Antonio Rudiger

Cholo

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Well, that's a convincing argument...

Who wanted a argument ? stating a fact he has shown he can play out from the back  .Zouma has himself came out since his injury and said he will have to learn to play slightly different but he is young enough to do that  As yourself commented "but also play out from the back, then I don't think Zouma is your man for that." 

4 hours ago, mccg said:

Who wanted a argument ? stating a fact he has shown he can play out from the back  .Zouma has himself came out since his injury and said he will have to learn to play slightly different but he is young enough to do that  As yourself commented "but also play out from the back, then I don't think Zouma is your man for that." 

A fact? More like an observation from ONE game. Doing it at the weekend doesn't mean he's good at it or will be good at it. Hell, I can probably pick out games where Cahill plays out from the back but does that make him ball playing CB, comfortable at playing him out from the back? No. And that's just one aspect of the game. Is Zouma comfortable at being asked to defend higher up the pitch? I don't think so.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

A fact? More like an observation from ONE game. Doing it at the weekend doesn't mean he's good at it or will be good at it. Hell, I can probably pick out games where Cahill plays out from the back but does that make him ball playing CB, comfortable at playing him out from the back? No. And that's just one aspect of the game. Is Zouma comfortable at being asked to defend higher up the pitch? I don't think so.

Ffs the way you dribble on about Rudiger and playing out from the back you think he was next Franz Beckenbauer lol

1 hour ago, Tautvix said:

Think Rudiger was shocking when he came in...

Cahill might be back in the 1st team after that.

Why shock ? He wants to rotate azpicuelta . 

He didn't played well on the right ,he made some mistakes.

On the left  he is very solid-good defender. 

I hope that conte have the "ball" to replace Cahill .

lets see

On 9/11/2017 at 8:25 PM, manpe said:

Tbh we haven't seen Rüdiger and especially Christensen enough for Chelsea to make any substantial comparisons or judgements. Rüdiger may just be more adept playing on the left, Christensen has his hands full trying to displace Azpi or Luiz. We have one weak spot (Cahill) and at the moment Rüdi seems like the best replacement not least because of his experience playing that position. And tbh he has done very well, I like what I've seen so far. I'm not nearly as worried about that side anymore as I was with GC. He's a physical beast, but also fast and comfortable on the ball - basically a more developed version of Zouma.

One of the key requirement to play as wide cb in 3 cb system is to be comfortable being dragged wide. Both azpi and rudi can play fb hence it feel natural for them. Christensen on the other hand is considered to be just a cb and it looks like his passing skill is decent which make him an ideal replacement for luiz

2 hours ago, kiwi1691 said:

Ignorant people said that about Alonso, because of the clubs he had played for. We have seen a lot of Zouma playing, you can't compare.

Course u can compare zouma is more than capable of playing here id take him over cahill all da u long. He.just needs more game time, I think stoke will help him so much.

Feel free to disagree :D

• 3 weeks later...