Antonio Rudiger

Cholo

13 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I love Happy and I want so much for him to be just what we wanted but I'm really not sure he can be. We really do need someone more technical than him. Being a defender now is more than just tackling.

It really is in this day and age. You can get away with sub par technical ability on the ball as a defender if you are immense at defending and pop up with goals. Zouma could always work on his passing but if you had to choose between him and Rudi, then for me it's a forgone conclusion.

1 minute ago, DDA said:

It really is in this day and age. You can get away with sub par technical ability on the ball as a defender if you are immense at defending and pop up with goals. Zouma could always work on his passing but if you had to choose between him and Rudi, then for me it's a forgone conclusion.

And Happy as got one hell of a bonce for nodding in Daves long balls

This man is beast, really good. I just don't know how would he look in 2-man defense, because in 3-man everything seems easier, from positioning to always having cover up for your mess in another CB.

Centre back is the only position sorted out for me. Rudiger, Azpilicueta, Christensen, and when he comes Zouma,  will be a rock solid defence. The only dilemma with the next manager would be where to play Azpilicueta , he might be shifted to right back , as he has shown that he can put crosses in, but on the other hand I don't think he has enough pace or strength to run past players, which is necessary for a Right back

• 2 weeks later...

I'm happy for Rudi. This guy went from being racially abused and treated like crap in extremely racist Italy (fuck them btw) to being one of the best defenders in one of the best teams in England. He's in a country were he'll be much more appreciated.