Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

2. Antonio Rudiger

Jase
Followers 5

22 minutes ago, Vesper said:

we need to buy Maxence Lacroix as well

HE is the Rudiger replacement for me

sell Malang Sarr, we got him on a free, so even £10m is profit

we lose Thiago soon (hopefully he stays for at least half the season (until the winter WC)

thus Attila

re-sign AC and we all good to go

Rudiger turns 30 next season, we are insane to sign him to a 5 year contract at £300K+ PW

All good,..but these are more like solutions for next season and after.

What about this one?

EDIT: Never mind. It's just speculation anyway. Let's see what happens in the coming months.

Just miffed at the possibility of us ruining a good season because we couldn't tie down 1 or 2 first 11 defenders.

Edited by Blue Armour
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Leif suffering a meltdown over Rudiger might be the funniest thing in this transfer window

Too much work for marina and enanleo they now deserve a real break...

Thought he looked excellent yesterday, been impressed with him so far this season, hope he gets a run of games now.

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

All good,..but these are more like solutions for next season and after.

What about this one?

EDIT: Never mind. It's just speculation anyway. Let's see what happens in the coming months.

Just miffed at the possibility of us ruining a good season because we couldn't tie down 1 or 2 first 11 defenders.

this one? is Rudiger leaving in January?

12 minutes ago, Vesper said:

this one? is Rudiger leaving in January?

Not literally, but could be as good as gone, no?

It's not like he has this emotional connection with the club like Hazard did., which allowed Eden to continue performing at the highest level even though he knew he was leaving.

Doubt you'll see Rudiger be 100% committed like he has been in the early part of the season, and that could be a big loss, IMO.

Edited by Blue Armour
32 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Not literally, but could be as good as gone, no?

It's not like he has this emotional connection with the club like Hazard did., which allowed Eden to continue performing at the highest level even though he knew he was leaving.

Doubt you'll see Rudiger be 100% committed like he has been in the early part of the season, and that could be a big loss, IMO.

I think he will be fine, he is a pro and a crazy competitor

5 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

That is good news. 

As for his commitment I am not worried about that. He is a warrior cannot see him putting in crap performances if he has a contract elsewhere for next season. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Some of the changes from last season that all improved us a lot.

Rudiger very often goes high on the pitch.

Wing backs going in the middle and with wingers making a lot of runs in empty space which was not the case last season.

13 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Lol..hasn't he played as RB before?

He has. Only sporadically for us as a result of late subs but has done so for Germany. He is quite good at it. I think he would be ok for a game or two as lwb but long term we need him as our LCB. Surely TT will looks for a more permanent solution.

• Like 1
On 27/09/2021 at 07:25, MoroccanBlue said:

Giving into CHO's wage demands was a mistake and having Chilwell earn 200kpw was also a mistake considering the precedent it is now setting. 

With regards to Rudiger and Christensen, I've always been adamant that the system is suiting the player moreso the player suiting the system. I for one hope the club and Rudiger meet common ground somewhere, but giving him an elite player's wages just isn't logical in my opinion. 

Just going to bump this again. 

• Like 2

This is why i think we can afford to let him go. Not that he is terrible but he is not the world beater he thinks he is. Today was a one-off in the context of the last 10 months but not in the context of his entire career. he has had plenty of these performances. It is Tuchel's system that makes defenders overall look solid, bc they are protecting each other, have kante and pacey wingbacks to prevent them from being isolated. Remove Chilwell and Kante, Rüdiger begins to look more shaky. he did vs Watford as well as today. It will be similar for other defenders of his quality of which there are plentyful on the market.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

This is why i think we can afford to let him go. Not that he is terrible but he is not the world beater he thinks he is. Today was a one-off in the context of the last 10 months but not in the context of his entire career. he has had plenty of these performances. It is Tuchel's system that makes defenders overall look solid, bc they are protecting each other, have kante and pacey wingbacks to prevent them from being isolated. Remove Chilwell and Kante, Rüdiger begins to look more shaky. he did vs Watford as well as today. It will be similar for other defenders of his quality of which there are plentyful on the market.

I am certain when they play again in back 4 they will turn into shit again. Rudi somewhere else so I wont be bothered but with Chris it will be here.

• Like 2
22 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

I am certain when they play again in back 4 they will turn into shit again. Rudi somewhere else so I wont be bothered but with Chris it will be here.

You talk as if we will be playing a back 4 sometime soon….

His attacking instincts and never say die attitude which won us the game today is what we will be missing rather than his defensive prowess.

When a German reporter asked him whether he will stay at Chelsea he declined answer. 90% sure he is a goner 

7 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

His attacking instincts and never say die attitude which won us the game today is what we will be missing rather than his defensive prowess 

Some one on another forum compared him to Dennis Rodman from the old Chicago Bulls

After seeing his antics in the penalty box with him grinning after the penalty, I can see why. He is a handful like Rodman, lol. Just in your face every time.(sometimes literally)

Edited by Blue Armour
  • Thanks 1