test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

xPetrCechx

Alex Telles

Started by xPetrCechx,

98 posts in this topic

So apparently, Chelsea have bid for Alex Telles (€25m) but Porto have said they “do not want to sell the player now” according to O Jogo. But Turkish reports say that he will join Chelsea soon as Porto need to balance FFP. 10% of profit goes to Galatasaray (bought for €8.5m).

15 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

Just sign him already, I’m tired of us being linked to him since like 2012.. We wanted him when he was at Potro, Inter, now Galatasaray, just get over it. It’s like Falcao. The fucking rumours didn’t stop until we finally signed him after Monaco and MU.

Still wouldn't be as bad as the Hulk links!!!

8 minutes ago, Dimitr said:

Telles and mahrez and we will have an amazing transfer period 

Afraid that Mahrez might end up a Dipper.

Is Telles good enough though? He seems quite solid defensively but I'm not sure if his attacking play is at a very high level. He would need to very effective in the final third as that's the only way Conte can justify dropping Alonso in his current form.

10 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

Is Telles good enough though? He seems quite solid defensively but I'm not sure if his attacking play is at a very high level. He would need to very effective in the final third as that's the only way Conte can justify dropping Alonso in his current form.

If you look at his stats the last 10 games hes had 4 assists 1 goal and a MOTM all in diff games. Sounds ok to me. But with Alonso scoring 3 with 1 assist and a MOTM who knows. Both still higher than Sandro.

21 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

If you think this compassion can give you an answer:

s5G8H1L.jpg

!Hazard! likes this

3 minutes ago, Ledgi said:

If you think this compassion can give you an answer:

s5G8H1L.jpg

Interesting and Alex Telles has played lesser games than Alonso in them stats 

someone mentioned on here, that telles is better in attack than sandro

7 minutes ago, lucio said:

someone mentioned on here, that telles is better in attack than sandro

Absolutely...especially this present season which he has been on very good form though last season was remarkable as well for him....he got highest amount of assists in Europe as a left back...only aspect Sandro is better is taking on opponents...

lucio likes this

We also have to consider that Alex Telles is playing left back while Marcos Alonso is wingback or pretty much winger :)

Hope we get some decent lb/lwb 4 sure , a striker on loan or winger and decent January sales me thinks kerching kerching!

4 minutes ago, the wes said:

DS3JiWfX4AEgsVG.jpeg

The drop off in Alex Sandro this season is pretty worrying.

A failed transfer in the summer should be no excuse, he should knuckle down and carry on playing for the team who pays him until a deal is reached in a subsequent transfer window, similar to Coutinho.

9 hours ago, the wes said:

DS3JiWfX4AEgsVG.jpeg

Portuguese league, Matic was one of the best there, that says enough. Not saying he's a bad player, but comparisons like that don't show much.

4 hours ago, manpe said:

Portuguese league, Matic was one of the best there, that says enough. Not saying he's a bad player, but comparisons like that don't show much.

Matic was the best at his position in the league when he switched here too. 

Matic was the best at his position in the league when he switched here too. 
Yeah the honeymoon period, but it didn't last.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, manpe said:

I said it also in the Sandro thread but i'm not quite sure why the Portuguese League has such a reputation, it arguably has the biggest success rate in terms of players moving to the "big" leagues (and that includes players going from one major league to another). The latest arrival from those shores is changing almost everyone's perception of goalkeeping.

It only seems to be the economic situation in Portugal that holds back that league, imagine Portugal with our TV deals allowing Porto, Sporting and Benfica to keep all the top stars they have produced (before even factoring in players they could buy)? They former two especially would be serious candidates to win the CL every single season.

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I said it also in the Sandro thread but i'm not quite sure why the Portuguese League has such a reputation, it arguably has the biggest success rate in terms of players moving to the "big" leagues (and that includes players going from one major league to another). The latest arrival from those shores is changing almost everyone's perception of goalkeeping.

It only seems to be the economic situation in Portugal that holds back that league, imagine Portugal with our TV deals allowing Porto, Sporting and Benfica to keep all the top stars they have produced (before even factoring in players they could buy)? They former two especially would be serious candidates to win the CL every single season.

Yes, as I said I did not say he was automatically a bad player because of it, I'm aware of the prodigies that have come from Portugal. I simply said that showing superior numbers to players playing in tougher leagues doesn't show much in comparison to their qualities.

Tomo likes this