Álvaro Morata

Captain Ahmed

8 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Marca saying its practically a done deal

After signing Batman, I'd be amazed if we spent big money on Morata aswell, unless we are selling Costa

Marca I think used to be, maybe still are, very close to Real Madrid and almost used as a mouthpiece.  If Morata does join, I will be convinced Costa is off.

Morata, Batman and Traore

2 minutes ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

Marca I think used to be, maybe still are, very close to Real Madrid and almost used as a mouthpiece.  If Morata does join, I will be convinced Costa is off.

Morata, Batman and Traore

As Bluefox says -surely we need a CB, CM and full back before buying another striker.

Shame Mourinho didn't get this backing from the club last summer....

16 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

As Bluefox says -surely we need a CB, CM and full back before buying another striker.

Shame Mourinho didn't get this backing from the club last summer....

It's fantastic he didn't because he would have pissed it all away.

#Chelsea want a deal for Alvaro Morata in place before Real Madrid leave for pre-season on July 9. [MARCA]

Antonio Conte will only agree to Diego Costa’s departure if he gets a world class replacement, like Alvaro Morata. [El Confidencial]

If Costa goes I don't like this at all. Diegomparied with either Bats or Morata is world class. Bats paired with Morata (two young players in a new league/country) is super risky.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

I had forgotten that Madrid have a transfer ban looming, don't they? Seems strange they'd sell one of the only strikers they have just before that.

I think they are trying to sell to buy Pogba?

If we are playing with two up top does this deal necessarily mean Costa has to leave? I know there's a lot of money in the Michy and possible Morata deals but with those three strikers rotating, and with Michy in particular still young and developing, we could easily use all three of them throughout the season.

I'm wondering if we will fund the other positions we need to strengthen (CM and DF) by letting go of some attacking midfield options and CM's. Mikel looks likely to go, Matic I would keep but I honestly think there's a chance we could cash in on someone like Oscar, a lot has been made in the press of Conte's desire to work with him but if the price is right and it means getting in Koulibaly and a Kante type midfielder, I think it's a sacrifice he'd be willing to make. Particularly if say, Cuadrado is coming back.

I know there's a lot of 'ifs and buts' in this, but having these three doesn't necessarily mean offloading Costa. I don't think it means sacrificing strengthening other areas either. 

1 minute ago, Fernando said:

I think they are trying to sell to buy Pogba?

Oh man, that would be amazing/hilarious. We sign a super talented striker and stop United getting Pogba at the same time.