Álvaro Morata

Captain Ahmed

2 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

to a new player? new stiker, new number 9 at chelsea? no no no.

Yes, nothing wrong with that, it's just one kick. He failed, Cech made a good save, shit happens. In hindsight we are all know-it-alls, but at that moment giving a kick to a striker was sensible. Goalkeeper though? Not so sure.

7 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

to a new player? new stiker, new number 9 at chelsea? no no no.

you are right! Actually shouldn't have played at all, or maybe fuck it... lets wait a couple of months till this 24yo millionaire baby grows some striker mentality. The fact that we had a top level striker last year and we ended up with 2 second-role type strikers its really impressive.

9 minutes ago, Henrique said:

Actually I think its the other way: people here never gave Costa the credit he deserved, and as soon as Morata as was announced I said this season people would realize how important he was for the team success during 15 and 17 PL trophies.

Tô other side Morata fee was Just ridiculous. I cant understand why Neymar is generating all the fuzz when 70m was paid for Morata and the whole world acted as he was worth every penny.

Disagree. Like i said before there's no doubt Costa was great for us but he was poor at linking up and regularly lost the ball too easily. He also only performed for about half a season. 

Neymar is generating all the fuzz because he's leaving one of the biggest clubs in the world for money + also that it's happening in a really shady way (Sovereign state paying Neymar instead of the club)

5 minutes ago, RoyalBlues said:

Now he is officially have a die hard hater... well done

hahaha... personally im not a hater but a striker needs to show a strong mentality, its the most important ingredient. If defenders can see the doubt in your eyes then fuck it... Morata needs to step up, look fresh and enjoy the game. He has skills obviously but come on we are fucking Chelsea. We needed a striker as ready as possible, hungry for winning. Personally this is what i want to see from Morata next time. :)

3 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Not trying to be a knee jerk but he's looking quite average ATM. I know he's been playing out wide but he just doesn't have a presence about him. The opposite defence looks in control of him. I hope he'll be better when Hazard's back, but the performance didn't help my concerns about Morata. 

He's not looking average, he really is.

From all those getable strikers in this window the only i rate is Belotti.

4 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Not trying to be a knee jerk but he's looking quite average ATM. I know he's been playing out wide but he just doesn't have a presence about him. The opposite defence looks in control of him. I hope he'll be better when Hazard's back, but the performance didn't help my concerns about Morata. 

I have to say. Even before we was in for Morata and United were circling him, I was taking the piss out of my United mates. I thought it was brilliamt that they were going to spend soo much on him. Then we went and got him and now I am trying to convince myself that he will come good. It is early days and I will only judge after half or a full season depending on how bad or good it gets. All the early signs are worrying me though.

Morata needs time. The physicality and pace of the Premier League will take time, and it's not just him getting used to the team and how Conte wants him to play but it's also the team getting used to him and the best way he plays. 

Will we miss Costa? Yeah of course we'll miss his goal record, as there is no guarantee Morata will match his numbers, but the club will adapt to play to his strengths. If he scored 60-70% of Costa's goals but his link play allowed other players to score more goals then there's no problem.

How were we going to ever replace Lampard, or Drogba, or Cech, or JT? They've all been replaced and the club has moved on. They haven't necessarily been replaced by better players or 'new legends', but the club has adapted. Fabregas was never going to score Lampard's goals but our style of play changed and his game suited Costa (in the same way Lampard and Drogba aided one another).

I have no worries, the club will move on and push on again. We always do, so have some faith peeps and be patient.

4 hours ago, Henrique said:

Actually I think its the other way: people here never gave Costa the credit he deserved, and as soon as Morata as was announced I said this season people would realize how important he was for the team success during 15 and 17 PL trophies.

Tô other side Morata fee was Just ridiculous. I cant understand why Neymar is generating all the fuzz when 70m was paid for Morata and the whole world acted as he was worth every penny.

You cannot say if he was worth the fee or not, if you add up every minute he played so far, you wont even have 100, that's not even 2 fucking full games.

People are absolutely dying for him to fail, fans from every team, including our fucking team( including you), you cannot draw conclusions based on a 30 minute cameo against Bayern in a game in which we had our asses handed to us, a game against Inter where he played on the wing for about 50 minutes( in which he did well BTW) and on a 20 minute game against Arsenal where we created fuck all for the entire game and were A MAN DOWN( BTW Bats was terrible today, where is the blackash for him?).

Oh and by the way, a player is worth whatever a team is willing to pay for him, so dont give that "he is not worth 70M" crap, the guy has barely had a game and there is already a thread on Redcafe with 6 full pages on how crap he is and how United got the better deal.

But dont worry, i am 100% sure, that he will shut everybody up, including some of the crying babies on this forum, and especially those fucktards on Redcafe who will once again finish well below us