Jase
Followers 4

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Leif suffering a meltdown over Rudiger might be the funniest thing in this transfer window

Too much work for marina and enanleo they now deserve a real break...

Thought he looked excellent yesterday, been impressed with him so far this season, hope he gets a run of games now.

Posted Images

Apparently has signed the Real Madrid contract. 315k pw. 

410 mill release clause.

That last one feels like a slap in the face.

As if to show us the true worth of the player.

Love Rudiger, but tempted to see Madrid make a fool of themselves again.

• Like 1
Just now, Blue Armour said:

Apparently has signed the Real Madrid contract. 315k pw. 

410 mill release clause.

That last one feels like a slap in the face.

As if to show us the true worth of the player.

Love Rudiger, but tempted to see Madrid make a fool of themselves again.

The release clause is always an over inflated joke for Barca and Madrid players ever since Barca lost Neymar over one.

Disappointing to lose him but I wouldn't expect the club paying that sort of money to keep him to be honest. We move forwards without him. The key is getting the right replacement in. It doesn't even need to be someone that portrays Rudiger's characteristics. I'd be happy with a defender good on the ball but defensively solid and comfortable playing a 3 or 4 man defence.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Superblue_1986 said:

The release clause is always an over inflated joke for Barca and Madrid players ever since Barca lost Neymar over one.

Disappointing to lose him but I wouldn't expect the club paying that sort of money to keep him to be honest. We move forwards without him. The key is getting the right replacement in. It doesn't even need to be someone that portrays Rudiger's characteristics. I'd be happy with a defender good on the ball but defensively solid and comfortable playing a 3 or 4 man defence.

Agrees. Needs to be someone with a good amount of pace too.

That was one of Rudigers strengths IMO. Ability to recover.

Rüdigers character can never be replaced, but that's where I'm looking to our homegrown players to step in and step up.

Rudiger has been great for us but in all honesty I think he has been massively overrated.

• Like 2

I think T Silva has actually helped him improve as well TT. 

If anyone the one that needs true replacement is Silva, because he has been solid since coming. So sad that he is not any younger. 

Next season should be Silva last season, so looking to see if anyone we buy can start taking that role. 

• 2 weeks later...

Rudigar will be a forgotten player for me, finally playing his peak football and he decided to leave after reaching it and sustaining it in a period of 18 months.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Jype said:

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/posts/antonio-ruediger-Chelsea-fc-soccer-premier-league

Rüdiger says good bye with an article. Very well written, what a man. 

The most interesting piece from that article:

Unfortunately, my contract negotiations had already started to get difficult last fall. Business is business, but when you don’t hear any news from the club from August to January, the situation becomes complicated. After the first offer, there was a long gap of just nothing. We’re not robots, you know? You cannot wait for months with so much uncertainty about your future. Obviously, no one saw the sanctions coming, but in the end, other big clubs were showing interest, and I had to make a decision. I will leave it at that, because business aside, I have nothing bad to say about this club. 

If true it seems the club weren't that interested in extending him anyway.

• Thanks 1
49 minutes ago, manpe said:

Unfortunately, my contract negotiations had already started to get difficult last fall. Business is business, but when you don’t hear any news from the club from August to January, the situation becomes complicated. After the first offer, there was a long gap of just nothing. We’re not robots, you know? You cannot wait for months with so much uncertainty about your future. Obviously, no one saw the sanctions coming, but in the end, other big clubs were showing interest, and I had to make a decision. I will leave it at that, because business aside, I have nothing bad to say about this club. 

I thought we offered him 200kpw in December, turned it down, we then maxed the offer  to 230kpw in January and he still declined?

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, manpe said:

Club does stupid things like this from time to time. Not sure why.

The Courtois situation was also another one that was horribly mishandled, albeit the player made it tough by forcing the move.

When you lose more than 3 players in one go., then you really have to question the management.

In terms of contract talks, it looks like they started negotiations with Christensen before Rudiger. Just ridiculous. Arrogance probably made them think they could negotiate with Rudiger in the last minute and tie him down easily. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

How the fuck we not talk to him from august to january??

our best player expires contract at the end of the season and we don't do anythink ?? 

how is that possible?

20 minutes ago, Mário César said:

How the fuck we not talk to him from august to january??

our best player expires contract at the end of the season and we don't do anythink ?? 

how is that possible?

The club probably figured it was a mere formality that he’d eventually renew his contract. Like most Chelsea supporters, they must’ve been thinking that since he was such a leader and captain-like on the pitch and that he clearly loved the club it would be easy to convince him in the end.

Much like Christensen actually when everyone and their mother was saying everything was agreed with him and he was in the verge of signing.

39 minutes ago, Pizy said:

The club probably figured it was a mere formality that he’d eventually renew his contract. Like most Chelsea supporters, they must’ve been thinking that since he was such a leader and captain-like on the pitch and that he clearly loved the club it would be easy to convince him in the end.

Much like Christensen actually when everyone and their mother was saying everything was agreed with him and he was in the verge of signing.

one thing is we supporters think that, other thing is the board think and act in the same way

hard to believe, tbh

we've been so bad in our policy transfer market that its hard to believe that we won a ucl last year :D 

Posted (edited)

nice words about tuchel

he couldn't get a premierleague with us but at least he won a ucl that value several leagues

he always be remember from yours ucl performances in our win

good luck in madrid 

Edited by Mário César
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 20/05/2022 at 14:38, Jype said:

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/posts/antonio-ruediger-Chelsea-fc-soccer-premier-league

Rüdiger says good bye with an article. Very well written, what a man. 

Nice story about N'golo and seems to be a locker room leader that everyone looks up to. Lampard really dropped the ball picking a limited Zouma over this guy 

• Like 3
  • James changed the title to Antonio Rudiger