Álvaro Morata

Captain Ahmed

37 minutes ago, LDN Blue said:

All this time we could have been going for someone like Griezmann before these bloody Euros.. Instead we go for the one who did barely anything.

But how do you know this? And if what you imply is correct, how do you know why? You don't know anything so you cannot know that, if faced with the same facts, you would not have made the same decisions the club is making. So many people are inventing what they think the club has done and then blaming them for it.

As for the not for sale comment. It might be true of course, but it is also standard negotiating talk.

The reason we would've been ready to pay so much for a player who simply does the basics right, is because most strikers simply can't do those basics anymore. Not even a handful of strikers have both consistently good positioning + average finishing anymore, unless we're talking about oldie goldies with a few years left in the game or the unattainable Aguero's/Suarez's who've been hot shit since 2010 and before. The quality of this sport is going down down down, so since that average quality is rarer now, the prices are going up up up.

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Since we're clearly after another striker of high quality and Morata is now a no-go, I wonder who we'd be after now. Even Pellé is off the table now.

The Santos kid Gabriel maybe? Don't remember any other striker that was linked to us recently. 

1 hour ago, Billy. said:

Juanma López, Morata's agent, was in the offices of the Bernabéu yesterday where he presented the club with Chelsea's offer (AS) #CFC #RMCF

However, Real Madrid officials made it clear that they would not sell their young striker Alvaro Morata at any price (AS) #CFC #RMCF

Newspaper AS in Spain saying he's signing a new contract at Real Madrid and staying there.

Guess that's it then. Still think another striker is needed assuming Conte's planning to deploy a two striker formation but who? There's that Brazilian kid who's rumoured to be a transfer target for us but if we miss out on him, I really don't see any other alternatives out there apart from Lukaku and I'd prefer the club stay as far away from him as possible. Interesting times ahead, that's for sure.

2 hours ago, Jype said:

Newspaper AS in Spain saying he's signing a new contract at Real Madrid and staying there.

Guess that's it then. Still think another striker is needed assuming Conte's planning to deploy a two striker formation but who? There's that Brazilian kid who's rumoured to be a transfer target for us but if we miss out on him, I really don't see any other alternatives out there apart from Lukaku and I'd prefer the club stay as far away from him as possible. Interesting times ahead, that's for sure.

What about icardi mate ?? 

25 minutes ago, the wes said:

What about icardi mate ?? 

No. Not only do I want Inter to keep a hold of him, but he's too similar to Costa, in that he's a Fox in the box. Doesn't dribble a lot, and doesn't really have any crazy physical attributes to his name. Internazionale is where he belongs, hope he never leaves.