Antonio Rudiger

Cholo

3 hours ago, The Skipper said:

One of the only signings the club got right recently. Rüdiger 35m, VVD 75m. VVD isn’t twice the player Rüdiger is either, prettt much on a similar level/same tier imo. 

Rüdiger has put in great individual performance jsut as VVD. IMO as for their qualities they are on the same level. But VVD has solidified this Liverpool defence single handedly. This might be because his defensive partners like Lovren and Robertson are not exactly bad players but also because VVD experience in the pl helped him to organize the defence. I am positive tho that Rüdiger can achieve the same. I have seen a lot of interviews of him and he really is a humble, strong character who is not afraid to take responsibility but will do so on merit. If he can keep his attitude and and his level of play up i am sure he will become one of the great PL defenders.

Must admit its taken awhile for me to like the lad. But hes not really done a bad job. I dont know why Ive not warmed to him. Maybe Im becoming a bit of a snob and only like big characters? Dunno.

But if he keeps playing like yesterday I dont give a toss how big a character he is.

Put a upgrade inbetween him and Dave and we got a great back 3.

Just have to wait n see then if we keep a 3 or a straight back 4 next year!

Another strange poll after the game yesterday from the BBC sport website. I'm sure we all thought he had a great game. Musta been scouse twats! 5af06a06321f0_Antonio_Rudiger_voted_second_worst_player_against_Liverpool_despite_excellent_performance__Chelsea_News_-_2018-05-07_15_59_46.thumb.jpg.7030760dd02582d81a08498237443dd8.jpg

Antonio Rudiger voted second worst player against Liverpool despite excellent performance

http://www.chelsea-news.co/2018/05/antonio-rudiger-voted-second-worst-player-liverpool-despite-excellent-performance/

5 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Maybe Im becoming a bit of a snob and only like big characters? Dunno.

But if he keeps playing like yesterday I dont give a toss how big a character he is.

To me he looks like one of the strongest characters in our squad. Maybe it's his intimidating face? :P But still, he plays, talks and looks like a bad mofo who will steamroll anybody in his way. I have liked him since his first appearance. If we go back to 2 CBs then I want him to be a mainstay at first, think he's got what it takes.

9 hours ago, Robguima said:

. Don't think it's just level of development, but rather technique

Zouma has next to nothing in terms of technique on the ball. Rudiger far surpasses him in that major detail. Rudi is a fantastic player. The board got it bang on with this purchase. 

22 hours ago, DDA said:

Zouma has next to nothing in terms of technique on the ball. Rudiger far surpasses him in that major detail. Rudi is a fantastic player. The board got it bang on with this purchase. 

I love Happy and I want so much for him to be just what we wanted but I'm really not sure he can be. We really do need someone more technical than him. Being a defender now is more than just tackling.

4 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I love Happy and I want so much for him to be just what we wanted but I'm really not sure he can be. We really do need someone more technical than him. Being a defender now is more than just tackling.

I would be happy with rudiger Christensen zouma and bring in KK from napoli as our 4 CB'S for next season the likes of cahill and Luiz need to go in the summer