Álvaro Morata

Captain Ahmed

I'm seeing a whooooole lot of chatter on Twitter saying he isn't very good. Guess people don't understand that he isn't a Suarez or an Agüero yet who will score 30 goals up top on his own. He isn't the finished product and has a huge ceiling. Playing with a strike partnership of Costa and Morata would be insane. They'd compliment each other perfectly, I think.

Thing is, the transfer will only go down if Real buy him back and sell on a good profit. I say, strike a pre-contract agreement with Real for 50 mil. Euro and convince Morata as fast as you can. Then on the 1st of July, BOOM, we have a WC striker.

I still don't get the Vardy to Arsenal rumours on Arsenal's part but if this opens the door for us to get Morata because Wenger went for Vardy, then I'm all up for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chelsea to step up attempts to sign Álvaro Morata from Juventus

• New manager Antonio Conte is long-standing admirer 
• Blues want £40m striker before Spain kick off in Euros

Chelsea are to step up their attempts to sign Álvaro Morata from Juventus and hope to make progress this week before the European Championship begins.

Morata, capped nine times by Spain, had been targeted by Antonio Conte when the coach was at Juve before his departure in 2014 to take up the reins of the Italian national team, with the forward subsequently moving to the Turin club from Real Madrid on a five-year contract.

Conte, who starts work at Stamford Bridge after Euro 2016, has revived that long-standing interest as he seeks to bolster Chelsea’s attacking ranks.

Eden Hazard: ‘PSG not part of my plans because I feel good at Chelsea’

The deal is slightly complicated by the fact Real intend to activate a £23m buy-back clause in the 23-year-old’s contract, with a view to selling him on immediately at a profit. The European champions would seek nearer £40m for his services, though Chelsea are hopeful a compromise can be reached over a fee prior to Spain starting their campaign at the European Championship. They begin against Czech Republic in Toulouse on Monday.

Juventus signed Morata in 2014 rather than targeting Romelu Lukaku – another player Conte would like to pursue this summer – and he has since scored 27 goals in two title-winning seasons in Serie A. The player can feature as a lone forward or in a partnership, and had attracted interest from Arsenal and Manchester United, only for those clubs to switch their attentions to Jamie Vardy and Zlatan Ibrahimovic respectively.

Chelsea have prioritised his arrival having released Radamel Falcao and Alexandre Pato back to their parents clubs, Monaco and Corinthians respectively, after underwhelming loan spells. Loïc Rémy is also likely to depart, while Atlético Madrid have not given up hope of re-signing Diego Costa. The London club will resist that interest.

Morata has accepted he will effectively have to rejoin Real before securing a permanent transfer elsewhere given the existence of the buy-back clause.

“Hopefully everything will be resolved before then, because it is uncomfortable to be helping your country with phone in hand,” he said. “My wish is to succeed in Madrid, but Madrid have great players and what I want is to play and feel important. There are some offers from England that are tempting, not only because of the contract.

“I think my characteristics mean the Premier League would be a great destination. With what I have learned in Italy, if I have the chance to learn something more in England I think it would make me a more complete player. I am 23 years old and I want to progress, to play and learn from the best.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/06/chelsea-alvaro-morata-juventus-antonio-conte

17 hours ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

anyone who thinks Real Madrid are going to buy a player back just to sell him a few months later have been playing way too much football manager. 

It is easily possible. They can re-sign him at a bargain price and sell him for basically double that amount. I would not be surprised to see them do that at all.

52 minutes ago, Ledgi said:

I still don't get the Vardy to Arsenal rumours on Arsenal's part but if this opens the door for us to get Morata because Wenger went for Vardy, then I'm all up for it.

Vardy's pace and movement with Özil and Cazorla when he's back from injury feeding him through-balls has potential to be utterly lethal. It makes perfect sense as a short term signing. 

Vardy's pace and movement with Özil and Cazorla when he's back from injury feeding him through-balls has potential to be utterly lethal. It makes perfect sense as a short term signing. 

Still Vardy needs a lot of space to make things work for him and most of the teams play against Arsenal like Leicester did last season.

And yes, he's a short-term option. The guy will be 30 next year.

Or Wenger's probably too cheap again and don't want to spend a lot on a striker but if it works our way, who cares.

47 minutes ago, Ledgi said:

Still Vardy needs a lot of space to make things work for him and most of the teams play against Arsenal like Leicester did last season.

And yes, he's a short-term option. The guy will be 30 next year.

A short-term option worth £20m .. seems illogical when you think about it ..