Antonio Rudiger

Cholo

Nizaar Kinsella: "Rudiger can play in all three positions in a back three and could do a job at wing back. Chelsea could still get VVD or Bonucci" "Thats the unique attraction to rudiger"

Conte did want to bring in versatile people, with Ake gone(for now) and Zouma apparently heading out on Loan bringing in 2 CB's would make sense. Rudiger could just be the first of two purchases + help us in negotiations with other teams by not looking as desperate for a CB. 

What a fucking joke. 

I was okay with Alonso last year, but Rudiger is a bang average defender. Guy has bricks in his kickers. 

This is absolutely not a Conte target and an absolute joke. This is last years summer all over again. 

Why the flying fuck would you loan out Zouma to sign fucking Rudiger in his place??????

10 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

Nizaar Kinsella: "Rudiger can play in all three positions in a back three and could do a job at wing back. Chelsea could still get VVD or Bonucci" "Thats the unique attraction to rudiger"

Conte did want to bring in versatile people, with Ake gone(for now) and Zouma apparently heading out on Loan bringing in 2 CB's would make sense. Rudiger could just be the first of two purchases + help us in negotiations with other teams by not looking as desperate for a CB. 

Where would that leave Christensen?

7 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Where would that leave Christensen?

In competition with the other CB's. Conte will play the best players. Conte has given the board his list and how many players he wants, he knows who is already under contract as well. He wants competition and depth for an expanded schedule and to be able to challenge competitively on all fronts. All of the top teams have insane depth/competitions across their team, we are striving to be a very top team.

5 minutes ago, Dahnald said:

Then why the hell would you sell Aké??? 

Because either Conte didn't rate him that high, or more likely that Ake at his current stage of development wants assurances game to game he will get playing time so he can grow and mature. Conte/Chelsea couldn't offer him that. So they sold a player who wasnt considered a requirement for 20M lbs with a buy back option. If Ake comes good we will exercise that option and have the player back in our team. If he never develops into the player some expect we made 20M on a player. It is a win win in my eyes. 

10 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

In competition with the other CB's. Conte will play the best players. Conte has given the board his list and how many players he wants, he knows who is already under contract as well. He wants competition and depth for an expanded schedule and to be able to challenge competitively on all fronts. All of the top teams have insane depth/competitions across their team, we are striving to be a very top team.

depth is important, 6 Cbs though? And every one of them was a starter last season. Not going to happen.

CB is not a position you heavily rotate either. 

12 minutes ago, the wes said:

The German Djilobodji ffs :fist:

He is a German International, and played regularly for the team that finished 2nd in Serie A? He might not be Bonucci but he sure isnt Djilobodji

I will never understand the hype around Rudiger. One of the most overrated players I've ever seen in my life.

Why we can only get linked to average players this summer, who chose the players? We were linked to Rudiger long before Antonio came in.

1 minute ago, simonez said:

I will never understand the hype around Rudiger. One of the most overrated players I've ever seen in my life.

Why we can only get linked to average players this summer, who chose the players? We were linked to Rudiger long before Antonio came in.

I recall we were linked with him when he was at Stuttgart, yeah you are definitely right.

4 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

depth is important, 6 Cbs though? And every one of them was a starter last season. Not going to happen.

CB is not a position you heavily rotate either. 

It was quoted that Conte wanted 2 options per position on the field. so if the man wants 6 cbs give him what he wants? None of us know our plan better than Conte/Our Board. As much as we like to think we do, we dont. 

Edit: I am not advocating for Rudiger in any way, I don't know enough about him to have an educated opinion. The points i am making are solely in Defense of the club buying certain players. They have a plan we have to trust. 

People are acting as if this guy walks right into our starting XI... LOL

He's a high level squad player capable of covering multiple positions. Without knowing what we will pay its hard to really get disappointed about it, he is young and will only get better.