Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Antonio Rudiger

Jase
Followers 4

2 hours ago, cosmicway said:

What's all this talk ?
I can understand the new board not agreeing so he goes to Japan, Mitsubishi giants.
But the new board will be in place next month and the transfer period is after two months.
So why not everybody wait ?

Rudigers contract expires in June.

Technically, he is free to talk to any club he wants. And that includes Chelsea.

How and why they decided to rule out Chelsea and finalize their decision in the next week is a mystery to me. I'll still hold on to the slight hope that it is all just paper talk until I hear something official from Rudiger or the club signing him.

But one thing is certain.

We better wrap up the ownership transfer by the first week of May. Or we're going to face a real uphill battle even before the season begins.

There's selecting an owner, and then there's the actual process of transfer which includes a PL owners litmus test,  and government approval, likely to take a week or two itself.. 

Such a long process. Was it ever this long for Man Utd?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Leif suffering a meltdown over Rudiger might be the funniest thing in this transfer window

Too much work for marina and enanleo they now deserve a real break...

Thought he looked excellent yesterday, been impressed with him so far this season, hope he gets a run of games now.

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Rudigers contract expires in June.

Technically, he is free to talk to any club he wants. And that includes Chelsea.

How and why they decided to rule out Chelsea and finalize their decision in the next week is a mystery to me. I'll still hold on to the slight hope that it is all just paper talk until I hear something official from Rudiger or the club signing him.

But one thing is certain.

We better wrap up the ownership transfer by the first week of May. Or we're going to face a real uphill battle even before the season begins.

There's selecting an owner, and then there's the actual process of transfer which includes a PL owners litmus test,  and government approval, likely to take a week or two itself.. 

Such a long process. Was it ever this long for Man Utd?

The Government licence ends 31st May and I would expect this whole process is working towards being sorted before that date.

Like you said I think if a preferred owner can be selected within the next week or so, the PL owners test and Government approval I would expect can pretty much go through together but will likely take 2 - 3 weeks.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, bigbluewillie said:

Real Madrid are leading the race to sign Germany defender Antonio Rudiger, 29, who will leave Chelsea at the end of the season. (Goal)

Rudiger turned down an offer of £200,000 per week to stay at Stamford Bridge. (Sunday Telegraph)

and summer of 2023 they come calling for Reece 😢

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

and summer of 2023 they come calling for Reece 😢

Reece has a contract until 2025. I'm pretty sure over next season we'll be looking to get him, mount and havertz all signed up on new long term deals and with Reece and Mason in particular I see no reason we'll have much trouble getting them signed up to new, improved terms that reflect their importance within the squad.

lets see..

dependes what will happen in next season

the improvement of a lot of players happen cuz tuchel. no way rudiger, ac, mount or reece development in that way without tuchel 

And we really need to get this aging squad sorted.

How on earth we've let this develop is beyond me.

Particularly with the MF, I know iI keep banging on about it but I feel this is as important as anything.

I think we can do so much better than the 30 something YO's than we've got.

49 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Tuchel confirmed hes leaving this summer. 

Wait what??? Are you serious? 

4 minutes ago, DDA said:

Wait what??? Are you serious? 

Oh wait you mean Rudiger Hahah

Fuck me I thought you meant TT for a moment. 

Shit my pants.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
10 minutes ago, DDA said:

Oh wait you mean Rudiger Hahah

Fuck me I thought you meant TT for a moment. 

Shit my pants.

My initial thinking too 

disappointed to see him leave but not sad. If Chelsea meant as much to him as to us he would have chosen to stay here over the money. He could have become a legend possibly but was nothing more a decent servant.

I guess his head was turned by all those huge sign-n fees Realhands out to free agents.

Also tbh, the squad Vardrid is building with mbappe is an exciting project. I very much hope they will fail again

• Like 4

Whilst I'm disappointed to lose him, it'll be interesting to see how Rudiger does at Madrid (assuming that is where he moves to). 

He was good under Conte, especially later in the season and he's obviously been exceptional under Tuchel but in a back 4 for both Chelsea and Germany I think he's been decent at best and abysmal at worst. 

There is a very real possibility he's a system player. Now don't get me wrong in our system he's proven to be bloody important but I don't think he's the same player in a back 4. He can be prone to switching off, he can be rash and over-aggressive at times with his defending and one of his strengths is being a spare man in attack to drive the ball from deep. On the side of a back 3 it helps limit his weaknesses and highlights that strength to his game. In a back 4 I think those weaknesses can be more noticeable. I believe @Vesper mentioned similar traits in Kounde's game and although I haven't seen too much of him, from what I have seen I would agree but I think he's a similar sort of player that would benefit from playing in a back 3 rather than a back 4.

Ultimately it's raw now, but we will find a way to replace him. We've continued to win trophies after bigger players have left the club in recent years. I think the biggest concern is we are going into the unknown with the ownership. In previous years, I wouldn't have had much concern that the club would look at bringing in a couple of highly rated centre backs. We just have to see what sort of budget will be made available for next year because if Tuchel plans to continue with the current system we almost certainly need 2 centre backs, a competent backup to James at right wing back and preferably a top centre midfielder.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Whilst I'm disappointed to lose him, it'll be interesting to see how Rudiger does at Madrid (assuming that is where he moves to). 

He was good under Conte, especially later in the season and he's obviously been exceptional under Tuchel but in a back 4 for both Chelsea and Germany I think he's been decent at best and abysmal at worst. 

There is a very real possibility he's a system player. Now don't get me wrong in our system he's proven to be bloody important but I don't think he's the same player in a back 4. He can be prone to switching off, he can be rash and over-aggressive at times with his defending and one of his strengths is being a spare man in attack to drive the ball from deep. On the side of a back 3 it helps limit his weaknesses and highlights that strength to his game. In a back 4 I think those weaknesses can be more noticeable. I believe @Vesper mentioned similar traits in Kounde's game and although I haven't seen too much of him, from what I have seen I would agree but I think he's a similar sort of player that would benefit from playing in a back 3 rather than a back 4.

Ultimately it's raw now, but we will find a way to replace him. We've continued to win trophies after bigger players have left the club in recent years. I think the biggest concern is we are going into the unknown with the ownership. In previous years, I wouldn't have had much concern that the club would look at bringing in a couple of highly rated centre backs. We just have to see what sort of budget will be made available for next year because if Tuchel plans to continue with the current system we almost certainly need 2 centre backs, a competent backup to James at right wing back and preferably a top centre midfielder.

2 good CBs would be a dream. Im just hoping we sign at least one good CB.

We probably won't be able to pay the price for him, but would Declan Rice be able to play a Rudiger type role as an extra man in a 3 CB defense? If RLC can play wing back, I don't see why Rice can't play a rampaging CB ala Rudiger. He's played as a regular CB too.

13 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

2 good CBs would be a dream. Im just hoping we sign at least one good CB.

We probably won't be able to pay the price for him, but would Declan Rice be able to play a Rudiger type role as an extra man in a 3 CB defense? If RLC can play wing back, I don't see why Rice can't play a rampaging CB ala Rudiger. He's played as a regular CB too.

I'm not against us potentially buying Rice in a season or two when his contract starts to wind down but (1) I don't think he's worth pursuing this summer for the sort of money West Ham will demand, and (2) for that sort of money, I'd play him where he's proven in midfield and not have a project in mind for him as a centre back. 

14 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

My only hope is he's choosing a move abroad. Seeing him play for another domestic rival would be outrageous.

There's been talk of United being interested but Rudiger wouldn't consider them not being in the Champions League.

The signals seem to point fully to Madrid, but unfortunately if it's true that we offered up to £230k a week and he still turned it down wanting more money, then there's always the chance he looks to the biggest offer on the table and I wouldn't be surprised if United made that offer given their track record of the types of wages they'll pay.

5 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

The signals seem to point fully to Madrid, but unfortunately if it's true that we offered up to £230k a week and he still turned it down wanting more money, then there's always the chance he looks to the biggest offer on the table and I wouldn't be surprised if United made that offer given their track record of the types of wages they'll pay.

It wasn't just his wages that were a problem, his cohorts wanted a massive singing on fee, and the demand of his agents fee.

I don't know the figures but no matter what they were i'm glad Chelsea told him and them to go fuck themselves.

Edited by bigbluewillie
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, bigbluewillie said:

It wasn't just his wages that were a problem, his cohorts wanted a massive singing on fee, and the demand of his agents fee.

I don't know the figures but no matter what they were i'm glad Chelsea told him and them to go fuck themselves.

Yeah handing Rudiger what he wants is a slippery slope. It will be common for players to run down contracts and take signing on fees in the future. But there's no need to put the club in a bad position for one desperate deal.

Even Rudiger - for all his qualities - is replaceable.

• James changed the title to Antonio Rudiger