Antonio Rudiger

Cholo

Apparently we been looking at this player for the past 3 seasons.....

Roma defender Antonio Rudiger: Chelsea following me for 3 years

- See more at: http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/roma-defender-antonio-rudiger-chelsea-following-me-for-3-years-4131406#sthash.uuYAkJXk.dpuf

20 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Apparently we been looking at this player for the past 3 seasons.....

Roma defender Antonio Rudiger: Chelsea following me for 3 years

- See more at: http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/roma-defender-antonio-rudiger-chelsea-following-me-for-3-years-4131406#sthash.uuYAkJXk.dpuf

I unblocked you. Sorry for overreacting the other day.

As for Rüdiger, I'll reserve judgement. Wouldn't be my ideal signing at CB but he's obviously very talented.

56 minutes ago, Chelsea4 said:

You don't like him?

Not at all. He can be a complete liability at times, at any given moment he can fuck up on the ball and doesn't seem to truly commit on tackles.
To be fair to him, under Spalletti (second half of the season) he has improved a lot and has had some really decent games, but should we really taking a gamble such as this in defence?
The big question is, can Conte take the best out of him and make him play decently? Yes, he most certainly is able of that, with time.
Is time something we have on our hands? Absolutely not. We need to fire from all cylinders from the get go come august. What we can do with him is take him as a back-up and slowly blood him in the first team, then we would have on our hands a decent-ish CB.
But we should really look to someone able to play at a top level since day 1.

2 hours ago, Chelsea4 said:

No.Christensen is good but he has a long way to go.

At best they're at the same level though I think Christensen is better.

Don't forget that Stuttgart wanted to get rid of Rudiger but because they couldn't sell him they decided to loan him with such low buy clause like 9m€. Tells you the story how much he is thought of by his current employer.

Imagine having Christensen, Kalas, Omeruo, Tomori, Clarke-Salter, Miazga on your books and your answer to them why their pathway to the first team is blocked is "Rudiger". It's mental.

Only his name appeases me.