Antonio Rudiger

Cholo

• 3 weeks later...

Hope he starts again today. He has been easily our best defender so far this season. What surprised me most about Rudiger is the fact that he isn´t only an great athlete, but also very comfortable on the ball. 

poor game against Roma. Not only a ridiculous mistake that led to the second goal, but poor on the ball as well.

His technique is just OK - cahill level really. He is quicker than cahill and more physical, but that's it.

For me the two best defenders in the squad are Azpi and Christensen, with Luiz as the quirky quality player that needs a special setup around him - should've been permanently moved to midfield long ago.

• 5 weeks later...
6 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Scores a winner, has a top game and still no love for Rüdiger. This is the talent level all of our squad players should at least be on imo. 

This. Even besides the goal. Was excellent. I like the fact that he is so fast and prob up there for fastest CB in the league. So assuring when you have a fast CB in the team. He is only 24 too and is getting better. Really happy with us signing him.

7 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Scores a winner, has a top game and still no love for Rüdiger. This is the talent level all of our squad players should at least be on imo. 

Been great all season. Had the one poor performance against Roma when everyone played badly but other than that he's been rock solid. I love Toni already not only because of his ability but also the passion he shows. He genuinely looks like he loves playing for a big club like Chelsea. 

We definitely have the best selection of CB's in the league. Maybe Spuds are just as good when they're all fit. 

Eh. I feel like when a player is overly enthusiastic to be playing for a bigger club it only leads to an inferiority complex, which affects performance in the big games. Cahill's the only other guy in our squad sharing that trait, and it ruins him a lot of the time.

5 minutes ago, Leif said:

Eh. I feel like when a player is overly enthusiastic to be playing for a bigger club it only leads to an inferiority complex, which affects performance in the big games. Cahill's the only other guy in our squad sharing that trait, and it ruins him a lot of the time.

Cahill's problem is that he thinks he's better than he is and sometimes tries to do things that are outside of his skill set. Rüdiger actually has all the tools in his locker. He plays for arguably the top national team in the world with loads of top quality players, he played for a big club in Roma. I don't think we have to worry about him having an inferiority complex.

He's going to continue to develop into a top player.

1 hour ago, Leif said:

I think its just hard work ethic and the "hustle" mentality with Rudiger. I think he wouldn't had taken the opportunity to come to Chelsea if he didn't believe he isn't good enough.

• 1 month later...