Tiemoue Bakayoko

the wes

33 minutes ago, Bl33D BlUe said:

Infographic-Bakayoko-vs-Matic.jpg

The stats ain't massively different but u can see the difference when they both run with the ball, baka is like a train where matic is like a blind donkey on ice. Baka may not have as many assists but I can guarantee when he runs at players like he does defences will open, and goals will be scored, may not be a direct assist but he will have played a massive part in the goal 

10 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

The stats ain't massively different but u can see the difference when they both run with the ball, baka is like a train where matic is like a blind donkey on ice. Baka may not have as many assists but I can guarantee when he runs at players like he does defences will open, and goals will be scored, may not be a direct assist but he will have played a massive part in the goal 

If Baka was, as some think extremely limited player; Monaco would never score the amount of goals they did. Mendy, Lemar, Silva, Fabinho, Baka were the main reason why this team performed so well. 

The only problem I can see with our team is Kante and Baka are not exactly players who can dictate the tempo and playmake. We will need to compensate that with quality wingbacks, Hazard and if required Cesc. To become complete, all our team will need then is player like Lampard. Anything close to that, I would spend 100m+ if necessary. That should be our priority next summer.

15 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

+Baka is only 22 and already offers similar defensive stats and it is not that Matic is offensively very valuable. Matic will be 29 when the new season starts and has been into decline for years now. Strategically this replacement makes too much sense. Baka will hardly elevate us to another level but it will surely help not to get overrun in midfield, make us more press resistance and give us more aerial presence in midfield when handling second balls. Also we can combine him with any of our other midfielders, namely Cesc, Nat, Kante or even Baker or RLC if we wis to play them there. 

1 minute ago, Magic Lamps said:

+Baka is only 22 and already offers similar defensive stats and it is not that Matic is offensively very valuable. Matic will be 29 when the new season starts and has been into decline for years now. Strategically this replacement makes too much sense. Baka will hardly elevate us to another level but it will surely help not to get overrun in midfield, make us more press resistance and give us more aerial presence in midfield when handling second balls. Also we can combine him with any of our other midfielders, namely Cesc, Nat, Kante or even Baker or RLC if we wis to play them there. 

Long ago i had high hopes that RLC could be that player for us, hard charging box to box or slightly more advanced midfielder who could contribute goals, he plays that position for england youth and excels but for all the chances he has had its been so disappointing. He was showing some more promise towards the end of last year. Too early to write him off but we need to decide on a position for the kid and let him learn. 

6 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

He is decently dynamic which is most important phyisical thing in football next to technique. Matic and Cesc is slow, immobile. Baka and Cesc already looks much better. Then there is Kante.

4 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

He is decently dynamic which is most important phyisical thing in football next to technique. Matic and Cesc is slow, immobile. Baka and Cesc already looks much better. Then there is Kante.

That is correct. His athleticism, pace and strength make him compliment any of our other midfielders perfectly. Lets just hope he doesn't get injured. 

9 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

Long ago i had high hopes that RLC could be that player for us, hard charging box to box or slightly more advanced midfielder who could contribute goals, he plays that position for england youth and excels but for all the chances he has had its been so disappointing. He was showing some more promise towards the end of last year. Too early to write him off but we need to decide on a position for the kid and let him learn. 

I know. I have given up hope that he will become some kind of world beater despite having the technical and physical tools to become a great layer. I think he is wasted playing in the front 3 of our 3-4-3 but he could become an ok CM like you said. even though he does not yet have the mental maturity to excel in that role for us he might still be a useful back up. IMO we pressurize our youth players too much. I would be perfectly fine if we could just recruit squad and utiltiy players from the academy. RLC, Nat, Baker, Tammy, Mosunda etc will never be starters here but could be decent alternatives from the bench in a few years, win titles and probably get more money than if they were playing for clubs where they could start.