Álvaro Morata

Captain Ahmed

Pretty hard to imagine Wenger and Arse spending that much as well. But maybe this is finally the season where they make a true statement of intent...

I really hope we get him. The upside is just enormous.

10 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Pretty hard to imagine Wenger and Arse spending that much as well. But maybe this is finally the season where they make a true statement of intent...

I really hope we get him. The upside is just enormous.

Me too, there aren't really any young strikers that have announced themselves on the International front in the market. Batshuayi was one of them and we got him. Morata would be a good signing really based on that. 75 million Euros is a bit too much though..

I really couldn't be arsed about the price as long as we cover our other weakness (Cbs and Midfielders) in the transfer market, especially when the likes of Sadio Mane go for 40m. If Conte is going to play two up top, having two top strikers and an average one is a priority. I don't want people moaning when Costa gets injured and we have to field Traore in the starting XI. 

Juanma Lopez, Alvaro Morata’s agent, is in Madrid and talking with Real Madrid. The club knows about #Chelsea’s strong interest. [MARCA]

#Chelsea and Antonio Conte’s interest could force Real Madrid into selling Alvaro Morata before they go on their pre-season tour. [MARCA]

13567519_10207001003972051_7550629378728

15 hours ago, LondonsFinest said:

Don't believe the stories of Marca, but neither from the Mirror. 

Doubt we'd get him,  now that we have Bats, unless Costa is leaving.

MARCA are good with Real Madrid stuff though.  They are essentially their mouthpiece.  

Same as Mundo Deportivo and Sport are pretty good with Barcelona stuff

I even remember once reading about clubs accusing Real Madrid of using MARCA to tap players up and MARCA agreeing to it.  I'd trust MARCA over any other media outlet when it comes to Madrid

Sorry but there are many reasons why this won't happen:

Costa is better than Morata any day of the week, and Batshuayi looks like hot shit too

Morata won't be willing to sit on the bench, much less for a club that isn't even in Europe

We're about to build a new stadium, Roman isn't going to blow the budget like he used to.

The money would be better spent in other areas.

I expect one more striker as cover for those two. Maybe Pelle will do it, along with Bertrand Traore.

20 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Juanma Lopez, Alvaro Morata’s agent, is in Madrid and talking with Real Madrid. The club knows about #Chelsea’s strong interest. [MARCA]

#Chelsea and Antonio Conte’s interest could force Real Madrid into selling Alvaro Morata before they go on their pre-season tour. [MARCA]

13567519_10207001003972051_7550629378728

it's just to finalise the buy back isn't it tho 

13 minutes ago, CurlyHairLikeLuiz said:

Costa is better than Morata any day of the week, and Batshuayi looks like hot shit too

Morata won't be willing to sit on the bench, much less for a club that isn't even in Europe

We're about to build a new stadium, Roman isn't going to blow the budget like he used to.

I expect one more striker as cover for those two. Maybe Pelle will do it, along with Bertrand Traore.

They are different. Morata is younger and has huge potential.

Conte likes playing with 2 strikers so having 4 solid options is great.

How do you what romans willing to spend? We didn't spend anything last year and with the new t.v money i think we will have a sizable budget

Once again you don't what kind of budget roman is willing to give conte. Clearly we are willing to spend another 50-60ish mill on a CM and CB (kante-koulibaly)

You also don't who much we are going to make from selling players.  

1 hour ago, CurlyHairLikeLuiz said:

No Europe would mean that there are more places up for grabs, especially after a season like ours and playing under a manager who is renowned for his 3-5-2.

We just spent €40M on a "hot shit".

True, doesn't mean we can't buy strikers. 

You just said the opposite didn't you ?

23 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Whilst it's a lot of money for him there was a lot of people moaning about the weakness of our options last season if Costa got injured. We had Remy and Pato to turn too, if this happens that Morata arrives, we have signed Mitsy and bring in say Pelle we then look immediately stronger as a whole. For me and one of our downfalls has always been the thinness of our squad if we suffered injuries/suspensions to our key players and the lack of quality to fill a void.

Losing Costa would be a blow, but if we purchase Morata plus another option like I mentioned we are very well set to have great striking options.

We will look stronger retaining Costa and adding options around him. Don't think Costa is going to force his way out, not yet anyway, before even working under Conte.

Even if (and its a big if) Costa leaves, the money quoted (75m Euros) is quite frankly ridiculous for a striker who was not even first choice at Juventus and doesn't even have a few consistent seasons as a striker under his belt. 

Agree Chelsea need options up-front but not necessarily Morata and definitely nowhere near the price quoted 

18 hours ago, Fernando said:

Real Madrid willing to sell Alvaro Morata to fund Paul Pogba deal, says Guillem Balague

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12087/10494539/real-madrid-willing-to-sell-alvaro-morata-to-fund-paul-pogba-deal-says-guillem-balague

Well I don't think you need to be a sport journalist to come to this conclusion since we was already talking about this. 

So if Real serious about Pogba they will sell us Morata this summer. 

It's reported they are looking £64m for morata that's a lot of money for a good player who's no were near world class yet 

3 hours ago, the wes said:

It's reported they are looking £64m for morata that's a lot of money for a good player who's no were near world class yet 

If Chelsea break the  bank for a player, it would be disappointing if it is on Morata. Would rather pay for a quality midfielder

In attack, Griezmann, Dybala, Aubameyang are  better

6 hours ago, CurlyHairLikeLuiz said:

If we sign Morata, and play 2 uptop, Batshuayi is going on the bench. Can quote me on that