Antonio Rudiger

Cholo

42 minutes ago, It's too big said:

What a bunch of overreactions on here. He's just turned 24 years old, is versatile, tall, physically dominating, I don't see the issue. He will be a big upgrade on Zouma. 

i doubt he is better than pre injury zouma, and he suffered a similar injury himself

40 minutes ago, Rapkun said:

Rudiger and Manolas, the best position suited for their qualities in this team would be RCB. It will be interesting to see what happens with Azpilicueta and Moses.

Seeing this a lot on Twitter. That Rüdiger is best in the right. 

Could we maybe be switching to a back 4 as our main formation with Azpi as RB? Would sort of negate Luiz's best role as a libero.

4 minutes ago, Mufassir08 said:

He is not even Roma's best CB. Massively disappointing signing if true.

Your post is dissapointing. 

The people moaning about this signing probably hated the idea of Luiz coming back. 

1 minute ago, Polo7 said:

The people moaning about this signing probably hated the idea of Luiz coming back. 

Ask any Roma fan and he'll tell you that Fazio is their best CB followed by Manolas. 

4 minutes ago, Mufassir08 said:

Ask any Roma fan and he'll tell you that Fazio is their best CB followed by Manolas. 

So what? We have been linked with this guy for awhile. You think our scouts have been blind all this time. We also play a different system to Roma. We are not Roma. Sick of people writing off potential signings. 

Just now, Polo7 said:

So what? We have been linked with this guy for awhile. You think our scouts have been blind all this time. We also play a different system to Roma. We are not Roma. Sick of people writing off potential signings. 

Our scouts also saw something in the likes of Baba Rehman, Piazon, Miazga, Zhirkov etc. Rudiger is a very rash defender not to mention he is very right-footed so I can't really see how would he be able to displace Cahill for the LCB slot. I'd rather keep and develop Zouma than to go for Rudiger personally but that's just me, feel free to disagree.  

16 minutes ago, Polo7 said:

Well, we've been linked with Bonucci and Virgil Van Dijk, also Manolas. After that getting Rüdiger would be disappointing.

Whatever, just don't waste Christensen.

12 minutes ago, Polo7 said:

We are not Roma. Sick of people writing off potential signings. 

Couldn't agree with u more. David luiz got slated before he came back turned out to be one of the best defenders in the league, a lot is down to man management and from what I saw this season conte is brilliant at it. If this guy signs for us and that's a if.... I have no doubt in my mind that conte will coach him to the level he expects and he will be an.Excellent buy for 26mil 

(Thought this was a diff thread but meh what I say still stands)

38 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Seeing this a lot on Twitter. That Rüdiger is best in the right. 

Could we maybe be switching to a back 4 as our main formation with Azpi as RB? Would sort of negate Luiz's best role as a libero.

I think we're definitely keeping a back 3 defense with all the CBs we're adding to the squad.

Rudiger doesn't have the ability on the ball that David has so he can't be playing libero. He is right footed so he will be most comfortable playing the ball from the right. Azpilicueta last season was the CB who had the most responsability of going forward and I suspect it was mainly because of his pace being able to sprint back to the defense during transition. Rudiger is very fast. He is taller than Cesar so based on that alone he will probably get picked. We conceded many goals in the air from his position last season.

If I had to guess I think in that situation Moses will get benched in for Azpilicueta, especially if we get our hands on Sandro.

Rumours are Conte doesn't even want Lukaku but Belotti or Morata but Emenalo insists on him. That guy is fucking us in the ass once again. Lightning doesn't strike twice. There is only so much Conte can do with bang average players every season.

1 hour ago, Georgy said:

Rumours are Conte doesn't even want Lukaku but Belotti or Morata but Emenalo insists on him. That guy is fucking us in the ass once again. Lightning doesn't strike twice. There is only so much Conte can do with bang average players every season.

The source is Daily Star so why would anyone even believe that.

Being Premier League champions is leverage to sign the best players. It's a lot easier to sign the likes of Bonucci when you've just won the title, vs when you finish 2nd/3rd/4th. And we're wasting that leverage on Rudiger if we sign him, considering he'd just as happily come if we ended next season in 6th. Most of our targets are now or never. Shambles.