Antonio Rudiger

Cholo

3 hours ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

Di Marzio said it is done. Not interested or in advanced talks but done. He basically put his whole credentials into this. He'll be done if this doesn't happen.

He also said Alvaro Morata agreed terms with Milan, that never happen.  

31 minutes ago, Bulshizza said:

Do we really need him ? We still have Luiz, Azpi, Cahill, Zouma, Christensen and i wish we could still have Ake :(

Or, do Conte thinks him for the starter?

Zouma will leave on loan so yes we need him + another CB.

14 hours ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

yep, Alonso was totally underwhelming, yet surprised us

Have to say Marcos didn't surprise me. Rudi on the other hand I don't know anything about but I'm fully on board with everyone who says give that lad a go. I think we will too. After all, people gave Marcos time to win them over so I see no reason why that won't happen again. 

23 hours ago, Pizy said:

You know exactly what it means. Marko Marin, Djilobodji, Miazga, Kenedy...

Players that the board buy regardless of the manager in hopes that they turn out well. Mourinho publicly admitted he'd never even heard of Djilobodji, ffs!

Of course, Rüdiger is well known and Conte will have seen him before, but surely he isn't/wasn't out top CB target this summer. Not at the level we need to join Europe's elite level.

1. Are you really comparing Rudiger to those 5? 

2. He was first choice target last summer, only moving on to Koulibaly when he done his ACL.

3. Jose only has himself to blame for the Papy farce.

4. Why are you using the flops to try and push the agenda that board signing's are the root off all evil? Funny how Courtois, Hazard and Azpilicueta were left out. This obsession with manager's getting full control is getting silly.

21 hours ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Emenalo has this fetish for fottballers with good physical attributes and shaky/limited technical ability. 

Maddening. 

Like Hazard and De Bruyne?

I can put my house on the fact that all of who say he is shit, haven't watched a full single game in which he featured for Roma. Come forward the one fan who can sincerely say he knows him and thinks he is bad. For as far as I know, every Roma fan who actually watched him, says it's great business by us and that he is a very good (though injury prone) defender.

Check here what they think of him: http://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/monchi-business.2039275/page-93

Anyway, I know it's a bit disappointing given the fact we were linked to giants such as Bonucci and VVD, but I also think that they don't worth as much as their respective teams are demanding. I truly think that spending 30 million on a defender like Rudiger is better business than 65 million on Van Dijk.

I also don't think Ake has shown that he is good enough to be a starter at Chelsea. I believe Rudiger is, and to send off a player that had a nice season on loan at a bottom club for 20 million and a buy back option is fantastic for both parties involved.

A summer with a return of Christiansen, and acquisitions of Rudiger, Bakayoko, Sandro and Lukaku (or another top striker) will be fucking unbelievable. It will be enough for us to challange on all fronts. So please stop being so butthurt and have some faith. 

I am skeptical about this Signing not because he is bad but is he really superior to Christensen? He will Block his spot. Also Zouma is prolly gone then.Rüdiger is no upgrade on an of our defenders but to expensive to sit on the Bench. Still trying to make sense of this 

It's not about blocking spots ffs. It's about having players to fight for four trophies over the season.

If Christensen is good enough and has enough confidence in his own ability then he'll play regardless of who is signed.

24 minutes ago, Last Sicarius said:

If we send Zouma on loan and get Rudi it gonna be good. If can play on RB/LB? I hear he is universal player.

played quite a few games as RB as well. 

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

I am skeptical about this Signing not because he is bad but is he really superior to Christensen? He will Block his spot. Also Zouma is prolly gone then.Rüdiger is no upgrade on an of our defenders but to expensive to sit on the Bench. Still trying to make sense of this 

That's my biggest concern as well. It's different if it was Van Dijk, or Boateng that was signed and. Christensen then sought another loan deal for guaranteed minutes, but if it's Rudiger that forces Christensen to look elsewhere, then Scenes will be made. 

At the end of the day, Rudiger is coming off his best ever season at AS Roma, but this mentality of signing player "so Conte can make them better" is NOT what top clubs are supposed to be about. How many players do we need to rely upon Conte making them look good instead of they themselves being genuine Top Quality players? 

Defense:

Sandro/Alonso--Cahill/Christensen--Luiz--Azpi/Rudiger--Moses/Rudiger

Is that a defense capable of making it to the Semi's of the UCL or dealing with the likes of Bayern/R. Madrid/Man City/Juventus? 

I genuinely think they are, but I worry also about the concentration levels of some of those players, not gona lie. 

On 14/04/2016 at 2:35 PM, the wes said:

Rome based newspaper La Repubblica report Antonio Conte is also interested in another AS Roma star Antonio Rudiger

On 26/05/2016 at 4:07 PM, Chelsea4 said:

Breaking: Antonio Conte is very interested in Rudiger. Rudiger close to Chelsea for next season. (@angelomangiante) SkySport.

These were reported last year before Conte even joined us. Apparently we were close, but he got injured or smth? Then went for Koulibaly which was a dead end. So yeah, Rüdiger could be a unanimous signing between the board and Conte because we were linked back in 2014 already.