Willy Caballero

Jase

4 hours ago, Strike said:

With my blue tinted lens, I thought he was having a good game until that moment. Why Willy, Why?

That's the problem with Caballero. He's capable of producing the goods but also very prone to making blunders - we saw both sides of him whenever he played for us.

11 hours ago, Jason said:

That's the problem with Caballero. He's capable of producing the goods but also very prone to making blunders - we saw both sides of him whenever he played for us.

Like Tibo ya mean!?

50 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
12 hours ago, Kieran. said:
No. Armani is 100x better. Sampaoli is just a fucking moron

Are you a regular viewer of River Plate games?

Yeah, best friend is from Argentina & a huge River fan so we watch games together often. He has been in insane form since January.

1 hour ago, The Skipper said:

Nope. Sampaoli is just a fraud. 

Don't know think somebody like Sampaoli is so much more suited to club management, for his sort of high intensity style we seen at Sevilla, he obviously needs a lot of time to work but also at Chile but he had a lot of time to develop it and the team, Argentina is a bit different I feel they have that we have world class players we need to be instantly successful, although they scraped qualification (making me think that perhaps there is a deeper lying issue than just the manager).

I don't get how Willy Caballareo is the number 1 for Argentina though, isn't there not a good younger goalkeeper at Sociedad who is Argentine? Geronimo Rulli I'm sure his name is? He was mentioned a lot when City were after a goalkeeper.. 

58 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Don't know think somebody like Sampaoli is so much more suited to club management, for his sort of high intensity style we seen at Sevilla, he obviously needs a lot of time to work but also at Chile but he had a lot of time to develop it and the team, Argentina is a bit different I feel they have that we have world class players we need to be instantly successful, although they scraped qualification (making me think that perhaps there is a deeper lying issue than just the manager).

I don't get how Willy Caballareo is the number 1 for Argentina though, isn't there not a good younger goalkeeper at Sociedad who is Argentine? Geronimo Rulli I'm sure his name is? He was mentioned a lot when City were after a goalkeeper.. 

Argentina struggled in qualifying partly due to the fact that Sampaoli struggled to actually play these world class players together. It's weird how he benches guys like Dybala, Banega etc. His tactics have also been shambolic at the WC so far. Rulli didn't make the squad strangely enough. Again a strange Sampaoli decision. I do agree he might be more suited at club football though.

7 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Argentina struggled in qualifying partly due to the fact that Sampaoli struggled to actually play these world class players together. It's weird how he benches guys like Dybala, Banega etc. His tactics have also been shambolic at the WC so far. Rulli didn't make the squad strangely enough. Again a strange Sampaoli decision. I do agree he might be more suited at club football though.

I think its an impossible task for him to be able to shoehorn every world class player into his team because they have always needed balance due to the overwhelming amount of top class attacking players they have. I agree that Banega should start for Argentina in MF, they have nobody who can play quick passes from deep in between the lines for the likes of Messi, Di Maria, Aguero to be in mode advanced positions. Messi is excellent at dropping deep to do this for Barcelona but the movement is pretty dire in comparison as well, plus the deeper you have him the less of an influence he has on the attacking play in my eyes, hes one of the best I've ever seen for playing little one two combinations around the box to get into goal scoring positions.

I think not taking Icardi is one of the strangest decisions I've ever seen in a world cup squad selection, considering he has more to offer than Higuain for example, who although he is extremely clinical in most games, lacks some of the attributes Icardi has. There is an over reliance on Messi though, when he has the ball they all seem to stand and watch, there is no clear structure and the other players like Di Maria, Dybala, Aguero are more than capable of being built around as well to give them some variation in their play. Also their defence and keeper, lets be fair, extremely limited and perhaps need extra protection. 

Its a shame about the rumours regarding the whole bust up in the camp if they are true because Sampaoli is a pretty innovative coach who was incredibly well thought of by many teams in Europe, considering how well he done with Chile and also a very good season with Sevilla before taking the Argentina job. 

23 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

I think its an impossible task for him to be able to shoehorn every world class player into his team because they have always needed balance due to the overwhelming amount of top class attacking players they have. I agree that Banega should start for Argentina in MF, they have nobody who can play quick passes from deep in between the lines for the likes of Messi, Di Maria, Aguero to be in mode advanced positions. Messi is excellent at dropping deep to do this for Barcelona but the movement is pretty dire in comparison as well, plus the deeper you have him the less of an influence he has on the attacking play in my eyes, hes one of the best I've ever seen for playing little one two combinations around the box to get into goal scoring positions.

I think not taking Icardi is one of the strangest decisions I've ever seen in a world cup squad selection, considering he has more to offer than Higuain for example, who although he is extremely clinical in most games, lacks some of the attributes Icardi has. There is an over reliance on Messi though, when he has the ball they all seem to stand and watch, there is no clear structure and the other players like Di Maria, Dybala, Aguero are more than capable of being built around as well to give them some variation in their play. Also their defence and keeper, lets be fair, extremely limited and perhaps need extra protection. 

Its a shame about the rumours regarding the whole bust up in the camp if they are true because Sampaoli is a pretty innovative coach who was incredibly well thought of by many teams in Europe, considering how well he done with Chile and also a very good season with Sevilla before taking the Argentina job. 

He should be building the team around his three biggest talents - Messi, Dybala and Aguero. A front three with these could work imo. Instead the whole system doesn’t make sense and doesn’t even get the best out of Messi or Aguero who he does start. He’s not getting the best out of some the most talented players in the world and seems to not even play half of them. 

It's all on Messi, He hates Icardi (arguably the best pure striker, maybe second after Kane, in the world today), so Icardi doesn't even make the squad. Messi also has said before that Dybala and and himself play exact same way/position (bollocks) so again, blocked. I detest Ronaldo, but at least he performs on the big stages with regularity. CR7 has even worse surrounding teammates too, although Argentina's back 4 are truly a joke. Otamendi is most overrated centre back on the planet with possible exception of the Jérôme Boateng of last 2 years (was a BEAST before that, Otamendi always was shit). John Stones for 3rd. Pep needs to get help back there if they want to win the CL. I am shocked he has not splashed the cash on Marquinhos and/or my favourite for us, Koulibaly (as City WOULD pay the £80 or 90m it will take to prise him away from De Laurentiis, and we never will :().

On 6/26/2018 at 9:35 AM, Vesper said:

It's all on Messi, He hates Icardi (arguably the best pure striker, maybe second after Kane, in the world today), so Icardi doesn't even make the squad. Messi also has said before that Dybala and and himself play exact same way/position (bollocks) so again, blocked. I detest Ronaldo, but at least he performs on the big stages with regularity. CR7 has even worse surrounding teammates too, although Argentina's back 4 are truly a joke. Otamendi is most overrated centre back on the planet with possible exception of the Jérôme Boateng of last 2 years (was a BEAST before that, Otamendi always was shit). John Stones for 3rd. Pep needs to get help back there if they want to win the CL. I am shocked he has not splashed the cash on Marquinhos and/or my favourite for us, Koulibaly (as City WOULD pay the £80 or 90m it will take to prise him away from De Laurentiis, and we never will :().

You cannot bring  messi ,icardi,higuain, dybala and aguero to the team. Way too many strikers. Messi is in. Now you pick 3 or those 4. If you said leaves aguero, aguero has been one of the best striker in epl for years. Then leave Higuain, higuain is their only target man, sometimes you need that kind of player. Then you say leave dybala, dybala can provide some magic. 

On 27/06/2018 at 3:17 PM, communicate said:

You cannot bring  messi ,icardi,higuain, dybala and aguero to the team. Way too many strikers. Messi is in. Now you pick 3 or those 4. If you said leaves aguero, aguero has been one of the best striker in epl for years. Then leave Higuain, higuain is their only target man, sometimes you need that kind of player. Then you say leave dybala, dybala can provide some magic. 

You honestly say that Icardi is not a target man? He is a textbook number 9. Dybala is also a textbook secondary striker, the only one in the world you might argue who is better at that position is Roberto Firmino from LPool, due to his amazing trackback play. Surely a creative, expansive coach could find a way to have Messi, Dybala and Icardi work together as a lethal unit. I am not saying you are wrong at all, just positing that a system could be put into place where all three could flourish. I simply do not believe it couldn't.

Argentina went out, and played poorly overall, IMHO, mainly due to a horrific back four and goalkeepers. Otamendi is (with strong competition from a year plus plummeting Jerome Boateng) arguably the most overrated centre back in major world football. Gabriel Mercado, Nicolás Tagliafico, Cristian Ansaldi, Federico Fazio, Marcos Acuña, Marcos Rojo were and are also hardly the quality upon which World Cup's are won.

• 2 weeks later...