Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Tiemoue Bakayoko

Jase
Followers 1

2 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

in theory having spent £75m

Must say that I did have hopes for Baks very early eason but it makes you wonder where we would be now with that spent on a B2B but they dont grow on trees so I hope we haven't stopped looking. I dont know what the answer is about Baks and Waterboy apart from selling them but I cant see that happening in a hurry. I'm not a hater of either of our WBs as they both have their moments and with an unknown budget in the summer window upgrading them is unsure. But with Edens future more than likely in Spain shortly his fees will have to help finance not only his replacement but others too.

But lets build that Bridge when we get there.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He should play away from matches.

Willian is a player that’s great in the 2nd third of the pitch, bringing the ball into the final third. After that though his brain freezes. He didn't destroy anything imo because he literally just wa

Awkward [emoji3]     Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk  

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Must say that I did have hopes for Baks very early eason but it makes you wonder where we would be now with that spent on a B2B but they dont grow on trees so I hope we haven't stopped looking. I dont know what the answer is about Baks and Waterboy apart from selling them but I cant see that happening in a hurry. I'm not a hater of either of our WBs as they both have their moments and with an unknown budget in the summer window upgrading them is unsure. But with Edens future more than likely in Spain shortly his fees will have to help finance not only his replacement but others too.

But lets build that Bridge when we get there.

I think the biggest issue with upgrading our wing backs at the moment is the uncertainty with Conte. Because there wasn't great commitment in the summer, the club may have felt it was too risky to spend lots of money on wing backs only for Conte to leave and a new manager wanting to revert to a back 4. Alonso and Moses are not capable enough defensively to play as full backs week in week out (they could fill in sometimes but shouldn't be regulars). Zappacosta would be the same also.

Therefore the club needs to be careful with this. Ideally buying players which are capable of playing as both a full back and wing back will be the best solution but again I don't think there are huge numbers around that are available and can play both roles so effectively.

21 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

new manager wanting to revert to a back 4

I think there lies a big problem of ours

Each time we bring in a new manager thru the revolving door they alter the team to suit their style. Instead of getting one who will suit our system.

But until Roman gives trust,faith and commitment to one who will stay over 2 years it just wont happen.

• Like 2

Lunatics. Every time he received the ball he swayed left, swayed right, turned around 90 degrees, and broke sweat just to decide which player to make a pass towards.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Leif said:

Lunatics. Every time he received the ball he swayed left, swayed right, turned around and scrapped just to find a player to make a simple pass towards.

Exactly, not loosing stupidly ball and be solid defensively is MINIMUM he should be doing. He is doing nothing more. In what aspect is he better than Mikel?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Leif said:

Lunatics. Every time he received the ball he swayed left, swayed right, turned around 90 degrees, and broke sweat just to decide which player to make a pass towards.

He's just not a very good footballer but I credit him for not crumbling like a cookie tonight. Thought he'd be disgraceful alongside an out of form Kante.

• Like 2

Fair play to him. Solid performance. These PL refs really piss me off by constantly blowing the whistle on Baka, though. Seems like he gets punished repeatedly for simply being stronger than his opponent. Not all contact is a bloody foul which these refs seem to ignore.

• Like 2
53 minutes ago, DYC. said:

He's just not a very good footballer but I credit him for not crumbling like a cookie tonight. Thought he'd be disgraceful alongside an out of form Kante.

One thing about Bakayoko - he never really lets us down in the big games so far. Also at Monaco always turned up big time in the big games. 

Another positive performance. Almost carried our whole midfield with Kanté not doing too well. 

• Like 1