Álvaro Morata

Captain Ahmed

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

You can't really stop using those excuses because he gets into those positions more than any other striker in the league. To do that is a great skill. It's just that when he gets there he shits his pants.

Confidence must be at rock bottom right now.

What good did his movement do to us today? He wasn't involved in our goals as far as I can remember and the chances he got he choked making all this movement pointless.

6 minutes ago, Stats said:

His finishing is poor but wow, now some fans saying he should be a super-sub and Batshuayi is better than him. Ridiculous. Couldn't make it up. He needs extra work on the training pitch but apart from that his movement is better than any striker we have had for a long while. His movement causes havoc for defenders. If only his runs and ability to get into one on ones matched his finishing, then he would be on tons of goals. Frustrating, however let's back him and support him. He will get his striking boots sorted with time.

I agree but also disagree :lol: He is crazily inconsistent with his movement. His link-up play around the box is tidy, however he makes some very blind runs and often even crowds out the player on the ball. Costa didn't move all that much but he inhabited space quite often... he was intelligent inasmuch as he often stayed still, making space by default as defenders were drawn to the ball. Morata needs to learn do the same.

I'll look back at some of my posts tonight when I'm less angry and cringe, but boy, he's got some fucking serious making up to do. 

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:

You should realise by know that he was a super sub at his last two clubs for a reason whilst Michy netted 23 goals & provided 10 assists in a dreadful Marseille team before joining us. He's yet to play a run of games for us since joining us, but people like yourself have written him off as if he's in Morata's shoes.

We'll be out of the top 4 before he gets any sort of boots on at this rate

He was rotated at Real last season and they made a huge mistake selling him. Look how Benzema has got in a much easier league, fuck all. He just was in teams that had very good strikers at the time. I like Bats and have given support numerous times but please don't tell me Bats is better than Morata. Morata is a much better striker. You only have to see the difference between when Bats has started this season and Morata. Like I said, I have always said Bats needs consecutive games but stating he is better than Morata is just knee-jerk rubbish, I am sorry.

His good movement????

He ran in a straight line through the big space between Arsenals center backs. 

I would expect a striker playing for Notts County to run into that space.

Seriously, how anyone can try to defend Moratas performance today is beyond me.

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

The Torres comparison is even worse!

I don't know what convincing you guys really need. When you're the main striker of a top club like Chelsea and have been bought for a record transfer . People atleast expect him to put 1 out of 3 1v1's. That isn't too much to ask from him is it. 

He was rotated at Real last season and they made a huge mistake selling him. Look how Benzema has got in a much easier league, fuck all. He just was in teams that had very good strikers at the time. I like Bats and have given support numerous times but please don't tell me Bats is better than Morata. Morata is a much better striker. You only have to see the difference between when Bats has started this season and Morata. Like I said, I have always said Bats needs consecutive games but stating he is better than Morata is just knee-jerk rubbish, I am sorry.
Benzema has been on the decline for some time & is far from the striker he was at Lyon.

I believe Michy is a better finisher than Morata and have stated that on a few occasions. I never said he was outright better than him & should be starting every game. Horses for courses

1 minute ago, cfcs most wanted said:

I don't know what convincing you guys really need. When you're the main striker of a top club like Chelsea and have been bought for a record transfer . People atleast expect him to put 1 out of 3 1v1's. That isn't too much to ask from him is it. 

Judging by today it is... 

1 minute ago, cfcs most wanted said:

Not defending Morata's performance tonight because he was rubbish. But the comparisons with Torres are just plain stupid!

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

He'll get a few in the next matches to get his confidence up. Needs everyone behind him rather than moaning about him.

My 5 year old sat and watched the game with and his words were this....

"Dad, Morata needs to sort his feet out, his balance isn't right"

5 years old

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Not defending Morata's performance tonight because he was rubbish. But the comparisons with Torres are just plain stupid!

Yea you are right. Torres was a better finisher.

1 minute ago, Mana said:

Torres and Morata are almost the same to me. Why?

Because I don't care if Morata gets himself in better positions than Torres. It's about putting the ball at the back of the fecking net. If neither of them can do it, then they are all about the same.

Morata had 3 1v1s and he didn't bury any. That's as equal as Torres missing a sitter.

Flipping Salah would bury it, a player that we got rid of and EVEN BATS.

If it was just about scoring goals, Mario Gomez would have been the most sought after striker of this generation. Movement and positioning is important, defender's ignored Torres because he had literally not a single redeming quality about him, they can't do that with Morata.

He's painful to the watch at times. But we have this so often! There's always a expensive player.. Torres... Sheva... Him at the moment who just can't do it. And you get behind them and really want them to just do it and yet... Off they go elsewhere. 

Maybe next week be his week... Maybe it'll all suddenly change and won't miss