Álvaro Morata

Captain Ahmed

Again, I 100% trust Conte, but I have to admit that Morata's movement kind of reminds me of Torres. You know, the Chelsea Torres. He's going to have to deal with a lot of pressure and he needs to score quickly. A few games in a row without finding the back of the net would make it very very hard for him.

25 minutes ago, Cosmin said:

Again, I 100% trust Conte, but I have to admit that Morata's movement kind of reminds me of Torres. You know, the Chelsea Torres. He's going to have to deal with a lot of pressure and he needs to score quickly. A few games in a row without finding the back of the net would make it very very hard for him.

He reminds me of Torres too. I was thinking it as I sat watching videos of him. It's scaring me big time... let's hope he emulates a young Torres who played for scum. 

"Matt Law, who tends to be on the ball when it comes to Chelsea news, claims that Morata will arrive at Stamford Bridge for a fee of £58M plus add-ons, considerably lower than the previously reported £70M."

Well done Marina :delight:

Endless comparison between Lukaku and Morata. Two completely different player, two completely different playing style. Only number of goals and silverware will decide the 'real winner' at the end of season.

As a Chelsea fan, I will support Conte's decision, the club and the players. In this case Morata. Don't care much about player from other clubs, especially who has just moved to a new club recently.

3 minutes ago, RoyalBlues said:

Endless comparison between Lukaku and Morata. Two completely different player, two completely different playing style. Only number of goals and silverware will decide the 'real winner' at the end of season.

As a Chelsea fan, I will support Conte's decision, the club and the players. Don't care much about player from other clubs, especially who has just moved to a new club recently.

that is bound to be there. Morata seemed like a much better player technically according to what I read in these forums when United were in for him. It is funny how many people forget that grass is always greener on the other side. I am sure had Morata gone the other way and we gotten Lukaku people would be complaining about how Lukaku isn't all that technical :P

whiners gone whine no matter what the situation is ... I can whine about how we should have gone for Belotti

1 hour ago, Cosmin said:

Not sure he is that similar. Plus imo Torres simply did not fit our team (of course after a while he lose his confidence and everything goes wrong) If you watch his goals with liverpool, most of them came from lob through ball, Liverpool has Gerard N Alonso. 

I am not worried about his movement, more about can he cope with physicality of epl

Mourinho has worked with Lukaku and Morata before, and Morata is his prefered choice than Lukaku, surely that means something.

Morata has experience playing in more than one league, and comes out as a winner in both leagues he was playing at. He has tons of CL experiences compared with Lukaku's almost zero CL experience. Think Morata will help us a lot in the league and especially in CL next season. Lukaku's advantage is that he know PL better, but he just moved to a new team, so you will never know what will happen with the massive pressure and stuff there.

We have just won the league. Our aim next season will be PL and CL titles, not with a main target 'to finish in better position at the league next season'. So still thinking Morata is the better bet this time. Whatever it was 'but, but we have failed to sign Lukaku' behind, sound like a blessing in disguise for me now that we got Morata.

2 hours ago, Cosmin said:

I can see the comparison but I don't think Torres' problem for us was his movement. His movement wasn't half bad, it was his inability to finish anything as a result of how fucked up he was mentally. As long as Morata does't have the same mental problems I think he'll be fine. 

Alvaro Morata reveals former Blues striker Fernando Torres has promised to help him settle in at Chelsea

Alvaro Morata has already been in contact with Chelsea's Spanish contingent - and says ex-Blues striker Fernando Torres has promised to help him with his move from Real Madrid.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/alvaro-morata-reveals-former-blues-10834645

14 minutes ago, RoyalBlues said:

Mourinho has worked with Lukaku and Morata before, and Morata is his prefered choice than Lukaku, surely that means something.

That means nothing. ManU were in for Morata long before they folded and went for Lukaku, clearly their 2nd or even 3rd choice behind Belotti (who you can only poke with a stick because of his release clause). So their hijacking ended up them paying massively over the odds and us taking their 1st choice for a discount price, I'm happy with that. :D Also, you must know by now that Jose's judgement isn't the best, him rejecting somebody often has nothing to do with the player's footballing ability.

12 minutes ago, manpe said:

That means nothing. ManU were in for Morata long before they folded and went for Lukaku, clearly their 2nd or even 3rd choice behind Belotti (who you can only poke with a stick because of his release clause). So their hijacking ended up them paying massively over the odds and us taking their 1st choice for a discount price, I'm happy with that. :D Also, you must know by now that Jose's judgement isn't the best, him rejecting somebody often has nothing to do with the player's footballing ability.

Who know it better to suit your system well other than the manager himself? He has worked with both, obviously that has something to do with his decision.

The Morata - Lukaku comparisson will be hard to bear throughout this season. Imagine if Rom scores in his first official game and Morata loses some chances or just doesn't show up at all.

There will be a lot of pressure on his shoulders.

1 minute ago, RoyalBlues said:

Who know it better to suit your system well other than the manager himself? He has worked with both, obviously that has something to do with his decision.

So Lukaku suits United's system better, what does that have to mean to us? And if he suits them better, why was he after Morata first?

4 minutes ago, manpe said:

So Lukaku suits United's system better, what does that have to mean to us? And if he suits them better, why was he after Morata first?

Mourinho think Morata will suit his system better, not Lukaku. Hence he trying to sign him first. Also, with the so called 'Lukaku has improved a lot after all this time', he still prefer Morata than Lukaku. That speaks a loud statement.

7 minutes ago, RoyalBlues said:

Mourinho think Morata will suit his system better, not Lukaku. Hence he trying to sign him first. Also, with the so called 'Lukaku has improved a lot after all this time', he still prefer Morata than Lukaku. That speaks a loud statement.

Aaaah man I totally misunderstood your first post. I thought you were saying that he prefers Lukaku and that should tell something, but in fact you were saying the opposite :D My bad.

“I only think about the Chelsea shirt” – Alvaro Morata with message for club’s fans

http://sportwitness.co.uk/i-think-chelsea-shirt-alvaro-morata-message-clubs-fans/

I'm sure his girlfriend likes that lol. Funny thats what i think of , what she would look like with a Chelsea shirt on lol

Related image