Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Chelsea 2-3 Bayern Munich

Jas
Followers 1

9 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

It's like an example of what can happen with injuries and suspensions in the season coming. The squad needs strengthening quickly, we need more depth and quality, upgrades on Alonso, Moses are needed and Matic too.

Forget the score in this game for one second and just focus fully on the squad and it's miles from the top european teams which is where we need to be at.

We were always going to be miles away from the top European teams. It's been years since an English club was a real Champions League threat.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our positional awareness and just awareness in general when another team breaks is genuinely worrying, we just back off, let players run off us.

Kante is mediocre against any sort of technical midfield chasing shadows like a headless chicken. Player of the Year in England though for tackles and interceptions. Wow. 

We basically get dominated in midfield against any good midfield. It's not just about 3-4-3 or any formation. Spurs dominated us by matching our system

6 minutes ago, King11Didier said:

Tolliso looks more than impressive, would have been the piece in mid that Chelsea really needs. 

Negative. 

He's a good player but not what we needed. Bakayoko is exactly what was required for the formation that we play. 

David Luiz, Willian, Hazard, Pedro, Fabregas the only ones that raise up our technical level. Other top teams have them in abundance in every position. We have bricklayers instead sprinkled with some decent technique. And we wonder why we can't pass the ball from te back and struggle to string 3,4 passes together vs the strong clubs.

Half of the starting team isn't what it'll be: Christensen, Fabregas, Willian, Boga, Michy, that's literally half of the field players... So if you lose half your team for injuries and suspensions, you're screwed like most teams would.
Everybody knows and spoke about us needing upgrades to Alonso and Moses... But I hope we don't ever have to play competition matches without the whole attack, and missing two other titulars...
2 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Kante is mediocre against any sort of technical midfield chasing shadows like a headless chicken. Player of the Year in England though for tackles and interceptions. Wow. 

We basically get dominated in midfield against any good midfield. It's not just about 3-4-3 or any formation. Spurs dominated us by matching our system

30 wins in the year, my concept of domination is quite different from yours 

4 minutes ago, GQman2121 said:

Negative. 

He's a good player but not what we needed. Bakayoko is exactly what was required for the formation that we play. 

Tolisso can defend and go forward with the ball very well, would help a lot to Kante, who has to do everything in the mid. And Tolisso is doing this for his new club, Bakayoko still hasn't got a training session with his new team and is injured. Nough said. 

Just now, Antonio8 said:

30 wins in the year, my concept of domination is quite different from yours 

Non sequitur. If you're going to respond at least have some decency and respond to what I was communicating. 

Just now, MrExcalibur100 said:

Non sequitur. If you're going to respond at least have some decency and respond to what I was communicating. 

i made my point