luiz leaves and we have no summer 2019 window

Tomori is not ready IMHO

and if we cannot bring in a new one

that leaves only

Rudiger

AC

Amps

and Azpi (as a stopgap, especially if Reece James comes good)

and (dog forbid) an ancient Cahill

Just now, Vesper said:

well, I hope he is ready to rock as a CB IF Luiz leaves and we have no summer 2019 window

Tomori is not ready IMHO

and if we cannot bring in a new one

that leaves only

Rudiger

AC

Amps

and Azpi (as a stopgap, especially if Reece James comes good)

and (dog forbid) an ancient Cahill

Agreed. If Christensen takes Luiz's position in the team and Ampadu takes Christensen's I wouldn't be worried at all!

• 3 weeks later...

• 5 weeks later...

I think he should go on loan for a year or two to gain some first team experience at the highest level. Looking at potential destinations, Norwich seems to be playing excellent possession-based football for a Championship team but once they are promoted to Premier League they will need a new centreback. 2-year loan deal to Norwich could be a win-win deal for everybody.

• 1 month later...
On 22/04/2019 at 4:33 PM, !Hazard! said:

I think he should go on loan for a year or two to gain some first team experience at the highest level. Looking at potential destinations, Norwich seems to be playing excellent possession-based football for a Championship team but once they are promoted to Premier League they will need a new centreback. 2-year loan deal to Norwich could be a win-win deal for everybody.

Yep loan is must for him. Played for Wales tonight and got replaced first. Hope I'm wrong but I'm not expecting anything from him. Never impressed by him. 

• 1 month later...

This is great news! Well hope for a good destination, but the kid needs to play and play a lot.

he needs to develop his reading of the game a lot as a cb because he’s not the most powerful guy. In midfield he will need a lot of things, so can’t go wrong going on loan.

hes just not ready and a bit part could be detrimental to his development.

Bundesliga would be great for his developtment because he would get a lot of game time there. I am not so sure if other PL clubs would give him that game time he needs to get better. He needs to find his position, his main position for us. He is very versatile, but he needs to have his main position 

Chelsea youngster Ethan Ampadu has undergone a medical ahead of a potential loan move to Bundesliga side RB Leipzig according to Sky in Germany.

The 18-year-old has made one Premier League appearance for Chelsea and played in 11 further FA Cup, Carabao Cup and Europa League matches for the club.

Frank Lampard said earlier in the week he wanted Ampadu to go out on loan to gain more first-team experience.

This is going to be a tough one for Ampadu ... I hope for his sake and for ours he come out a winner and proves himself.

I would have wanted him to play in the Championship where he could have got more games but you cant get anything better than going to a club who plays in the top league. A challenge for Ampadu. 

Not really sure about this. Going to the Championship I think would’ve been a better bet. He needs to just play at this point in his career - in fact I think he should’ve gone on loan even if just for 6 months last January to get him the ‘kickstart’ he needs appearance wise in senior football. I just do not see how he can ever get significant gametime in midfield or CB with the competition RB Leipzig have there. Why would a CL level club play him over their talent?  And if fans/the club think he is good enough as he’s that good a talent..well he should have stayed here if that was the case. I hope he proves me wrong and someone like Christensen did literally go from academy player to Mochengladbach starter so it is possible but I see this going similar to Smith Rowe or Oxford getting Bundesliga loans when it’s obvious they’re not going to get the gametime they need.

On 22/07/2019 at 3:48 PM, LAM09 said:

Let's hope this is one of the loan moves that pay off.

We don't need another player going out and hardly getting game time.

he will get more MF time than at CB

he has 3 good (2 great) CB's in front of him

he will get more MF time than at CB
he has 3 good (2 great) CB's in front of him
That would probably be the case, but I can't see him succeeding in that position at the top level.

I wonder if he will get any game time at RB.