Antonio Rudiger

Cholo

I still wonder why we or any of the other english clubs didn't push for Pepe. He would improve almost every team in the world. PSG have Thiago Silva, Marquinhos and Kimbempe and are still looking to sign him. I'm I missing something?

5 minutes ago, Rapkun said:

I still wonder why we or any of the other english clubs didn't push for Pepe. He would improve almost every team in the world. PSG have Thiago Silva, Marquinhos and Kimbempe and are still looking to sign him. I'm I missing something?

Finally someone.

People are being really harsh on him. Yeah he can be clumsy like Luiz, but look how Luiz was transformed in our 3 man defence especially as he had more protection. Rudiger could be easily the same. He will have better protection, which you don't have the same when playing a back 4. He is also very fast for a CB and probably one of the fastest around and very athletic and good on the ball. Give him time because remember how people mocked Luiz when he came back and was one of the best CB if not the best last season. Trust Conte and give Rudiger a chance. Still only 24 and a lot of room for improvement too.

2 hours ago, Rapkun said:

Pepe? no way!

insert Pepe videos diving here

insert Pepe videos kicking here

insert Pepe videos losing his mind here

insert Pepe videos making stupid mistakes here

insert Pepe videos fighting here

insert Pepe videos spitting here

:ph34r:

2 hours ago, pHaRaOn said:

Roma had a pretty good defence until last 5 games of the season, when they conceded 3 against Lazio, 3 against Chievo and 2 against Genoa. They conceded >26% of their total goals in that 5 games and that was when Rudiger didn't play CB. With him as CB last season in Serie A Roma has played 14 games: 13 wins, 1 lose, 9 goals conceded, 9 clean sheets.

Liked for noting a positive advantage of Rudiger.

I think he's a Conte signing. But it looks like the board can't spend above the £35 million cut off mark for any position that isn't a striker (unless they think they can pull off a striker for that kind of Price) Hopefully it pays off at least to Alonso/Luiz level. It can just be frustrating to go from Bonnuci to Vandjik to Manolas then Rudiger.... 

But I think Rudiger has some traits of a Conte player. He's powerful, fast, can play in a back 3, back 4 and even right-back and is comfortable on the ball because of his driving runs. 

6 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

Liked for noting a positive advantage of Rudiger.

I think he's a Conte signing. But it looks like the board can't spend above the £35 million cut off mark for any position that isn't a striker (unless they think they can pull off a striker for that kind of Price) Hopefully it pays off at least to Alonso/Luiz level. It can just be frustrating to go from Bonnuci to Vandjik to Manolas then Rudiger.... 

But I think Rudiger has some traits of a Conte player. He's powerful, fast, can play in a back 3, back 4 and even right-back and is comfortable on the ball because of his driving runs. 

Looking good in that videos. Thanks for posting.

7 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

It was like 8 years ago OMG some guys are like totally lame when it comes to math.

That's why I wrote 'like'. It was about ten years ago. But okay, it was 8. It doesn't change my point though, 8 years ago that money was insane for Ronaldo, nowadays 70-80 million is not even that special. We just sold Aké for 20 million pounds for Bournemouth. Imagine that in 2009.

From day 1 Luiz was an elite player, so special, with clumsiness in his game.
From day 1, Rudiger has been a '??? I guess he looks strong, he'll make it somewhere' player, with clumsiness in his game.

Different leagues. Different journeys.

4 minutes ago, Leif said:

From day 1 Luiz was an elite player, so special, with clumsiness in his game.
From day 1, Rudiger has been a '??? I guess he looks strong, he'll make it somewhere' player, with clumsiness in his game.

Different leagues. Different journeys.

Dunno what u mean here do u mean he might b good for us?-

45 minutes ago, zekinjo said:

Naaahhhh, I still refuse to believe we're interested in him. We're probably trying to push someone for a quick decision with all this Rudiger reports.

Di Marzio said it is done. Not interested or in advanced talks but done. He basically put his whole credentials into this. He'll be done if this doesn't happen.